Taken... Again

Who's That? - Sunggyu

A demanding alarm that called out woke you up from your sleep, rolling over with a tired groan, your fingers fumbled with the buttons on the top of the small clock. Turning off the alarm that wanted to be heard, you slowly sat yourself up and rubbed your eyes with one hand while the other one kept you upright. Lazily turning yourself to allow your legs to fall over the edge of the bed, you slid off of your bed and flung the covers up under your pillow, Making your way into the bathroom, you slipped into a warm shower and got changed for the day. With a beige pencil skirt and a black off the shoulder top you pulled on some heels and ran your fingers through your damp hair.

Pulling some hair back and clipping it into place on the side of your head, you applied some light makeup before grabbing your black purse and walked out to the kitchen. Setting your purse on the counter top, you grabbed an orange from your fruit bowl and cut it up, careful not to mess up your outfit, you ate your orange slowly while you caught up with some messages on your phone.

Clicking through a few emails from your boss, a soft, yet familiar snore grabbed your attention, turning your head you quickly scanned your apartment to see if anyone was inside, but once your eyes found nothing out of the ordinary you shook your head and returned your eyes back to the screen of your phone. Another snore emerged from somewhere in your apartment, this time you rose to your feet and made your way into the living room where you could swear the noise was coming from.

Rounding your couch, your eyes glanced down and saw your ex boyfriend, Sunggyu sleeping on the couch, his head slightly lulled to the side, his bangs covered his eyes as his chest slowly rose up and down with every steady breath. Trailing your eyes down his sleeping figure, your eyes stopped once they got to the flowers laying over his stomach.

Your mind pushed out the thought that the flowers were for you as your eyes tried to move past the beautiful bouquet. His eyes were puffy and his body was warm as you knew that he had been drinking to try and forget something. Absentmindedly, your eyes found their way back to the beautiful flowers, carefully reaching out to the note that stuck out amongst the flowers, you pulled the small note out and turned it over to read the handwritten note.

_____, I know I should trust you and I do, I just don’t want to loose you but it looks like I did that anyways. I pushed you away and it is my fault. If you don’t take me back I understand, just know that I love you and no other girl will ever come close to you
Your loving Gyu

Once you finished reading the ink covered note, you lifted your eyes slowly to his tired figure, easing yourself down on the edge of the couch, you carefully lifted your hand and brushed his bangs away from his closed eyes. Remembering all of his words clearly from your fight, they soon melted away as you saw his peaceful face.

“You can stay here as long as you need to” You whispered knowing you weren’t the kind of person to push someone out on the street, hesitantly, you leaned forward and kissed his forehead softly.

“Thank you ____” He mumbled in his sleep as he leaned towards you,caught his falling form with your own body as his head rested on your shoulder, his lips slowly, you watched his face relax once more as he drifted back to sleep.

Watching him for a while, you pet his hair a few times before you carefully moved his head from your shoulder then placed his head on a pillow and laid him down on the couch. Lifting his legs up onto the couch, you pulled a blanket from the armchair nearby and laid it over him. Making sure he was comfy and sleeping, you carried the flowers over and placed them in a vase before you quietly grabbed your purse and phone and headed out of the house to go to work.

A while later, Sunggyu woke up slowly with a splitting headache, lifting his hand to his temple his brown eyes slowly opened, the dusk light spilled in through your large windows as he slowly sat up and tried to stop the room from spinning. Closing his eyes, he leaned back against the cushions while he took a few deep breaths, slowly scanning the room, he vaguely remembered how he arrived here but pulling his phone from his pocket, he checked the date and the time before he heard the front door open with a chime.

Turning around, he watched you walk through the door and allow your black purse to fall from your shoulders. Wiggling off your heels, you sighed from the escape of your feet as you headed inside, turning your head to see Sunggyu staring at you, you gave him a soft smile.

“Good evening, sleepy head” You chuckled under your breath while you maneuvered through your home to get to your kitchen to figure out what you should make for dinner.

“You look better than this morning” You remarked as you grabbed some left overs and poured it into a bowl as he slowly stood up and made his way over to the kitchen.

“I’m sorry I came here early this morning” Sunggyu dropped his head while he shifted his weight from one foot to the other.

“It is okay, I am glad you came here than to another girls place” You chuckled as you moved around the kitchen, grabbing your heated meal, you stirred it around a little as you saw him eying the food on the counter.

“Would you like to eat some?” You questioned as his eyes snapped up, his head shaking lightly.

“A-Ah n-n-n-no… I couldn’t impose on you like that. Especially letting me stay here without your knowledge” He rubbed the back of his neck as he stepped back a little.

“Well you did buy me flowers, so I am sure I could feed my best friend something” You grabbed a plate for him and slid it across the counter to him. “What would you like to eat, Sunggyu?”

“I can just finish this off, you don’t have to make me anything, I don’t want to be more of a burden to you” He replied softly while pouring himself some food then heated it up in the microwave. “So… did you like the f-flowers?”

“You know I love that arrangement” You smirked while passing him the warmed meal. “Thank you though, I know you didn’t have to do that.”

“I wanted to, I didn’t want to leave you on that bad note.” He slipped a bite of food into his mouth while he kept his eyes down on his food.

The air between the two of you went quiet as the two of you ate, finding Sunggyu’s eyes on you from time to time, you moved to get two water bottles and handed one to him.

“I really like what you are wearing today” Sunggyu complimented quietly, trying not to make it more awkward between the two of you.

“Thank you, Spencer didn’t like it too much” You mumbled the last part quietly

“He didn’t?” Sunggyu questioned a little in shock

“He thought it was too formal for work but I love dressing up for work every now and again” You started as you sipped some water. “He liked it when I wore my ripped jeans and a polo yesterday and some tall boots but he didn’t like this”

“I think your outfit is nice and looks very flattering, he must need his eyes checked” Sunggyu dropped his eyes as you started to blush from his compliment.

“You were right, Gyu” You whispered a little while later, “Not all guys are like you…”

“What do you mean?” Sunggyu now turned protective as he hung on your every word.

“Spencer kept texting me while you were gone and I kept wanting to say I have a boyfriend but I didn’t so he just keeps bugging me about taking me out and such” You dropped your eyes slowly as Sunggyu clenched his fist.

“Where is your phone, _____?” Sunggyu’s tone was surprisingly calm as you slid your phone across the counter to him.

“Do you mind?” He looked up at you while his hand gently grabbed your phone. Shaking your head from side to side you granted him permission to enter you phone.

Punching in the number code, he entered your phone with ease, tapping the message button he found Spencer’s number and read through all of the texts that you didn’t delete. His eyes fumed with rage as he quickly typed a message to him before he placed your phone back on the counter and took another bite of his food without saying a word to you.

“W-What did you s-s-say?” You questioned while your eyes followed his form to the sink as he washed his plate and dried it for you.

“I told him you were taken and that he should be more careful about what he says to ladies in general, they aren’t toys for him to play with or fantasize about, they are human beings and they deserve the up most respect” Sunggyu relayed while placing your plate back in the cupboard.

“Y-You said that?” You blinked at him before you read his exact words in his text. “W-Who am I taken by?” You questioned

“That is up to you to decide, I am willing to be yours but I want you to make the choice. I want you to be happy” Sunggyu rubbed your arm gently while his puppy dog eyes looking into yours. 

“To be honest, Sunggyu, I have been miserable since you left and I have thought about what we fought about and you checked more boxes than I realized” You bit your bottom lip while trying to find words for what you wanted to say next. “You were right and I was wrong”

“______, don’t say that, we both had valid points, we just need to work through it if we want to keep this going.” Sunggyu reassured you, gently squeezing your arm while his hand glided down your arm.

“Do you want to work on it with me?” Your eyes looked up into his while your hand slowly wrapped around his.

“I wouldn’t want to work on it with anyone else” He smiled as he tightened the grip on your hand. Letting both of your eyes lock on each others, you two leaned into each other, your lips brushing over his then they pressed against each other in a heated passion, the sparks flew back just like they had never left as your lips molded against his, picking up where the two of you had left off.

“Now you are definitely taken“ Sunggyu smiled against your lips as he pulled away slightly for air.

“Did you want to drive me to work and make Spencer jealous?” You questioned letting your head gently rest against his.

“I would love to take you to work, just as long as I can bring you lunch and spend your lunch break with you. Maybe I can meet Spencer” He smiled allowing his arms to snake around you and pull you against him tightly.

“I don’t think you will like him” You whispered with a smile as your fingers ran up and down his sides, letting your eyes close.

“You don’t like him either, so that makes us even” Sunggyu whispered against your hair as he rocked you from side to side while leaning against the counter.

The two of you stayed in each others arms for a while, just making each other smile with your snarky comments.

“I’m glad you came back” You whispered quietly against his shoulder

“I’m glad I did too” He pressed another kiss amongst your hair, “I love you so much sweetheart, much more than Spencer ever could.”

Laughing into his shoulder, you pulled away and nodded. “Come on Gyu, let’s get you to bed so you can sleep off your hangover” You pulled his hand gently as you lead him to your bedroom for more cuddles and more time in each others arms.