What the Hell Happened

What Happened When I Returned
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

What the Hell Happened

            Eunhyuk came up to me later that night, smiling wickedly.  “Kyu-ah, you know what I think?  I think you and I should go out and have a few beers tonight.  What do you think?”

            “Sounds great!” I said, glancing over from my computer.

            “Maybe you should invite Wook with too.  I’ll see what Hae is doing,” he said.

            “You can invite Donghae if you want, but can we skip inviting Wook?  I just saw him all last weekend and we’re going to be stuck together in Kobe for several days coming up here.  I need a day or two break from him,” I told Eunhyuk.

            I don’t think I’ve seen the smile wipe off his face so fast since he was told Choco had to be put down.  Part of me wanted to reassure him that I wasn’t actually sick of Ryeowook and the other was determined to get him back for making me miss out on seeing my beloved boyfriend for nearly a month.  I’d like to show him what it’s ing like.  The closest I could come would be keeping him away from Donghae, but the military will be taking care of that for me soon enough anyway.  He’ll learn what it’s like not to have the one you like most around for a long stretch soon enough.

            “You understand, right?  I’m sure you get tired of seeing Hae every day.”

            I had a little trouble not laughing.  Eunhyuk never grows tired of seeing Donghae, just as I never get tired of seeing Ryeowook.  In fact, I never see Ryeowook as much as I want to, which made the absence even harder on me.  So I’m determined to punish him.  I’m never letting him do this to me again.  He’s going to learn a lesson.

            “Ah…yeah…sure I do.”

            “I figured,” I said, grinning to myself as I went back to my game.  “Let me know what time you two want to leave.”

 

            I dialed Yesung’s number and he picked up almost immediately.  “Wook!  What’s up?”

            “Sungie!  I was wondering what you’re doing later tonight when I get finished with Sukira.  Maybe you’d like to watch movies with me like you mentioned before,” I suggested.  “I can bring over some snacks.  Or would you rather come to the dorms?”

            There was a long silence.  “Perhaps I ought to come there.”

            “Great!  Should we say about one in the morning?  That way I can make us something nice to eat,” I said.

            “Sure.  Sounds good,” he said, sounding a bit strange on the phone.  “Is it just going to be the two of us?”

            “Unless Donghae is home,” I answered, smirking as I walked along the sidewalk, heading to the grocery store. 

            “Okay.  I’ll see you later then.”

            “Okay.  Bye, bye!”

            I turned off the phone and stuffed it back into my pocket. 

            “You’re hilarious.  I bet he’s wetting his pants, wondering if you’re hitting on him or what,” Henry said, eating an ice cream cone. 

            “It’s only going to get better!” I affirmed. 

 

            Later that day, I happened to be out with Heechul, getting my hair done by Gunhee.  “I just need a trim,” I told him.

            “I thought you usually went to the salon with Kyu,” Heechul pointed out.

            “I do, but I’m a little tired of him at the moment.  We’ve been doing all this work getting the KRY album ready and prepping for the concerts.  Then we had our first concert last weekend and I could barely get rid of him for two seconds.  I tell you, it was a luxury just to use the bathroom by myself.”

            Gunhee looked over at Heechul questioningly as he covered me up, prepping to trim my hair. 

            “I thought you spent very little time together this last month,” Heechul pointed out.

            “We had several appointments together each week!” I complained.  “I feel like I’m never away from him.  And we’re in SuJu together, SJM together, and KRY together…when do I ever get a break from him?”

            “I thought Kyu was your best friend,” Gunhee pointed out.

            “Who told you that?  Kyu?  No!  It’s Sungmin,” I informed him.

            Heechul narrowed his eyes at me.  “Are you two fighting or something?”

            “No.  I’m just tired of being around him all the damn time.”

            “What did he do to piss you off?” Heechul asked.

            “Nothing,” I insisted, trying to figure out why he wasn’t buying into my lie.

            Heechul stood up from his seat and tossed aside the magazine he’d been browsing through.  He walked over to the chair and looked through the mirror at me, eyeing me skeptically.  “Bull.  You know why I know that’s bull?”

            I shook my head.

            “Because there isn’t any member you care for more than Kyu.  So tell me the truth…what’s really going on?” he asked.

            I took a deep breath.  A believable lie.  That’s all I had to give him.  Something he would really buy.  And Henry said that Heechul was already suspicious of us…so I couldn’t say something like I hated Kyuhyun.  He’d never believe me. 

            “I think Kyu takes me for granted.  He practically suffocates me when we’re alone together at KRY concerts or other events and he ignores me the rest of the time.  He hasn’t been paying any attention to me aside from when we work together lately and I’m tired of it,” I complained. 

            And this was somewhat plausible.  I was starting to believe it myself when I hadn’t seen him for almost a month besides when we worked together…until I realized that Kyuhyun missed me too.  And then to find out that the members were purposely keeping us apart.  That about killed me.  How could they?  Some of them even know about my longtime crush on Kyuhyun.  And then they’d keep me away from him? 

            Heechul nodded.  “Kyuhyun’s always been a little insensitive like that.  I don’t think it means that he doesn’t care about you.  I think he’s genuinely busy right now.”

            “No,” I said, shaking my head.  “Sometimes his excuses are so lame, I can tell they are lies and he just doesn’t want to hang out with me.  Like tonight.  I asked if he wanted to go out after work and he said he was too tired.  Usually he’s up much later than I am.  So I’ve made other plans.  I’m not going to wait around for him anymore.”

            Heechul looked over at Gunhee and pat his behind before returning to his seat.  He picked his magazine back up, but I could tell he wasn’t reading it.  He never turned the page.  Finally, he abandoned it altogether and began playing with his phone.  By the sour look on his face, I guessed he’d either text Eunhyuk and discovered that Kyuhyun had lied to me about his plans or had text Yesung and found out we were hanging out together later.  Either way, he was starting to get the impression that Kyuhyun and I weren’t so into each other as he thought.  Whew!  I knew he was going to be the hardest.  That’s why I wanted to deal with him myself.  Heechul always distrusted Kyuhyun because he knew he was likely to prank him. 

 

            “My God!” I said, slamming the door shut as I walked into the Mouse Rabbit.

            “What’s going on?” Leeteuk asked, sitting up in his seat.  He’d been chatting with Kangin and Yesung until I’d walked in the room.

            “The drama!  Man, I’m just not going to bother going over to the dorms anymore!”

            “What drama are you talking about, Henry-ah?” Kangin asked.

            “Wook and Kyu,” I said, “fighting like cats and dogs on the phone to one another.  I went over to have dinner with Wook tonight.  He was all alone.  Apparently, Donghae, Eunhyuk, and Kyuhyun went out together and Kyuhyun didn’t want them to invite Wook with.  So they had this big blowout on the phone together while I was trying to eat my dinner.  Wook’s cooking is good, don’t get me wrong, but the atmosphere around there lately has been a little strange,” I informed them.  “You should have heard the terrible things that Wook was saying about Kyu—that he wished Kyuhyun had never joined SuJu and all that—it was harsh.”

            “Why have they become so angry towards one another?” Leeteuk wondered.

            “Part of the issue is that Wook thinks that Kyu is purposely ignoring him.  This last month, he thinks that Kyu’s been inventing reasons not to see him anymore

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter