CHAPTER 2

Great Changes

CHAPTER 2:
HER POV: 
“You can’t consider it a coincidence if its fate that’s in between you two and coincidence is only a mere part of fate. Let fate do its thing and you’ll find yourself in a place that you could never imagine, inside his burning heart that could surely rekindle you’re once cold realm.” 
It was not new to me of what just my brother did, he always used father’s name to escape classes and actually it always work eventhough it was a used up strategy. A brother that never once thought of considering classes vital as his life and a sister that is a complete opposite of him but not to the very extent, I of course fluctuate in classes and did some stubbornness if laziness dominated me. 
“Wow…never thought that’ll still work.” Minah shook her head, again biting the head of her pen. “Poor Sehun, on his first day and he already experience Mr. Shim’s wrath. You think he’ll be hard on him?”
“I don’t know.” I was now curious as to what Mr. Shim we’ll do but silently hopes to be easy on him. ‘Aish Ga In stop with you’re thinking,’ I was scold myself for feeling sorry to a guy I  grown to hate.
“Ok Mr. Oh doesn’t mean you’re new I’ll exempt you. Answer the remain-” he wasn’t able to finish when he suddenly stands and utter the answer to him. 
That was the second time he interrupted Mr. Shim’s word, everyone went stoic when he answer them correctly in just a very short time when almost of us took a minute or much worst an hour to acquire the right answer. I never expect this to happen as I’ve known him bad or worst at math, he even once said that math would be his forever enemy and what I just witness is way different to what he said a long time ago, ‘right that was a long time ago, who am I kidding, a years of absence from each other,’ I reminded myself. 
It was an absolute shock to me even until the end of Mr. Shim’s class, he really had change a lot, and everything about him is a total change; he’s not the same as what I used to know, he doesn’t even tried to introduced himself to me and not a single greeting as if he had forgotten about me eventhough my name were mentioned enough to be overheard but he didn’t do anything, not a single attempt. Maybe forgetting was also a part of his changes; he’s now good in basketball, math, he doesn’t smile anymore just maybe once or twice but it was a simple short smile and had this cold expression on him and the only thing that remains is his name ‘Sehun.’ The name I had fallen in love even until now no matter what he did to me; by leaving me alone on my very special day that he once promise he’ll come because he has something he want to say as his gift to me but he bailed me, he left me waiting, hoping he’ll come until every single person left the party. That night I didn’t hate him for what he did thinking something just happened like an emergency or maybe his mother got sick and he have to help his father to take care of her especially Mr. Oh was also absent. I longed waited for him until the first rays of morning came still carrying the hope or even a call from him asking for forgiveness but not until long hour of expectation that I starts to lost my patience, I called him only to discovered that he left to state and he will continued his study there which means he’s gonna live there. That very hour I had hate him; he lied to me, abandoned me, leaving me with nothing but betrayal, more than that I hates myself for I can’t hate him for long for I still make random reasons why he left, why he wasn’t able to say goodbye or why he didn’t tried call me for all those time he was away and those moment he left me and why they left his mother in pain being under the care of a hospital. Now that his back I want to ask him, to hear his reasons and maybe to return to what they used to be, I missed him eventhough I kept saying that I’ve hated him and doesn’t want to see him ever again but after this meeting I knew that I was just lying to myself all this time, I had missed him and he still make me nervous and put such great impact on me making my heart to beat faster. 
“Hey girls, what’s with the dull face?” one of the boys asks us, settling themselves on their usual table to have a break. 
Cafeteria is the only place in school where they could only hang out together and sometimes in the dance room when they’re lucky to have the same time out. The group was EXO, we only hang out with them for I was one the boy’s sister and Minah was my bestfriend; Suho their leader, Chanyeol her brother, Baekhyun, D.O, and the playboy Kai. 
“Where’s the two, aren’t they back yet from your P.E class?” Suho asks, taking his first bite of sandwich.
“No, they’re still pretty much occupied with basketball,” Minah answer, frowning.
“Yah, don’t tell me the reason of that frowns, because your jealous that instead they’re with you they choose the ball.” Kai said, grinning. “Wow, you really like Chanyeol,” he’s starting his teasing again, “hey, how about you Chan’s SIS?” he continued. “Don’t tell me you also like your bro-” I hit his head interrupting him, “Yah! What the hell,” half shouting at me, massaging his head
“Didn’t I tell you not to call me that,” I hit him again, this time on his arm and not intending to stop. “And I’m gonna hit you again if you call me that again… and I don’t like him cause his my brother, you ert,” instead of stopping me, they only laugh and they even cheers on her.
“Ok, ok, you can stop now,” he begs, cowering.
“Serve you right dude.” D.O lectured him. He gives me wink and smiled.
“Hey, hey, you can stop now you’re gonna leave a whole hand’s mark on his body and that’s surely going to chase all his girls away.” Suho stops me while laughing purposely teasing Kai.
“Aish, look… you mess everything.” Kai was fixing his clothes, frowning like a little kid. 
“You deserve that,” I counter say. I took the first bite of my food when they came into view but they’re not alone this time, they were with someone I desperately wants to avoid.
“Hey, who’s that other guy?” Kai asks. They all stop eating watching their approaching friends and the stranger. “Is he the new?” he added.
“Oh that, right we forgot to tell you. He’s the transfer student from New Mexico, he’s good in math and he was the captain of their basketball team back in his place, so technically he already has the highest number of fans than Kai and Kangjun,” Minah explained. “I also heard his rich as well,” she added.
 “Wow, you’re so fast in digging stuff on guys, unbelievable,” D.O said returning his attention on his food and even stuffing some of his friend’s.
“At least I’m proud on it, it’s my specialty,” Minah said, waving at the guys, “hey, you finally came,” she said as they reach their table. “Hi Sehun,” she greeted him, she moved to the left providing him the space to seat, “here you can seat here.”
I want to kill her so bad I’ll just forget we’re bestfriend, how can she do this to me giving a seat to him right in front of me, he even accepted it, he knows me and he’s supposed to avoid it, to avoid me. They made the introduction and none of them made a protest, they didn’t even question him, they just accepted him in their group, meaning more meeting with each other, not just more but all the time.
“Good at basketball, wanna test it sometimes?” Kai challenge him.
“You know and we know you’re not gonna win it,” Baekhyun said to him, he started digging his food, nonstop. Kai hit him in the head causing him to choke his food. “Yah, are you trying to kill me?”
They only laugh at them, not intending of stopping the bickering of two. I was a statue in my sit, facing him and just a small move I’ll meet his eyes and I can’t risk that no matter how I wants it and it’s suffocating me real hard. I only listened to the boys talking and the bantering with each other. 
“Whoa, here comes the suitor, hey Ga In I thinks he’s really serious about you.” Kai said, disturbing my thought.
I don’t have to ask what he’s talking about for I was expecting this every day I’ll went to school, Kangjun the team captain of basketball team and known as a total jerk and a player of our school but it doesn’t stop the girls from building a fan club of him and having a crush on him. But I’ll exclude myself to that, I was the only girl that rejected him and that made him more insistent on me until now. 
“Hey, you free later?” he asks me, he was standing beside me nonchalant of the fourteen eyes staring at him.
“You know the answer,” I answer not looking at him. 
“And I you know I don’t take no for an answer, and I won’t get tired of asking this the same question,” he said back.
“Maybe you should change your question, who knows she might agree,” Baekhyun interfere.
“I doubt that, no matter what you do my friend’s not going to date you, EVER,” Minah said.
“Just leave my sister alone Kangjun,” Chanyeol said, now became serious.
“Don’t worry man I’m not gonna hurt her,” he said, putting a hand on my shoulder, “anyway I came here today cuz…” I shrug his hands off me and he turn his head toward Sehun, “I heard we have someone that is good in basketball, if I’m not wrong, it’s you transfer student.”
“Yeah, he is, better than you,” Minah said proudly. 
What’s his deal, can’t he just leave this day as normal as it is? He needs a grip, his too much and please don’t accept his offer.
Kangjun laugh silently, “well that will be tested; you want to join the team? I’m sure you won’t get bored; some of your friend here is also in the team, so what do you say,” he give me a wink and return his attention back to Sehun. 
He didn’t even look at him and he was certainly not paying attention to Kangjun. And he gave him a short unexpected answer to him. “No.”
“N… no?” he asks, shock. “You, this is the first time I offer someone to join the team, most of them had worked themselves up just to be in a team and you just said NO,” he said, surely in the verge of his temper for being rejected in the second time. “Well I’m sure you’re gonna regret it,” he continued.
I saw the hatred burning up in him, and I was technically enjoying it, for the first time I looks at him, he didn’t flicked or anything to Kangjun’s treat, he just continued eating his food until Kangjun give up and went back to his seat and he didn’t even said a word to me which a relief to me, maybe ashamed of what happen. 
“Wow man, you only didn’t do that to Mr. Shim but also to him.” Chanyeol said, patting his shoulder. 
“Yeah, that was the second time he was rejected, right Ga In?” Minah said laughing. 
“Why did you do that? I thought you love basketball.” D.O ask
He looked at them grinning, “Well, I already decided to dance,” he looks at them except me. ‘ugh, what’s wrong with you too,’ I thought angrily.
“Dance?, Just perfect I’m in that club,” Kai said excitedly.
“Actually were all in that club just into different area,” Suho explain.
“That’s good then, we can have fun together and well make sure you won’t regret it,” Baekhyun said, he encircles his hands on D.O and starts to dance in his seat. They laugh at them, struggling each other.
“That would be great then,” he said to them, taking the last bite of his food.
 I felt a small pat on my shoulder bringing me back. “Hey you okay?” it was Minah; I had caught their attention now.
“Yeah you okay? You’ve been so quiet,” Chanyeol ask me, concern.
“Huh? Oh… yeah I’m okay, I’m just thinking of something.” I smiles at them, assuring them.
“Yah…don’t tell me you’re having now a second thought of Kangjun,” Kai said to me, intensifying their attention.
“What?... no I’m not. Of course not”, I automatically said. I look at him only to see his uninterested. I frown and want to scream that I know him and to ask him why did he forgot about me but I’m holding it in and I’m not gonna ask him in front of them. ‘What’s wrong with him,’ I thought to myself. I decided to stands up, I can’t take this any longer, if I’ll gonna stay here more longer I don’t know what I’ll do.
“Where are you going?” Minah ask me.
“’I’m done eating, and we still have class,” I said while gathering my things.
“But we still have more time,” her brother said.
“I just remember still have things to do before the class and you don’t have to come with me,” I said looking at Minah indicating her. “I’ll see you at class.” I took my leave without hearing their question. My curiosity only ignited more, and I’ll hold myself for the time being, I can’t reveal to them that we know each other if he was avoiding me or had forgotten me already.