The One Where Bobby Falters

Turn Off The Lights
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Jiwon tried to be a good person, but he knew he was no saint.

If the situation called for it he could be downright vicious, but in his everyday life it was easy to show affection and care for others, even those he just met. That friendliness hadn’t yet caused him problems… yet.

Bobby rotated his neck and lifted a hand to massage the muscles at the back of his neck. He let out a sigh and looked around the hall as he let his hand drop.

He was at the main YG building, without the rest of the members, for a meeting with some of the management. They had called him because he had gotten a solo endorsement for Sprite and had some activities planned for Show Me the Money 4.

Bobby was excited for the opportunities and looking forward to performing again, but he was dead tired.

Jinhwan and he had been in the studio late at night with Hanbin, only to be pushed out with Hanbin’s promise that he would be following his hyungs shortly. Bobby had wanted to stay with Hanbin, but Jinhwan looked like he was five minutes from passing out and Bobby knew that if he insisted on staying, Jinhwan would too. So Bobby and Jinhwan left and with Hanbin’s promise on his mind he had fallen to sleep as soon as his head had touched the pillow. Waking up the next morning he saw that Hanbin’s bed remained untouched.

Bobby had merely sighed, not surprised. It was easy to see that that Hanbin had stayed at the studio overnight again. Bobby planned to head over to the training building as soon as he was done here. He was either going to drag Hanbin home or offer to help.

Though he was tired, Bobby grinned to the beat of the music coming out of his earbuds. Their debut song was a killer. He ended up doing a weird dance shuffle in excitement as he made his way down the hall.

Everything was so exciting now that he found it hard to contain himself sometimes.

He was so focused on his dance, that Bobby didn’t notice the girl coming around the corner until he had knocked her right off her feet.

Immediately, Bobby crouched down and with worry echoing in his voice, asked, “Are you okay? I’m so sorry I didn’t see you.”

She smiled at him, and his breath caught in his throat. Pretty. She answered him in a low melodious voice, “I’m okay. Don’t worry about it. I wasn’t watching where I’m going either.”

Bobby help her up and ask curiously, “I haven’t see you around. Are you new here?”

“It’s my first day. I just signed the papers to start as a trainee,” she smiled at him again, but Bobby could see the nerves underneath the smile.

Bobby hesitated, Hanbin might need help, but he could clearly remember his first day here and how daunting and unsure everything was when you were just starting. He was lucky Jinhwan Hyung and Hanbiniee had already been there and helped him adjust.

But this girl was her alone…

Hanbin-ah would understand.

Bobby introduced himself and asked if he could give her a short tour. He noted the relieved glint in her eyes and knew he did the right thing. She would probably be happy to be around someone around her own age and not an older administrator. She introduced herself and he gestured that they should start, while stealing a glance at her.

Han Hyojoo… Pretty.

“Hyojoo Noona?” Bobby called out as he got closer to the practice rooms.

The girl looked up from where she was wringing her hands outside iKON’s practice room, “Oh, Bobby, hi….”

Bobby noted the distracted and worried look she had, “What is wrong?”

“Nothing… just…” she trailed off and glanced at the door to the practice room. Hyojoo grimaced and looked away from the door.

Following her gaze, realization of the problem dawned quickly, “Is it Hanbiniee? Are you having a problem with him?”

“It’s fine, we’re fine… I just don’t know if…”

Bobby laid a comforting hand on her arm, “You had your first session with him yesterday right? I know he can get… intense, while practicing, but he just wants everything to be perfect. You can’t take it personally.”

“You can say that easily… it’s not like you’ve been yelled at for forgetting the moves!” Hyojoo retored.

Bobby laughed out loud, long and hard. She stared at him blankly, until he quieted down enough to say, “Noona, we’ve been together for five years… of course I’ve been yelled at. Countless time.”

She caught her bottom lip between her teeth, “Doesn’t that bother you?”

Bobby shrugged, “It’s not fun, of course, but it’s not the end of the world. Hanbin-ah doesn’t make it personal.”

Bobby gave her arm a comforting rub, “Just relax and try your best, and if you need help, I’m always here.”

She smiled up at him, “Thanks Bobby, it’s nice to know that you’ll be here for me.”

Bobby smiled down at her, “Hanbin-ah is great, once you get to know him better you’ll see…”

Bobby took a deep breath as he walked back to the trainee building, inhaling the cool breeze, and enjoying the nice evening. He was riding the high he still felt from their first win and felt like he could do anything.

He was walking from the corner store back to the building where Hanbin was with Hyojoo. The car hadn’t even twenty feet when he told manager Hyung to stop. On the night of their first win he didn’t want Hanbin to be alone, practicing even more. It wasn’t right. So he decided he would keep them company.

But first he wanted to corner shop to get some energy drinks for them all. There was no telling how long it would take Hanbin and Hyojoo to perfect the revised routine, at least to Hanbin’s standards.

He reached the practice room, and paused with his head on the door. Cocking his head, his brow furrowed and he listened more intently.

Weird.

Why wasn’t there any music coming out? Shouldn’t they be practicing? Maybe they went somewhere else?

Silently, he opened the door, half expecting the room to be empty.

But it wasn’t.

Oh, he though, that’s something new.

The eternally single man was kissing the new trainee.

Making a quick decision he quietly pulled the door shut again and left them alone.

Hours later, near dawn, he was sitting on the couch, flipping absently through the channels of the TV, when Hanbin came home.

Bobby studied his friend and noted the flushed cheeks, swollen lips, and giddiness in the eyes.

“Kimbap?” Hanbin said quietly, obviously surprised to see him awake, “why aren’t you sleeping? It’s almost 6:30 in the morning, and out schedules start in a few hours.”

Bobby shrugged, “I couldn’t sleep, I must have been too wired off our win.”

Hanbin nodded and threw himself onto the couch next to Bobby, linking their arms and snuggling closer. “I’m so tired Hyung.”

“Did you finish? Everything is ready with the adjustments?”

He could feel the curve of Hanbin’s lips against his arm as he smiled, “it’s perfect Hyung. The live routine will looking so much better on stage now.”

“Hyojoo Noona practiced well?”

“Perfect.”

Bobby waited for Hanbin to tell him about their kiss, but Hanbin stayed silent, and dozed lightly against his arm.

Hanbin pulled himself up to take a shower a few minutes later and Bobby turned off the TV. His teeth worried his bottom lip and he wondered why Hanbin was keeping this from him.

Bobby sighed and tilted his head back to rest against the couch, ignoring the uneasiness that had developed as soon as he saw Hanbin kissing Hyojoo in practice room.

Bobby and Jinhwan walked down the hall together, they were going to find some food before joining Hanbin in the practice room. Hanbin had

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter