When the Truth Comes Out

What Happened When I Returned
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When the Truth Comes Out

            We waited until Donghae left to go work out with Eunhyuk and Kangin before saying anything about it.  Because honestly, neither of us knew what the hell to say.  We were both astounded by what Donghae had said at breakfast, which was practically lunch, it was so late. 

            Kyuhyun sat at the table and looked up at me, perplexed.  “He thought we were…”

            “Playing a video game,” I confirmed.

            “What the hell?  Really?  When was the last time he got laid?”

            I shrugged my shoulders, gathering up the dirty dishes and stacking them on the counter. 

            “How could anybody confuse the two?  He’s heard me play video games before.  Personally, I don’t think I sound the same.  Ryeong, do I sound the same playing video games as I do when I’m making love to you?”

            I laughed at this.  “I guess I’ve never thought about it, but I don’t think so.  But either way, you kind of have a dirty mouth.”

            “You’re worse,” he informed me.

            Kyuhyun got up and started putting away the milk and fish sauce.  Then he began to put away the leftover food.  He was accustomed to helping me out in the kitchen at this point and I always enjoyed working with him, even on simple, domestic things like dishes.  I kind of wish we had the chance to do things like that more often than we did, actually.  It was rare for us to do housework together when we lived on two separate floors, but I enjoyed spending extra time with Kyuhyun, even if it was when we were working.  Sometimes that was the only time I really saw him.

            “So, if ing in the other room isn’t going to work, what the hell will?” he questioned.  “Do we have to do it right in front of them?”

            “I hope not!” I said, smiling over at him.  “And I’m a little disappointed.  I was kind of banking on Donghae figuring it out because even if we told him to keep it a secret, he would have accidentally spilled it to half the members by the end of the week.”

            Kyuhyun nodded.  “True.  You can’t tell him anything, which is the number one reason I’ve never bothered coming up here before.  Now I wonder why the hell I was so worried, since he’s determined to think that nothing’s going on.”

            “Kyu, he thinks we’re just friends.  Of course he’s going to come to the wrong conclusion,” I reminded him.  “We’ve given him no other reason to think that we’re a couple.”

            “Really?” Kyuhyun questioned.  “None.”

            I shook my head.

            “You don’t think that me preferring to work with you on projects over any other member every time I get the choice isn’t a strong hint?  You don’t think that you mentioning me on Sukira every other day—and in some rather questionable ways—isn’t a clue?  You don’t think that us wanting to vacation together every year isn’t somewhat suspicious?  How about the fact you sleep over all the time?  Even on the road when we’re allowed to sleep in our own rooms, we still room together.  That isn’t making him or any of the others wonder?  Not a little?”

            “We’ve had some very good excuses for those times in the hotels though.  There was that time you invented the ghosts in the room.  Then the time you clogged the toilet.  And the other one where you put a rotten egg in my room.  And the time you flooded one.”

            “And the fact that something weird always happens to one of our rooms isn’t suspicious?”

            “Well…” I said, grinning.  “Perhaps.”

            “You know, if we’re being honest with ourselves, we’re not that good at deceiving them.  It’s been a long time.  Two years.  They really should have figured it out by now.  Which can only mean one of two things.”

            “What?” I asked.

            “Either they’re all in serious denial like Donghae is or they know about us and they’re just waiting for us to admit to it,” he said.

            “They can’t all be as dense as Donghae.”

            “Some of the members don’t see us much.  Yesung’s been gone for two years.  Siwon only comes around for concerts.  Shindong’s not around the dorms much and isn’t part of SJM.  And Donghae probably really is this clueless…but the other hyungs.  They can’t all be.  Could they?” he questioned.

            I took a deep breath and let it out.  Leeteuk, Heechul, Kangin, and Zhoumi.  And Eunhyuk!  Of all people, Eunhyuk must know.  He had to!  Of all people, he was around us the most.  He should be the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter