Who's That?

Who's That? - Sunggyu

Tapping his fingers against the steering wheel, Sunggyu impatiently waited in his car parked outside of your work, shifting his eyes from the main doors of your building then to his watch, he clicked his tongue on the roof of his mouth. Waiting for about ten minutes outside, he pulled his phone out and decided to send you a message that he was outside. Right when he was about to type the message, he saw something out of the corner of his eye, lifting his eyes up, he saw you emerge from behind the frosted glass doors. Clicking the power button on his phone, he sat his phone on the center console as a smile began to curl on his pink lips, however, that smile didn’t last long as it quickly faded once he saw a man follow you out.

Your body slightly turned back to the man following you as you smiled and the two of you talked stepping down the few stairs that led to the sidewalk. Sunggyu watched from behind his tinted windows as you smiled and laughed a little before the man waved at you and you waved back. Opening the door, you slipped into the passengers seat and closed the door once you were fully inside.

“Evening Gyugyu” You cooed, pulling your seat belt over yourself once you slid your purse between your feet.

“Evening” Sunggyu mumbled while watching his mirrors to follow the man you were talking with, with his eyes.

“Do you have anything fun planned for tonight or it is just going to be us at home?” You questioned while your eyes glanced through your messages the piled up on your phone. Sunggyu continued to watch the man as he started his car and pulled out of the parking lot, waving to them as he passed their parked car.

“Sunggyu?” You looked over at him and shook his arm a little with your hand as that seemed to snap him out of whatever he was looking at.

“Hrmm?” His head turned back to you as his fingers turned the keys on the car letting the engine start up.

“Are we going anywhere tonight?” You repeated your question from earlier.

“Did you want to go anywhere?” Sunggyu answered your question with a question as he glanced over at you just to see you shake your head.

“I was just curious” You sank into your seat a little allowing your thumbs to dance across the screen of your phone, replying to all of the messages on your phone.

“I thought a movie would be fun to watch tonight, we could see what is new on Netflix if you wanted” Sunggyu pulled out of the parking lot as you just hummed but then typed another message before he heard you chuckle next to him.

“Who are you texting?” He probed gently while he slowed down at a red light letting his eyes wonder over to you and your screen seeing if he could catch a glimpse of the name on the top of the messages.

“A coworker” You replied shortly

“What is her name?” Sunggyu inquired wondering if he knew her from being in your group of friends at your office.

“Oh… it isn’t a her… it is a him” You answered while typing another message.

“W-What is his name then?” Sunggyu was more on guard now hearing that it was a guy you were texting.

“Spencer, he is a foreigner” You answered quietly while glancing over at Sunggyu to see his hand tighten around the steering wheel, his face lit up with the green from the traffic light as you knew that look on his face and it wasn’t a good emotion that he was conveying.

The rest of the ride home was silent as you answered more texts from Spencer, with Spencer bidding you a goodnight and you wishing him a goodnight as well, Sunggyu pulled in front of your shared apartment.

“Thank you for the ride home” You unbuckled yourself as you reached for the handle but looked over your shoulder as Sunggyu just sat still in his seat. “Hey, is everything okay?”

“Oh?” Sunggyu shook his head lightly before he registered your question and nodded his head. “I’m just tired I guess…”

Unbuckling himself from the seat, he opened his door and slipped his phone into his pocket then grabbed his bag from the back seat before closing both doors. Slinging his bag over his shoulder, he waited for you to grab your things before he headed inside with you walking next to him.

“Did you have a good day at work?” Sunggyu asked while holding the lobby doors open for you.

“It was pretty good today, Spencer helped me a lot today” You replied while you headed up the few flights of stairs to your apartment.

“What does Spencer do? Like is his job related to yours?” Sunggyu questioned trying to be friendly yet an uneasy feeling began to grow inside of him.

“He works with the technical support group but with the project I am working on, I have to work with him with some of the special effects and computer presentations I need for my end result” You tried to explain to him as clearly as you could knowing that any boyfriend could become jealous if you placed a wrong word here or there.

“Ah okay” With that Sunggyu dropped the subject of you and Spencer.

Arriving at your front door, you slipped in your key and twisted the handle as you walked in first then Sunggyu followed you inside. Slipping off your heels, you picked them up with your fingers and headed to your bedroom to change first. Sunggyu moseyed over to the couch and plopped down amongst the cushions. Turning on the tv, he flipped through the channels as his eyes watched the screen while his mind churned with the thoughts of you and Spencer occupying him.

“Your turn, Gyu~” You cooed while spinning your hair around your fingers, seeing his eyes staring forward and his thumb slowly tapping the channel button on the remote, you found it a little odd.

Sliding your hands over his shoulders then letting your arms rest over his shoulders while your arms gently hugged him causing his concentration to break from the screen.

“Is something wrong? You aren’t acting like yourself tonight” You whispered next to his ear as you leaned over the back of the couch.

“I’m fine, just tired“ His voice gave off an irritated vibe.

“You sure?” You probed feeling like something else was bothering him

“I am, just drop it okay?!” Sunggyu quickly moved your arms from around him and stood up.

“I’m heading to bed” He mumbled before walking off to the bedroom.

“If something was bothering you, you would talk to me about it right?” You quizzed while you followed him a little.

“What is with all of the questions tonight? I didn’t say anything wrong and I kept my cool when I heard about you with another guy didn’t I?” Sunggyu spun around and let his side of the story start to spill.

“Kept your cool..?” You repeated, not exactly sure what he meant by that.

“Yes, when I saw you walk out with that guy, Spencer, I wanted to run up to you and yell to him that you are mine, but I waited for you, I trusted you and if you think that my trust is something you can pick up and throw it awa-”

“Sunggyu, nothing is happening between Spencer and I, we are just work friends” You cut him off to try and nip his suspicions in the bud.

“Then why were you laughing and looking at him like you do when we are having a fun time? When you waved at him, you do your cute wave not your friendly one” Sunggyu pointed out, you felt your heart racing as you knew that you had been more than a little friendly with Spencer yourself, even flirting with him from time to time because it was fun for you.

“My point exactly” Sunggyu waited a little bit before he replied and turned back around to head into the bedroom.

“Do you not trust me enough to have guy friends?” You followed him into the bedroom as you started to feel a fire being lit within you, two can play at this game, you thought.

“It isn’t that, I just don’t like to see you getting too close to guys is all” Sunggyu pulled off his jacket and laid it on the corner of the bed as he began pulling off his rings for the night.

“Isn’t that for me to decide if they get too close to me or not?” You leaned against the door frame with your arms folded over your chest.

“By the time you figure out if they are too close or not if would be too late” Sunggyu ran his fingers through his hair as you could tell his was already past irritated with you.

“You don’t trust me with choosing people I associate with?” You probed, finding more and more about Sunggyu with every question you asked.

“It isn’t that, I am just saying be careful, not all guys are like me out there.” Sunggyu tried to calm himself down with a few deep breaths.

“Guys like you?” You questioned shifting your weight from one leg to the other, “Last time I checked you didn’t check all of my boxes that I had on my list of must-haves for a boyfriend.”

“Oh really?” Sunggyu began to start fuming now, hearing your last phrase, he lifted his eyes and looked right into your eyes, his burning gaze making your heart pick up pace, faster than before.

“Really” You nodded your head to enforce your answer.

“Does Spencer check more boxes than me? Did you want to go out with him and break up with me instead?” Sunggyu snapped and began shooting off questions left and right as that was the last straw.

“Well he doesn’t yell at me for something I am not responsible for” You snapped back, your arms falling to your sides and your fists clenching.

“I’m done” Sunggyu threw his hands up in the air before he grabbed his jacket and flung it over his shoulder. “Go have fun with Spencer”

“What are you doing? Are you breaking up with me?” You shouted after him as he pushed past you and headed towards the door.

“Yeah I am, good luck _______. I wish you all the best” Sunggyu opened the front door and closed it behind him. Pulling his jacket on, he headed down the hallway to outside as his hands slid into his pockets finding his keys to his car.

Blinking at the front door, you stood there almost in shock of the unraveling of events that had just happened before your eyes. Your relationship, your bond that you had been working months on, was gone in just a matter of minutes. Shuffling across your carpeted floor, you sat on the edge of your bed and covered your eyes with your hand just letting yourself soak in every word, every action and every emotion that had just unfolded before you.

The cool night blew in through the open windows of Sunggyu’s car as he drove endless miles to try and clear his mind. Hair blowing against his face and into his eyes, unwilling tears fell from his eyes and cut over his cheek before dripping off of his sharp jawline and onto his pants. With the roar of the engine growing louder and louder as his foot pressed the pedal closer and closer to the floor, he let out a scream then hit the steering wheel a few times before his foot came off of the gas pedal and allowed the car to eventually slow down. With tears cutting his cheeks with their wet paths, he leaned his head forward and rested it against the steering wheel. Closing his eyes, all of his emotions finally caught up with him, his body was soon moving with his sobs, his shoulders heaving up and down with every struggled breath.