--

Ephemeral Happiness

He was an orphan, he was the lonely one in the orphanage until a new kid came and befriended him. He tried to ignore the other kid but in the end, they became friends.. bestfriends..

 

 

They stayed the same until it was only their last year on the orphanage before it lets them free since they’ll be legal soon enough but he found out the orphanage’s secret..

 

 

He was terrified as he saw the corpses of the other teenagers who was about to be free for the past few years, they were having stab wounds, dismembered heads, and was cut into pieces. He found out that the orphanage was getting every 17 years old teenager to experiment their bodies. He knew that he was the next along with his friend..

 

 

But no.. the owner of the orphanage caught him looking at the orphanage’s secret.

 

“Listen,kid. I’m not going to hurt you, I don’t have any intention on hurting you,okay? The other orphanage is getting the kids out of here since there’s a new one and I will have my last victim next week.”,the owner stated,“You’re my favorite orphan and I would never do such thing to you.”.

 

“But why are you doing this to other kids?”,he asked.

 

“Because they’re annoying kids that will do nothing better in the future. And the experiment is for the kids too. I was lobotomizing them so that they could be better people but they didn’t survived.”, the owner stated,“You understand that what I‘m doing is for the better,right?”

 

To be honest, he was disgusted but he nodded. 

 

“Who will be your next target?”,he asked.

 

“That kid who likes to bother you and do pranks.”,the owner said,“Keep on interacting with him and next week, he won’t be bothering you anymore.”

 

 

He nodded before getting out and going to his friend..

 

 

He looked at him whom was still asleep, he didn‘t even realized that he was already crying. His friend was peacefully asleep. His friend wasn’t ‘bothering’ him, he was making him happy. After being left by his parents, his friend was the only one who made him happy. He was dead inside but his friend revived his happy self.. and he made him fall in love.

 

 

He was inlove with his bestfriend, and knowing that he was the owner’s next target isn’t a good news for him. He will protect him.. he will save his bestfriend. Days passed and they were still like that, they laughed and talked a lot but he was really scared cause his friend might be lobotomized anytime. It was their last night at the orphanage when they were at their room.

 

 

“You know what? I really wanted to say this a long time ago.”,his friend stated and held his hand,“I was scared because it might risk our friendship.. but I really like—no, love you. I love you.”

 

He smiled at his friends’ confession and was about to speak when the door opened and the owner was already looking at his friend.

 

 

“Sorry to ruin your confession,kid but you have to accept the truth that he doesn‘t like you. He hated being with you and he hated your existence. Now, come here.”,the owner stated,“I will just lobotomize you, I’ll make you a better person. Trust me.”

 

 

He smirked, his friend was trembling in fear as he saw the scalpel in the owner’s hands and looked at him who was just smirking.

 

“You see, your friend already knew what will happen to you and he even agreed on teaming up with me so there’s no way out.”,the owner said.

 

 

His friend looked at him with disbelief in his eyes. The owner was about to stab his friend when he kicked the owner before holding his friend’s hand and running away.

 

 

“You can't escape!”,the owner stated before laughing,“I will burn this orphanage with the two of you!”

 

 

 

What the owner said was true, the orphanage was already in flames as they were trying to find a safe way out of it until they came into a dead end with a window in it. 

 

 

“The window is our only way out, go.”,he stated.

 

“But what about you? I can‘t leave you here!”,his friend said as he shook his head,“I just confessed to you and I won’t leave you! I love you,understand!?”

 

 

He sighed as he clenched his fists before looking at his friend, he wast trying his best not to cry in front of him. But his bestfriend was already crying..

 

“Let me tell you the truth.. it’s my turn to confess now. The truth is I love you too, and your confession a while ago made me so happy but.. the owner was really going to kill you. I won't let that happen.. please go now.”

 

“I-I won’t.”,his friend cried.

 

He looked away before he tip-toed and kissed his bestfriend’s forehead and wiped his tears.

 

 

“Stop crying, don’t cry.. I won’t leave you, I promise. I’ll always be with you. I love you too,okay? You still needed to live.. you wanted to perform,right? You love music,right? Your dream is to be a great performer.. then achieve it for me.”,he stated as he  kissed his bestfriend in his lips.

 

 

“Thank you for making me feel this way.. it might not last that long but.. ephemeral happiness is enough than suffering ‘til my last breath.”,he said as he pushed his friend from the window.

 

The last thing that his friend saw was the owner behind him and points a gun. And the last thing he heard was a gunshot and a piercing scream.

 

------

 

Soonyoung woke up and he was crying, he looked at the whole place. It was his room.. his room in his foster parents’ house. The dream was too realistic for him..

 

 

“Hey,Soonyoung! Are you okay?”,his bestfriend,Jihoon asked him.

 

 

His heart beats faster as he saw his hyung.. his bestfriend... and the one he loves and hugged him tightly.

 

 

“Hey! Hey! Cut it out! I can’t breathe!”,Jihoon protested.

 

“I-I thought you left me!”,Soonyoung cried.

 

 

“What are you talking about?”,Jihoon looked at him with disbelief,“I‘m still here,duh.”

 

“We were bestfriends since we’re in the orphanage then I confessed to you and the owner wanted to kill me but you saved me and died inside the orphanage as it was in flames! You even said that you love me too! I was so scared! I thought that it was real!”,Soonyoung said as he was wiping his tears,“I was so afraid.. I don’t want to lose you”

 

 

 

Jihoon looked away before looking at him with sadness in his eyes. Soonyoung noticed Jihoon’s expression.

 

 

 

“What’s the matter?”,Soonyoung asked.

 

 

 

The door suddenly opened and she found his mother, the girl who adopted him looking at Soonyoung with worried eyes.

 

 

 

“Hun, are you okay? Are you having your panic attack again?”,his mother ssked

 

“Mom, Jihoon’s here. Don‘t just open the door suddenly!”,he stated.

 

His mom looked around,“There’s no one here,Soonyoung.”

 

“Jihoon’s here! My bestfriend in the orphanage!”,Soonyoung cried and tried to look everywhere but there was no sign of Jihoon,“Wait, where's Jihoon hyung? He’s here  a while ago! Where is he!? Did he left me!? No! He can’t leave me!”

 

 

His mom suddenly started to cry as she hugged Soonyoung which made the kid wonder why his mom cried. His mom cupped his cheeks as she shook her head.

 

 

 

“Accept the truth, Soonyoung. Dear.. stop this.”,his mom pleaded,“Jihoon died a long time ago...”

 

“What?”,he asked.

 

 

“It’s been three years since you were found unconcious outside a burning orphanage. They found two corpses who just died inside, one with a stab wound was the owner of the orphanage and the second one whom was shot in the chest was your bestfriend.. it was Jihoon.”

 

 

 

Soonyoung doesn’t know what to feel or to say, his tears just started streaming from his face once again. The memories were shown to him once again, his moments with Jihoon whom was always silent and cold, Jihoon’s tiny figure whom was the reason why Jihoon was often bullied, Jihoon’s eyesmiles and scoffs, all of the memories are coming back to him once again.

 

 

 

 

It wasn’t a dream. It was a flashback of what happened in the orphanage..

 

 

 

 

 

Jihoon really left him. He just cried while hugging his mother.

 

 

 

 

“Thank you for making me feel this way.. it might not last that long but.. ephemeral happiness is

enough than suffering ‘til my last breath.”

 

---

Sorry for ending this like this 

o 3 o//  I really wanted to write a fluffy HoshixWoozi but I can’t ;;~;;

150608