A Yellow Butterfly

Lean on me

pwooosh. I'm back! This chapter is longer than usual, please bear with me and as always, Enjoy! :)

 

 

------

Amber's POV

 

"What am I doing?" I questioned myself, standing in the shower, palms pressed on the wall, letting the warm water fall on my head; cascading down my body.

I have been thinking about Krystal non-stop. Her hair like flames nestled against her neck, her ivory soft skin that felt like vanilla, her angelic voice and her beautiful face. I closed my eyes and see her face behind my eyelids picturing her cry, feel frightened and relieved and confused and happy.

This morning I found a Krystal-less couch and a yellow note with carefully written words.

Sorry and thank you for everything, PandAmber

Ugh! How I would give anything in the world just to hear her laugh again.

I wiped the steam from the mirror in front of me and inspected my right eye. The bruise wasn't so bad but it was dark, forming a full circle around my eye. I recall how her soft, pink lips were pressed against this dark mess. Shaking my head, no.

"I'm the mess." Thinking how I'm still here when around about this time of the day I'm walking on the streets, searching for a living.

Stepping out the shower, I wipe myself dry moving into the bedroom, put on my clothes, my cap and my only pair of sneakers, still feeling her tiptoes on me. I ready myself for another day out in the unknown.

I want to find her, know more about her, protect her and feel her again but where will I start? She was clearly running away from the jerk when I found her at the park. She had no shoes on, had little clothes on. I kept thinking, how the hell did she end up there.

Then it hit me. No shoes? In her shorts? She must've been somewhere warm, at home, relaxing, watching late night shows when the guy barged in. That guy? Who was he? He didn't look like a stranger to her. He wore decent clothing -slick shoes, black slacks and button-down. Very far from his personality that was nowhere near decent.

Is he her boyfriend?

"Aiiiiish!" I don't know. I scratched my cap with both hands furiously. I need to go on with my daily routine, crawling out from the corner of unemployment. Starting from nothing again.

I need my bag. My application letters, what's left of my money and business contacts are in there. Maybe my bag's on the ground somewhere in the park. I need to check.

I moved out from the bedroom to the living room, putting on my black jacket filled with Krystal's lingering smell of strawberries. I inhaled long, enveloping myself in her scent.

"I'm never washing this again." saying it with a smile. It's the only thing I have of her to remember, her scent.

I walked out the door, locking it and placed the key in my pocket.

After a short while of walking, I found myself at the entrance of the huge park. I dived in and searched for a particular tree in mind. I followed the cemented pathway. Runners passing by me, people drinking coffee on benches to fight off the cold, dogs fetching for their wooden sticks. A little further away, I see the familiar tree ahead. There's no one around, looking to my right then to my left and no bag was in sight. Sigh. Walking closer now to the tree when suddenly...

"Aaaah!" I hear someone scream.

"My God, what is with this park and people screaming?" I searched right away for the source.

 

Krystal's POV

 

It was dawn when I snuck out of Amber's apartment. I closed the door quietly and directed my gaze to the long corridor, looking for the exit. The floor was dry now but cold under my feet. I walk towards the end and found the staircase. I felt really bad as I reached the bottom and looked up the zigzagging stairs.

"Amber carried me all the way up the sixth floor." I said with a heavy heart. I don't want to bother her anymore. I don't want to see her struggle because of me.

I scanned the run down place, it's very old and I don't see any elevator nor do I see a window that wasn't cracked, broken or caked with dust.


She doesn't have much but she offered and gave everything so easily. She deserves so much more. Feeling dismayed, I let myself out the building and on to the streets. I hailed a cab, got in, said my address and sat back.

I felt uncomfortable from behind, a lump was sticking out from my back pocket. I reached for it and felt a cloth, pulling it free, I see in my hands a white handkerchief with a letter A embroidered at the lower right corner. It was the one Amber used to cover the ice. It was pressed to my cheek and was over her eye.

"I will be keeping you." I smiled and folded it in my hands.

The ride wasn't very long because the cab halted to a stop in front of my apartment.

"Ahjussi, please wait for a moment I'll go get my money inside, it won't take long, keep the meter running."

"No problem, miss." He said in the rearview mirror.

I got out immediately, walking through of the sliding doors and spotted Chris, the head security of the building.

"Good day, Ms. Jung. W-what happened to you, Ms. Jung?" He asked, raising a brow while seeing the state I'm in.

"Long story, Chris. Do you have cash on you, perhaps? A cab's waiting outside and..."

"Say no more Miss Jung." he said while going out the door, coming back right away. "It's all taken care of." He smiled.

"Thank you, Chris. I'll pay you right away." I said while going in front the elevator, pressing up.

"You're welcome, Miss Jung and you should have those wounds checked."

"No need, it's already taken care of really well." I said with a smile, remembering Amber. "Oh! and Chris, please notify me immediately upstairs if Mr. Choi's back in the building." I waved and entered the elevator.

I'm now in front of my apartment door. I typed in the pin. The doors opened with a beep and I changed the pin at once to avoid any unwanted visitors again.

"Please enter new pin." a recorded voice requested and I pressed,

0-6-1-9

ping*

 

Amber's POV

 

Where is it coming from? The scream from earlier. I searched around the thick foliage and see a little girl crouched down, holding her legs within her arms.

"Omaaaaaa!" Tears flowing down her cheeks, I crouched in front of her.

"Hey there, are you lost?" she nodded, up and down. "Well then, let's go look for your eomma, okay?" I stood up with her and she held on to my waist, wiping away her tears and some snot on her sleeves.

I took her to the middle of the park where it's crowded and let her sit on the bench while I ordered a hot chocolate drink with the spare change I have with me.

"Here you go." she took it from my hand and took a sip right away.

Out of nowhere a lady with long wavy locks came and kneeled in front of the kid, placing her hand on top of the kid's lap.

"There you are, Haru. You gave me a heart attack. Don't run off again like that, understood?" Haru nodded, up and down.

"A-are you the mother?" I inquired and before I knew it the lady was up and hugging me. I've been getting a lot of hugs lately but what I really want to feel is a hug from someone particular.

"Thank you very much!" she said and proceeded to sit next to Haru. "Her mother's away for a week on a business trip and they left Haru with me."

"You should keep a close eye on her. That one's an adventurer." I said.

"I know. She's never tired and always up and running even at night." She said and looked over to Haru. "I'm Jessica Jung, by the way." She looked at me and raised her right hand to me.

"Amber Liu, nice to meet you." shaking her hand.

"Let me repay you. I know a great restaurant not far from here, I'll treat you to lunch."

Before I could turn down the offer she lifted her hand, palm facing to me.

"I won't take NO for an answer." I adjusted my cap that fell out of place after the hug then followed Jessica and Haru from behind as they started walking, hand-in-hand.

 

Krystal's POV

 

"Good as new." looking proudly at the freshly ironed handkerchief and run my thumb over the intricate A.

I picked up my phone and started dialing.

"Yes, Miss Jung?" asked on the other line.

"I will be coming in late, so please manage things while I'm out."

"Certainly, Ms. Jung."

I took a bath then after, I wore my black high waist pants tucking in my denim long sleeves, finally putting on my converse. I grabbed my bag and went down the lobby. I gave Chris the payment and thank him.

I went to the parking lot and took my car keys out from my bag.

beep beep*

The SUV's light flickered, I got in and drove away.

 

Amber's POV

 

"Woah!" I stare in amazement watching the facade of the restaurant. It was big and very fancy. It gave off a paradise feel. There were artificial waterfalls on either side of the entrance and pass the golden grilled gates is a tunnel of greenery with a ceiling of flowers hanging from above. I wish I could take Krystal here someday, placing my hand inside my jacket.

"Amazing, isn't it?"

"Yes, very much." I said to Jessica as we enter a room at the end.

"Good day, Miss Jung." The attendants greeted Jessica.

"Terrace area, please." She said.

"Right away Miss." we climbed up the stairs and reached the top. It was even more beautiful. Colorful flowers hang high above our heads ribbing the sky and forming an arc, making it our roof as patches of sunlight slips through. The waiter guided us near a little greenhouse and we sat down.

"Our usual meal please and make it for three please." Jessica said and the waiter nodded and left. The place was filled with posh people. They all look like businessmen, lawyers, doctors, all high-class and I felt very out of place.

"Oppa." Haru said pointing a finger to my eye and Jessica instinctively push it down.

"Amber? If you don't mind me asking, what happened to your eye?" Jessica asked.

"Oh this?" Holding it. "Some bad guy punched me." I said while making comical actions of getting punched in front of Haru, she stared at me. "You shouldn't run off like that again or bad people might hurt you like this, okay?"

"Araso, oppa." Haru answered with a nod.

The food came and went then I asked, curiously...

"Do you always go here? I mean, most of the people here know you." I looked at Jessica.

"Ahh. Yes. My sister owns the place and manages it personally. She's always here, making sure the customers and her staff are happy but strangely enough, I don't see her today."

"Wow, she sounds amazing. She must've worked really hard to get to this point of success. I would really like to work for her." I said in awe.

"Oh? You're looking for a place to work? I'll ask my sister to get you in since you've been really nice to Haru and me."

"Seriously!?" I looked at her wide eyed.

"Yes. It shouldn't be a problem, since the place needs more help."

I finally have a job? Unbelievable. Last night I met an amazing girl who made me feel all kinds of things and now I FINALLY have a job. My life's definitely turning brightly around.

"Thank you so much!" Jessica smiled approvingly in response.

"Oppa, look." Haru asking me to carry her to follow the yellow butterfly as it flutters away near the stairs.

 

Krystal's POV

 

It was past noon when I arrived. I climbed out of my car and entered the restaurant.

"Good day, Miss Jung... Miss? Your cheek."

"Oh, it's fine, it's nothing major." I smiled assuringly. "How are things going?"

"Breakfast and lunch went smoothly and Miss Jessica is upstairs."

"Okay. Thank you."

I walk towards the stairs, bowing to some of the customers who were waving at me and climbed up. One foot after the other with my hand on the rail. I climbed up the stairs.

When I reached the top, a guy carrying a child suddenly turned around and collided with me.

oooof!

"Sorry."
"Sorry."

We said in unison as I look up and we were face-to-face. I felt my face and ears get really warm and I gulped down my saliva feeling my heart twist. Amber? I looked into her eyes and I knew exactly then she felt it too.

 

 

Amber's POV

 

"Krystal-unnie!" Haru dropped down to the floor and hugged Krystal around the waist. "Come, Jessica-unnie is over there." Haru pulled both our arms and lead the way around tables.

I look at her, still in disbelief. Krystal is here, with me. I thought it'll take me a million chances just to get to see her again but in less than 24 hours, I'm here, with her, arms almost touching.

"Hi Krystal." I said happily. She laughed and I was in pure bliss.

"Hi Amber."

 

 

 

-----

omona! so, how was it?

 

Fun Fact: A yellow butterfly symblolizes "Hope"

Thank you readers and stay awesome. I hope you to like it.

 

(kryber <3)