Little Things

Colour
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

+author's notes: Just a little drabble in celebration of 7 July AKA One Of These Nights. Let's hope RV makes a comeback soon because I am dying TT This is featuring Taeyeon, who always needs more love so please listen to her solo album, Why :) This was written on a whim btw. (And not proofread either lol) Inspired by bubbleflexe's fmv of Wendy-Taeyeon moments here.

///

It feels like déjà vu to Taeyeon when she notices intertwined fingers and intimate gazes. (She is instantly back to a time when she herself had her fingers intertwined with someone else’s, had caught the intense stare of a particular someone.) So when she sees more than mere hand-holding and more than exchanged looks, she merely smiles.

She has always been particularly near-sighted. All her members know that she focuses on the minute things too much and forgets the big picture. Perhaps that is why she notices.

Hands naturally finding their way to each other. A thumb brushing against the back of a hand. A smile far too genuine and sincere. Eyes twinkling like stars.

Taeyeon knows it is not the strobe lights that are dancing against skin, but fingertips instead. It is not the cheers from the sea of fans they hear, but hushed whispers instead. It is also not the ocean of colours they see, but eyes just as deep.

She knows that she is something far beyond friendship.

It seems like the people she has been watching feel the pressure of her gaze, because they turn around in unison – it might be a mere coincidence, or telepathy. The younger of the two grins widely upon noticing Taeyeon, but instead of letting go and bouncing her way to Taeyeon, she chooses to drag the other girl together with her. The other girl stumbles a little, but regains her footing after the younger one slows down to match their paces. It’s something very small, something that could go unseen or dismissed, but Taeyeon doesn’t miss it.

“Taeyeon unnie!”

Taeyeon smiles affectionately – she doesn’t even need to fake this one.

“Wendy! Are you enjoying the concert?” she asks before turning to the other girl, “Hi, Irene. It’s good to see you again. Hope you’re enjoying the atmosphere so far.”

Each time she sees these two girls, she feels a certain urge to protect them, especially since she is their sunbae and unnie. They look young (Wendy might disag

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter