Chapter 5

Feeling Foreign at a Funeral

Kyungsoo stretches as he stands in the kitchen looking around to decide where to start. He wants to possibly make some breakfast for Jongin and his family if they're home but he doesn't know what they have. He goes to the refrigerator and looks through the shelves from top to bottom to see if he can construct something from it. He feels two arms wrap around him from behind.

"Jongin?" Jongin confirms that it's him by placing an small kiss on Kyungsoo's neck where his face is buried.

"Jongin? You're being really affectionate today. How come?" Kyungsoo asks. He immediately feels Jongin tense up.

"You...you don't remember?" Jongin asks slowly removing himself from Kyungsoo.

"Remember what? Did something happen? By the way I'm sorry for falling asleep during the movie I picked. That wasn't good of me since I made you guys watch a kids movie," Kyungsoo apologizes. Jongin would tell him that's it's fine but he's speechless. This is exactly what he had feared when he made the decision to tell Kyungsoo about his feelings.

"I told you something, Kyungsoo," Jongin confesses, feeling like a hole is slowly forming in his chest. "Something important."

"Really? I'm sorry. I was really tired last night. What was it? Tell me now. I'm all ears," Kyungsoo invites Jongin to tell him again but Jongin feels nervous again. He almost feels sick. But then, he remembers that handy-dandy punishment he made for himself. He sighs aloud and remembers that he has to do it. The motivation is slowly returning and Jongin pretends to stretch which Kyungsoo giggles at.

"Kyungsoo, I like you. A lot. So go on a date with me," Jongin blurts. Kyungsoo laughs and Jongin feels like his insides are going to explode.

"You're commanding me this time?" Kyungsoo scolds Jongin and with that, Jongin realizes that Kyungsoo was acting this entire time. Although he could have appreciated the prank in any other situation, just a minute before Jongin felt like his heart was going to fall out of his chest from how nervous he was. He is suddenly overcome with relief with a hint of sadness for no apparent reason. This expresses itself by making Jongin's eyes well up with tears. Kyungsoo feels terrible about the prank he played now and he wants to comfort Jongin.

"Oh my gosh, don't cry. I'm sorry! I'm so sorry," Kyungsoo apologizes profusely while holding Jongin's face and wiping away the few tears that fell. Jongin feels beyond embarrassed that he's crying in front of Kyungsoo.

"I'm okay. I was just really scared so I was a little upset when it seemed like you didn't remember what I said to you last night. I was anxious that you might reject me this time around when last night was one of the happiest nights of my life so far," Jongin sniffles.

"Yah, Kim Jongin. You like me that much?" Kyungsoo inquires. Jongin could be nonchalant but that's not really his thing so he just nods. Honestly is the best policy, right?

"Good. I like you that much too," Kyungsoo admits before pulling Jongin's face down to his to kiss him in broad daylight as they should have. When their lips meet, Kyungsoo adjusts his hands to rest on Jongin's chest. Jongin places one arm around Kyungsoo's waist while bringing his other hand behind Kyungsoo's neck to pull him closer. Kyungsoo deepens the kiss across Jongin's bottom lip and Jongin's opens his lips willingly. Their tongues touch if for only a second before they are interrupted by Jongin's stomach growling loudly. Jongin pulls away but not before biting Kyungsoo's lower lip. They both seem to like biting and ruining each other's plump lips. They laugh when they pull away.

"Hungry?" Kyungsoo asks, patting Jongin's stomach. Jongin nods and grabs a hold of Kyungsoo's hand, kissing the back of it quickly. Kyungsoo turns away to look in the fridge as his face flushes. Jongin hugs him from behind just as he did before and instead of one kiss, places multiple pecks on Kyungsoo's neck and cheeks. Kyungsoo is laughing and trying to break from Jongin's hold but it seems he can't still.

"Seems like you two had fun last night, huh?" Andres clears his throat. Kyungsoo and Jongin look up with shocked expressions across their faces.

"How long have you been standing there? The whole time?" Jongin asks, panicking. Andres nods.

"I had to send Julia away."

"We didn't have that much fun. We just watched Happy Feet," Jongin explains.

"Your position says otherwise." Although they had turned to face Andres, Jongin still stood with his arms around Kyungsoo's waist and at his stepfther's words immmediately stepped away from Kyungsoo.

"Tiene que ser bueno para mi hijo. You have to be good to my son," Andres advises Kyungsoo in Spanish. Jongin just stands awkwardly next to Kyungsoo hoping that he wasn't punishing him or firing him as Julia's baby sitter.

"Por supuesto. Of course," Kyungsoo replies to Andres. Andres nods slowly trying to figure out a course of action.

"Why don't you two go upstairs and get dressed? I'll make breakfast." Before Kyungsoo can protest, Andres is shooing them away from the kitchen. Jongin leads Kyungsoo up the stairs by his hand. Once they are in Jongin's room, Kyungsoo is about to speak before there is a knock on the door.

"Come in," Jongin say. Andres pops his head in.

"Elian, your parents dropped off some clothes for you. I forgot to tell you." He holds out the small black duffel bag Kyungsoo recognizes as his own. Kyungsoo goes to retrieve it with a blush of embarrassment because of his parents.

"Gracias. Thank you," Kyungsoo mumbles as he takes the bag and Andres closes the door as he leaves. Kyungsoo stands for a second with his back facing Jongin.

"Don't say anything. Even I know this is embarrassing. Ugh, my parents are too much sometimes," Kyungsoo mutters. Kyungsoo feels familiar arms wrap around his waist and he relaxes into the embrace.

"Hey, it just means they think about you a lot and they worry about you. It's cute. I'm sorry for laughing before. I'm a little jealous honestly." Kyungsoo doesn't reply but turns in Jongin's arms to kiss him. When lips touch something rises in Kyungsoo's stomach, urging him to wrap his arms around Jongin's neck to pull him closer and push onto his lips even harder, but he pushes it down just as quickly as it came up and settles for a short, chaste kiss before pulling away. Kyungsoo hopes that his fellings were communicated through that simple but meaningful kiss.

"Let's get dressed," Kyungsoo suggests. He takes his bag and heads towards the bathroom to change while Jongin stays in his bedroom. Kyungsoo waves as he closes the door and Jongin makes his way to his closet to find something to wear. He wants to look good without making it seem as though he's trying too hard. He decides on a graphic tee with a cardigan and skinny jeans. Just as his shirt over his head, Kyungsoo opens the door to the bathroom. Jongin is a little bit shocked and gets stuck with his shirt over his head. Kyungsoo is blushing again because Jongin's entire torso is exposed and Jongin is making no move to cover himself.

"Could you help me with this? I'm stuck," Jongin speaks, though his voice is muffled by the cloth of the t-shirt currently stuck on his head. Kyungsoo approaches him slowly and reaches up to grab the end of the t-shirt, careful not to touch his body. Kyungsoo holds onto one of Jongin's arms to untangle the shirt and does the same thing for the other side. He will never admit but he stole a couple of glances at Jongin's abs while he had the chance. Finally, Jongin pulls down the hem of the shirt so that it sits properly and thanks Kyungsoo.

"You're welcome," Kyungsoo replies simply. Jongin smiles as he stares down at the shorter man.

"So I was thinking, where should we go for our first date?" Kyungsoo is surprised by the question and has nothing to say. He hadn't really thought about it much but since Jongin is worrying about it, maybe he should too.

"I don't really know, actually. What were you thinking?" Kyungsoo asks feeling like he is making Jongin do all the work. He pouts to himself in his mind if that's possible.

"Well, there's this really great cafe close to campus that we could go to. And then maybe we could go to the modern art museum and BS about the meanings of the art," Jongin puts forward hopefully.

"Art is nothing to BS about," Kyungsoo scolds sternly. Jongin pauses in shock and then splutters for words of apology.

"I'm kidding," Kyungsoo reassures Jongin with an arm on his shoulder. "I think that's a great idea." He laughs as Jongin's mouth falls open in awe at the fact that Kyungsoo had just pranked him.

"I'm not talking to you anymore." Jongin knows he sounds childish. He doesn't care. He just wants attention from Kyungsoo, and he'll get it.

"What? Jongin? Don't be a ." Jongin tries not to die laughing at such a foolish attempt at an insult. He simply keeps giving Kyungsoo the silent treatment.

"A kiss will make it better," Jongin finally gives in. Kyungsoo rolls his eyes and pecks him on the lips quickly thinking that Jongin will be satisfied. Wrong.

"Maybe just one more," Jongin coaxes. Kyungsoo leans in again, letting his lips stay on Jongin's for just a few seconds longer. He doesn't mind this challenge as much as he thought he would.

"Mm...the feeling's not right..." Jongin leans in himself this time and Kyungsoo meets him halfway. He knows that now Jongin is just fishing for some affection. Kyungsoo wraps his arms around Jongin's neck this time. Jongin wraps one of his arms around Kyungsoo's waist as their foreheads meet once they pull away. They stare into each other's eyes for what felt like a whole minute when it was really a few seconds.

"Kiss me like you mean it." Kyungsoo takes Jongin's command in stride and buries his fingers in Jongin's hair before pulling him in. Kyungsoo works quickly. Kyungsoo's tongue slides into his mouth if for only a second and ends it with a peck on Jongin's lips before pulling away completely, removing himself from where he was pressed against Jongin's chest.

"Gosh, I could kiss you for days," Kyungsoo confesses to himself though Jongin could hear. Kyungsoo pats his cheek and holds his hand as he leads him downstairs to the dining room. Jongin is still in a bit of a daze from the feeling of Kyungsoo's lips on his. He can still taste him on his tongue. Jongin internally scolds himself for being a ert but he's too distracted to take it seriously.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry that it's so short, I will upload another part tomorrow! I'm just falling asleep right now...:( See you tomorrow then,