Unbreak My Heart

I So Love My Dreams

Jin Gook decided to visit Kirin (in disguise) so that he could have a courtesy call. When he got in the campus, he knocked at the director's office, and a male voice called out to him to come in. When he got in, it was Kang-seonsaengnim.

"Annyeong haseyo?" Jin Gook greeted his former teacher with a deep bow.

Kang Oh Hyuk smiled at his former misfit student and invited him to sit down on the couch.

"Do you want some coffee or tea?" Oh Hyuk offered.

"Keopi jom juseyo (Coffee please)," Jin Gook politely said.

He waited as Oh Hyuk came with the preferred beverage. As they sat down to business, Oh Hyuk asked Jin Gook what brought him to school. Just as Jin Gook was about to reply, Director Kang (Shi) Kyung Jin entered. She was totally surprised to see a former student and a famous singer in school. Husband and wife made sure that their guest will be taken cared of comfortably.

"I am very much obliged to your kindness," Jin Gook said as he bowed before his former teachers.

"Omo, do you want me to tour you around?" Director Kang offered, and the guest nodded in agreement.

So, the two of them left Oh Hyuk in the office to do some of the other paper works.

***************

Jin Gook did not tell the director about the collaboration, and he thought he had to tell her only when the video is to be released. Director Kang happily toured him around, including the dance room where Baek Hee was teaching the students.

"So you see, Baek Hee was taking my place," Director Kang said enthusiastically.

Jin Gook looked at her and asked. "Did she gave up her dream of performing?"

The director shrugged her shoulders.

"I asked her that question when she applied. She said that although she loves performing, teaching is a more stable job."

The superstar could not help but smile. Baek Hee was indeed very shrewd. Perhaps, Pil Suk herself was getting shrewd too, by setting up her own school.

"I guess it can't  be helped," Director Kang said.

One of the students recognized Jin Gook beyond his disguise, and she shrieked in ecstasy. Baek Hee had to scold her students, but they were totally running out the door and flocking around Jin Gook for his attention.

"Students, please calm down!" the director ordered.

The students behaved, but exchanged mischievous glances. They started falling in line, and asking for Jin Gook's autograph. All of them also had a chance for a once-in-a-lifetime photo opp with the star.

"Kids," Director Kang smirked as she rolled her eyeballs.

Baek Hee was too conscious to come out when she saw Jin Gook. She pressed her clothes to get rid of any creases, and she fixed her hair so that she will look presentable. Finally, when she came out, one of the students bragged.

"Yoon-seonsaengnim, we have Jin Gook-oppa's photos," Serri said to her.

Baek Hee blushed and smiled politely at Jin Gook, who also bowed politely at her. The students exchanged more mischievous glances as they pushed their teacher next to the star.

"Omo!" the director exclaimed, as she was almost pushed out of the way.

However, one student was not happy. Hye Seong, of course. She watched at her teacher jealously as they exchanged pleasantries outside the dance room. In order to gain his attention, she skipped up to him and piped out.

"Annyeong haseyo, Oppa," she said.

Jin Gook smiled as he ruffled her hair. Hye Seong pouted as she fixed her hair.

"Ya! You don't have to make me into a Go Mi Nam," she shot at him, referring to a character in a K-drama.

"I can be your Shin Woo-hyung anytime," Jin Gook .

The other students jabbed at her enviously and tried to gain his attention too. Being a cool star, he continued interacting with his fans. Director Kang instructed the students to get back in the room, and the students grudgingly obliged.

"Well, I guess the former Group K members can have some time to catch up," Director Kang said.

"Ah, ne, but I will still have classes after this," Baek Hee said. "Jin Gook won't  mind if I bring him as a special guest to my next class, will he?"

Jin Gook felt a bit uncomfortable. Baek Hee was being a bit pushy, and he was really looking for Hye Mi. Yet, he smiled at her and nodded.

"Well, that settles it," the director said before leaving the two.

"Oh, I will tell my students to get ready for the next class," Baek Hee said as she checked her watch.

**********

The students were all excited when they heard that Baek Hee invited Jin Gook for their next class.

"This is sooo gonna be romantic!" one student said.

"Ah... Just seeing Jin Gook-oppa makes me melt," Ga Eun said.

One of the other students turned to Hye Seong.

"Hye Seong-ah, did you not say before that Jin Gook-oppa was friends with Hye Mi-eonni?"

Hye Seong felt uncomfortable answering their questions.

"Ne. But details of that are totally top secret," she smirked.

"Hye Seong-ah...." the students begged.

Of course, it was totally top secret. She, however, realized that she did not like the idea of Jin Gook being fancied by her teacher. She also did not like the idea that perhaps, the singer came in the school to look for Hye Mi. And isn't Hye Mi supposed to be living happily ever after with Sam Dong?

"Now I'm getting jealous at my own eonni!" she fumed to herself.

All of them got ready for the next class.

******************

"All right, as you know, since this is a rare opportunity, we will have Jin Gook-ssi give us some talks or even sing for us," Baek Hee told her students.

She gave the floor to Jin Gook, who sat at the piano. The students were all attentive while listening to him, and the girls would occasionally heaved sighs of wonder. Jin Gook-oppa is so hot and totally adorable! The guys also listened, hoping to gain some points on how to be a famous star with the hope of getting girl fans.

Finally, Jin Gook got a guitar from the corner, and played some of his latest songs. The students waved their hands and were lost in ecstasy.

*****************

After classes, it was time for lunch. Hye Seong was about to approach Jin Gook when Baek Hee approached him first. The student hid near a wall post and spied enviously.

"Jin Gook-ah, are you free this lunch time?" she asked.

Jin Gook nodded his head and said that his appointments were all rescheduled this afternoon.

"Geureomyeon, may I invite you for lunch?" Baek Hee offered shyly.

Jin Gook nodded, and allowed her to lead the way. As they walked, they exchanged phone numbers so that they can have some contact.

********

Baek Hee treated him to a classy restaurant, as he so deserved. Of course, he was disguised so that no one will recognize Miss K's date. Over lunch, Jin Gook asked.

"Do you know that Song Sam Dong is here in Korea?" he related.

"Jinjja? Oh, that would be nice too if I could see him," Baek Hee gushed. "I occasionally see Jason and Pil Suk when I do the grocery."

Jin Gook smiled. Of course, he still sees Jason even if the latter had transferred to another agency. He only saw Pil Suk during the MV shooting. That leaves him wondering about Hye Mi.

"About Hye Mi, I saw her last during her 100th concert," Jin Gook said. "Do you know where she lives?"

Of course, she knew, as she and Hye Mi resumed being friends. But talking about Hye Mi while dealing with her own feelings was a major no-no.

"Uh...ani...uh, ye..." she said, unable to tell a lie.

She could lie to him if she wanted to, as she felt that she still have feelings for him. But the fact that Jin Gook saved her life made her feel indebted to him, so she felt that she should tell him the truth, even if it hurts. She got a pen and some paper, and she jotted down the address.

"I can go with you if you like," she offered.

He thought that it was not a bad idea after all. She could visit her friend anytime, and it would be beneficial to bring him along so that she will have the image of the good girl (but not the Hye Mi-pa girl).

When they exited the restaurant, Jin Gook offered to take her back to school, being the occasional gentleman that he was, but she declined. She stood next to him and gave him a peck on his cheeks.

"Thanks for accompanying me for lunch," she said.

They waved at each other as she crossed the street. When she was gone, he placed a hand on his cheeks. Hye Seong was the one who did that twice, and now, Baek Hee.

"Mianhae, Baek Hee-ya..." he said sadly.

****************

In the faculty room, Baek Hee proceeded to her table when Maeng-seonsaengnim saw her looking a bit low.

"Gwaenchanhseumnikka?" she asked.

Baek Hee looked at her former teacher and colleague, and smiled at her sadly.

"Gwaenchanhseumnida, Maeng-seonsaeng," she lied.

As she checked her students' paper works, she could not help but feel her chest tighten. She was still so much in love with Jin Gook, and hearing him ask for Hye Mi's whereabouts made her realize that perhaps, he was also still in love with her too.

"Unbreak my heart, Jin Gook-ah..." she thought as a tear dropped from her eye.