Condition

Who will know how much it hurts?

Seeing Hakyeon lying on the hospital bed so vulnerable makes Taekwoon feel a pang in his heart. Now that he take a closer look, he realised that Hakyeon isn't like how he was before. He became alot skinnier, paler and even had heavy eyebags underneath those beautiful eyes that are always shining so brightly. Sitting on the chair by the bed, leaned in closer to Hakyeon, left hand moving to cup his cheek as his thumb smoothly glides over the soft and silky skin. Retracting his hand, Taekwoon let out a soft sigh, feeling the sleepyness that starts seeping into his body. Slowly, his heavy eyelids fell as he drift of to his dreamland...

Several hours later

Stirring slightly, one of his eyes cracked open, blinded by the bright light. Letting out a soft groan, Hakyeon slowly open up both his eys, just to be met with a plain white celing. He sat up immediately after knowing that he wasn't in the dorm just to fall straight back into bed. He felt as if his energy got drained out of his body together with the slight headache and dizzyness he was feeling.

He turned to his sides just to meet with the totally adorable sight of our human lion sleeping soundly with his arms folded in front of his chest as his head kept nodding back and forth. Hakyeon was entranced by the sight he was seeing until the horrid memory of the previous night came back to him. Tears starting welling up as he bit onto his lips, trying to control himself.

Why? Why am i so useless... The members... they are right. I am annoying... I am dark... I am just an eyesore among a group of handsome and talented people...

A tear or two slipped out as his thoughts went dark but it was broken as soon as he heard the door to his ward open and close. Immediately, his hands quickly wiped off the tears as he looked up just to see a male in white doctor gown.

"Oh you are awake. How are you feeling?"

"... Pretty fine other than not having much energy and also the headache and slight dizzyness... You are?"

"Sorry. I haven't introduce myself. I am your doctor in charge, Kim WheeHyun. Just call me Doctor Kim. Anyway, about your condition..."

"Can we go somewhere else to talk about this?" asked Hakyeon as he eyed the sleeping manager on the small couch in the room and the sleeping human lion.

"Oh sure. Lets go to my office then. Its not far from here."

Doctor Kim then went to the empty side of the bed, helping Hakyeon up and got off the bed, taking the IV drip with them.

Hakyeon sat down on the couch in the doctor's office while Doctor Kim sat in the identicle couch opposite him.

"Well, like what i wanted to tell you before. Your condition isn't good N ssi. You have asthma which is becoming more and more severe and also, you have heart attack..."

"Heart attack... But how?"

"One of your parent have heart attack too right?"

"Yeah... My dad has it..."

"Well it is hereditary. And this time, it occurred due to your severe asthma. I have to tell you N ssi. Your asthma is really bad and i can tell you that your heart attack will become a reoccuring thing very often if you don't listen to my instructions and take your medications. You will have to use a red inhaler once in the morning and the second time during the afternoon or night everyday. You will also have a blue inhaler, the rescue inhaler, which you will have to carry around everywhere you go at all times and use it when you have an attack. I will give you aspirin that you have to take when you have heart attack and its best if you chew it. I will also give you a low dose aspirin that you have to take everyday. Also, take ramipril after heart attack to reduce strain on your heart. Once you feel any chest pains, take nitroglycerin. Remember, place it under your tongue and not to swallow, chew or crush it okay?"

"Yes doctor..."

"By the way, i want to confirm something."

"Yes?"

"You actually have slight anemia... I saw that your body..."

Hakyeon immediately stiffed as he knew best in heart what the doctor was talking about...

"Its personal... Anyway, please don't tell them the severity of my condition... Best! Please don't tell them about my heart attack."

"I can't Hakyeon ssi! This is too severe... At most i can only not tell your member but i definitely have to let your manager know so there is someone taking care of you."

"...Promise me never to tell my member... And don't bring up what you saw and about anemia. Its something they don't need to know."

"Okay. Now lets go back to your room alright?"

"Neh. But before that, can i get discharge already?"

"I will have to examine you for the last time before i can decide if you can be discharged and perform later today."

With that, their conversation ended as they make their way back to Hakyeon's ward.

Once the door to the ward open, the two were met with an anxious Taekwoon who was pacing about the room before he saw Hakyeon. Relief washed over the human lion as he went over to Hakyeon.

"Are you okay? Why didn't you wake me up when you woke up?"

"I'm fine Taekwoonie~ Just went to get a small walk and talk to the doctor for abit."

"Next time don't do that... At least tell me instead of making me wake up to find an empty bed."

"Oh~~ Are you worried~? Hehe! Sorry Taekwoonie~ I won't do it again alright?"

"..." Hakyeon was just met with a nod before a cough was heard from behind that he remembered they were still at the doorway.

"Leo ssi, Hyunjin ssi please go outside for a moment while i examine Hakyeon ssi." The two can only follow the dctor's instruction and went out. it was about 10 minutes later that the Doctor Kim allow them back in.

"Hakyeon ssi can be discharged already. He can also perform later today but please make sure he rest for now." Doctor Kim then continued to tell the two about Hakyeon's condition before letting them bring him back. 

.

.

.

"Leo ah. You bring Hakyeon to the van while i help him to take his meds and do the discharge procedure."

"Okay hyung. Come on Hakyeon."  As they started walking, Hakyeon was feeling slightly dizzy again and loss his balance. Thank god for being a soccer player, Taekwoon had very good reflex and caught him on time. With arm wrapped around Hakyeon's waist, Taekwoon then pulled Hakyeon close to him, supporting him.

"Do you want to rest?" 

"Its alright. Let's go.." Said Hakyeon as he looked down, trying to cover up the enormous blush that had already went to his ears. The two continued their way to the van with Taekwoon's arm wrapped around Hakyeon's slim waist while ther latter just blushed furiously all the way at their close proximity with rapid heartbeats and butterflies in his stomach but it also pained him just as much for he know the truth and what he wished will never come true...


A/N Hello~~~ Sorry that this chapter is pretty much draggy especially with all the medicines and stuff but still! I hope you like it~ ^^ And please dont kill me for the bad story... T^T