Chapter 2

1000 Year Sword

During the Joseon era in, South Korea; spirits ran amuck causing destruction everywhere. Most of the spirits weren’t all bad some even dedicated themselves to protecting humans, but with every good bunch of apples there are always those that are rotten and sour. Amongst the good spirits there was a young fox spirit that was named Kyuro. She had crimson ears and a crimson tail that was tipped with white. Now Kyuro was one of the youngest spirits during the Joseon era but was also one of the most wanted by hunters. When Kyuro was ten, she accidently wandered off and found a house that was actually the main head quarters of a hunter group; she didn’t know that at the time and accidently set it on fire with her fox fire. Ever since that day she has been hunted down by many hunter groups but luckily she always managed to escape just at the right time.

Now at the age of twenty three, Kyuro still continues to run for her life. One day she was hiding out in a hidden cave and she heard travelers passing by and decided to listen to what they were talking about, so she scooted closer to the cave’s opening.

“Did you hear about the hunters in town?” the first traveler spoke which Kyuro assumed was a girl since she had a high pitched sounding voice. “Yeah I did, wander what they’re after?” the second traveler spoke which Kyuro came to the conclusion that both travelers where girls. “I don’t know but I over heard someone say that the leader had some special sword “the first traveler spoke.  “Special sword? What do you mean a special sword?” the second traveler spoke clearly confused by what her friend had said. “Yeah I heard that the sword is cursed and if, say, a spirit where to use the sword the sword would curse said spirit and make it mortal.” The first traveler said happily, “Curse a spirit and make it mortal huh” Kyuro whispered as she continued to listen to the two girl travelers speak. “Well I’m glad we aren’t spirits!” the second girl smiled and hugged her friend then they both continued to walk away. Kyuro waited till they were gone before coming out of the cave, “So there’s a way for me to be mortal after all” Kyuro said aloud staring at the direction the girls had left.