The Reunion

I So Love My Dreams

There seems to be some competition between Jin Gook and K, both inside and outside of Korea. But then, fate brought them back to collaborate on a certain music video (Jin Gook's song).

Jin Gook and Sam Dong exchanged high fives, much to the astonishment of their respective staff. Jin Gook explained to them that they were high school classmates at Kirin Art School.

****************

"We have decided to include Jason, Hye Mi, or Kim Pil Suk in the video," the director of the video said to Sam Dong. "But the problem is, we don't know where Pil Suk-ssi is working."

Jin Gook smiled. "I will find a way to find her."

Sam Dong looked at Jin Gook. Somehow, he had a feeling that this will all go back to Hye Mi.

***************

Sam Dong called Hye Mi, and she met him at a restaurant. She invited her to her house, where she cooked a feast.

"Wow, it really must be for me," Sam Dong said.

"Ne," Hye Mi said. "I have been wanting to save and travel to America to see you, but fate brought you back here."

Sam Dong did not tell her that he had a collaboration with Jin Gook.

"We can catch up with one another," Sam Dong said.

*********

Hye Mi and Sam Dong were having a fun time catching up when Hye Seong came, feeling very tired. When she saw the famous artist, she ran to the kitchen and greeted Sam Dong.

"Sam Dong-oppa!" she said happily.

Sam Dong retrieved something from his bag, and produced a Victoria's Secret perfume. The dongsaeng was totally excited and received the gift graciously.

"Eonni never gave me these kind of gifts," Hye Seong reported to Sam Dong.

"Ya! Isn't the house even better?" Hye Mi shot back at her sister's ingratitude.

Hye Seong smiled at her dear eonni and hugged her.

"Of course, I totally like the house. Gamsahamnida," she said.

A pen and paper was placed in front of Sam Dong.

"What are these for?" he asked.

"For autograph," Hye Seong replied slyly. "But of course, I have no plans of showing them off to my classmates."

The two Kirin graduates smiled at her.

"Are you not pressured that you are Hye Mi-ya's sister?" Sam Dong asked.

"Anio. I am totally confident that I will pass with flying colors," Hye Seong said.

She knew that even if she was still in the first year, she had already showed some impression. And it is not only because she is Hye Mi's little sister. Impressions about her? She was breaking rules harmlessly like bringing posters and being the center of noisy attention (and it all goes back to the fact that it is because she is, indeed, Hye Mi's sister).

Sam Dong laughed. "You are too confident, but keep it up."

*********************

Pil Suk was in her apartment entertaining Jason when his phone rang. He went outside the answer the call. It was his manager, and the person on the other line was asking him if he could please tell where Pil Suk is working. Jason showed a worried look on his face, and looked inside.

"Waeyo?" he asked.

The manager told him that if he was THAT worried, he and Pil Suk needed to meet the manager for more information.

*****

Pil Suk was getting more nervous. People had seen her to be very slim, but with meeting important people from the music industry, what will become of her?

Jason noted the apprehension painted on her face.

"Gwaenchanha?" he asked as he squeezed her hand lovingly.

Pil Suk looked at him and explained to him her worry. He was the only person she could share her problems, as there was no more Hye Mi to give her advices. Jason smiled at her and reassured her that she will do fine.

Finally, they met his manager, and they all went to sit down. The manager told them that he had a meeting with Jin Gook and K's managers, and that they were finding someone to do the cameo in the upcoming music video. Pil Suk's face fell. She did not want people to see her fat body again.

"What or who exactly do they want in the vid?" Jason asked.

"A friend," the manager replied.

The lovers looked at each other, and at the manager.

"That is so broad!" Jason exclaimed.

"If I go on shooting, no one will be left to take care of my day care center," Pil Suk shared her other worry.

The manager scratched his head. The other managers had been wanting either the two of them or Hye Mi to join in the video. However they were pushing for Pil Suk the most.

"Eotteohke...?" Pil Suk asked again.

Jason smiled back at her as he held her hand. "Don't worry, I will be here for you."

Pil Suk smiled. She was really clinging to his words even if she knew the world of show business is really harsh and unforgiving when it comes to physical appearance.

*******************

The day of the shooting came.

Pil Suk was convinced that she could do this. When she checked herself on the weighing scale, she was not as fat as she was when she started studying at Kirin.

"Annyeong haseyo," everybody greeted one another.

Jin Gook and Sam Dong met Pil Suk and Jason, and the four of them exchanged pleasantries. Of course, Pil Suk did not forget how it felt to be in the videos, as she had done a lot of videos in the past. It made her miss her showbiz career which she left for more than a year.

"I feel uncomfortable seeing myself fat again," Pil Suk said.

"You still look fine to me," Jin Gook said to her, and Sam Dong had to agree.

Jason's manager came to them and profusely thanked Jin Gook for his help. Anyhow, the stylists and the staff set to work. Pil Suk was worried again, but it turned out that when she got out of the parlor, she was dazzling. Even with her large proportions, the stylist made sure that she looked ritzy and glamorous instead--compensation, that is. Jason had to smile at his girlfriend for transforming into a diva.

"See? I told you that you will be all right," Jason told her.

Pil Suk smiled and hugged him. "Gomawo... Jeongmal gomawo...."

The director instructed his casts to go back to their positions, and Jason had to watch the filming.