Ch. 4

2+1=6

Baekhyun was angry, no he was pissed. He slammed the door shut and stomped along the hall all the way to his office.

How could this teacher think Kyungsoo was a unhappy kid? Was this man crazy?! Baek did everything for his son. He loved him with all his heart and would die for Kyungsoo. So, what the hell was Park's problem?

Baek huffed annoyed and slumbed down his office chair and rubbed his temples. His eyes wandered over his desk and stopped at a picture frame. His eyes gazed over the photo, over the face of his son. Kyungsoo seemed to be happy in this picture.

He smiled..yeah he smiled. It was only a soft smile but he smiled. Baek scanned the boy's smile, the soft lips-closed smile and suddenly his face fell.

Baekhyun sighed; he suddenly remembered Kyungsoo's bright smile in the morning. His plump lips formed into this adorable heart shaped smile. He remembered how his son smiled at the teacher; bright and happy. His eyes sparkled like little diamonds and his smile was like painted to his lips.

Once again Baek sighed. Why was Soo happier when he was with the teacher and his twins? Why? He tightly gripped the edge of his desk and growled out. He hated Park and he hated that Kyungsoo was so comfortable with him. He had to keep Soo away from this man. He only had to figure out how.

For good four hours Baekhyun sat in his office and literally stared at Kyungsoo's photo, trying to figure out how to keep Park away from his son, without breaking Soo's heart.  Only a barking dog outside the house brought him out of his thoughts. A quick glance of to the clock told him that he was already late for picking up Kyungsoo from school. On fast feet the young father ran along the hall and was just about to rush down the stairs, when the doorbell rang. He stopped in his tracks and watched one of his maids open the door.

"Oh, hey Kyungsoo.", she said with a smile and opened the door wider.

Baekhyun frowned. Chanyeol! The tall man stood right behind his son and softly smiled at the maid. He held the boy's school bag in his right and Kyungsoo's hand in his left hand. Kyungsoo looked pleased and comfortable. He smiled softly and cutely swung back and forth on his feet.

"Appa!", he suddenly called out.

Baekhyun flinched and quickly put on a smile. "Hey. What are you doing here already?"

"Mrs. Kim is sick and we were allowed to go earlier.", Soo said. "I hope she get's well soon."

Baekhyun walked towards the door. Chanyeol didn't talk to him. Wordlessly he reached out his hand and handed Baekhyun the boy's school bag. Somehow it made Baekhyun uncomfortable. He was used to Chanyeol annoying and reprimanding him and with the tall man saying absolutely nothing he felt like a scold kid.

Baekhyun took the bag. He tried to avoid the teacher's eyes and quickly looked at his son. "Why didn't some of your teachers calle me?"

"They did.", Kyungsoo said. "But you didn't answerer and so they asked Chanyeol to bring me here."

The father only nodded. He was sure his phone didn't ring. But why would Kyungsoo lie about this? He smiled at Soo and gently took him by his arm. "Come in, Soo. Lunch will be ready soon."

Kyungsoo turned around to Chanyeol and hugged the tall man around his leg. "Thank you for bringing me home.", he smiled brightly. The teacher ruffled Kyungsoo's hair and the boy happily leaned into the touch.

"No problem Soo.", Chanyeol smiled. "And now go and eat something."

"Okay.", the boy chirped. He waved at Chanyeol for the last time before he ran into the house.

Baekhyun watched his son hoppig down the hall into the kitchen before he turned back to Chanyeol. He gulped as he met eyes with the tall man. "Uh..yeah thank you for bringing him home."

Chanyeol stayed silence, only nodded. He only made a small hand movement before he turned away. Without another word he walked over to his car. Baekhyun could see the twins sitting in the car. They smiled form ear to ear as their father walked towards them. One of them playfully pressed his face against the car window and Baekhyun could hear a muffled squeal as Chanyeol jumped towards the car with a frisky roar. A small smile crept over Baek's face but he quickly shook it away. He closed the door and made his way to the kitchen.

"I had so much fun!", he could hear Kyungsoo's voice through the open kitchen door. He stopped in front of the door and leaned against the frame. He peeked into the room. Soo sat at the kitchen table; a spoon in his hand in front of a bowl of soup. Mrs. Lee leaned against the kitchen counter and smiled at his son.

"But Appa found out.", Kyungsoo pouted. "There were so many policemen."

"I'm so sorry Kyungsoo.", Mrs. Lee said. "I really thought we could keep it a secret."

"It's okay, ahjumma.", the boy smiled. "Minsoek and Jongdae played with me the whole day. We made homework together and helped Chanyeol making dinner."

Mrs. Lee smiled. "That sounds great."

"Yeah, we made noodles."

"You made noodles?"

"Yes!", Soo squealed. "With eggs and flour. We made the noodles and Chanyeol made the sauce. It was so yummy. Can we do noodles too?"

Mrs. Lee's smile fell and Baek frowned a bit. "I don't think that we get a chance to do that, honey."

"Oh,why not?"

"Your Appa is really made with me because I allowed you to go to teacher Park's house."

"Really?", Soo asked with big eyes. "But why? I had so much fun and Chanyeol took good care of me."

"It's not your fault or Mr. Park's, it's all my fault because I let you go with Mr. Park without your Appa's permission."

"And this is really that bad?", Kyugsoo asked innocently.

"Yes, it is."

"But you don't have to leave me or?"

"We'll see darling. But don't worry, your Appa will find a good nanny for you."

"But I don't want another nanny!", Kyungsoo suddenly shouted out and jumped down from his chair. Baekhyun gasped in surprise. Never before he had seen Kyungsoo like this. Tears rolled down his cheeks as the boy tightly hugged the elderly woman around the hips. The nanny patted Kyungsoo's back, while he cried out louldy.

"You can't go, ahjumma.", Soo hiccupped. "Appa can't let you go."

Baekhyun bit his lip and breathed in. It was hard for him to hear his son crying like this. He pushed himself away from the frame and fled to his bedroom. Was he really so blind? Was he too blind to see what made his son happy? Was he too strict? Maybe even overprotective? Was that the reason why Kyungsoo was so much happier with Chanyeol or even his nanny?

 

The night was short and the morning grey. Kyungsoo was saddened. Normally the boy happily sang along the songs from the radio but today he quietly looked out the window; he didn't say a word.

It was a hard time for Baekhyun. The young father was torn between his feelings. What Mrs. Lee did was wrong and he knew that it would be the best consequence to fire the nanny but it wasn't worth it. Kyungsoo's happiness was more important.

"Kyungsoo?"

"Hmm.", he boy hummed without looking up.

"Mrs. Lee won't go.", he simply said. Tensed Baek watched his sons reaction through the rearview mirror. At first Kyungsoo showed no reaction but then the boy showed a little smile.

Baek sighed relieved and smiled softly but his smile abruptly faded away when Kyungsoo let out a happy squeal and stretched himself in his seat. The boy had spotted the Park twins and suddenly impatiently swift in his seat. "Hurry Appa.", he said. "Hurry, hurry."

Baek rolled his eyes. Park, Park, Park. Always Park. When not on the tall teacher, Kyungsoo's attention lay on the little Park's. Baekhyun hated it. He didn't even have the chance to unfasten his seatbelt; Kyungsoo already had shut the car door behind him and hopped towards the twins.

"Soo!", the twins squealed and waved at the little Byun.

The three boy's happily began to chat while Baekhyun slowly walked towards them. The Park twins politely greeted Baekhyun with a bow when he joined the kids.

"Hello, Mr. Byun.", Chanyeol's kids said in unison with bright smiles on their faces.

"You're late today, Soo.", one of the twins said.

"We're not that late.", Soo said. "You're early. Why?"

"Today's the last day for Daddy to sign the papers."

"Which papers?", Baekhyun asked clueless.

Kyungsoo blankly stared at his father with an open mouth. "Appa did you forget it?"

"I have really no idea what you're talking about?!"

"This years summer camp.", one of the twins said.

"Yeah.", the other twin added. "Daddy's in there to sign us in.", he smiled.

Baekhyun was blank. He had really no idea what the boys were talking about.

"But Appa. Haven't you read the paper I gave you."

Oh yeah, the paper. Now Baek remembered. Three weeks ago Kyungsoo gave him a paper. Till now he didn't bother about it, he had just thrown it on his desk and it probably lay under a stack of his own papers.

Kyungsoo's face fell abrupty and he let his head hung forward. The Park twins immediately hugged Kyungsoo and tried to cheer him up.

"Ahh, Soo..", Baek stuttered. "Don't be sad. I still an sign you in."

"Really?", Soo asked.

"Yes.", Baek smiled. "I just have to know when the camp starts and how long it goes."

"It starts next monday.", suddenly Chanyeol's deep voice said. Baekhyun gasped in shock and spun around.

"It starts next monday.", Chanyeol repeated. "It goes from monday from monday."

"A whole week?", Baek asked. "Isn't that a bit to long?"

"No!", the three boy's shouted all together.

Chanyeol snickered. "Yeah, I also think a week is okay."

"Uh..and how do they get there?"

"We drive them there, what else?!"

Baekhyun thought for a moment, then he sighed. "I can't drive you there.", he said to his son.

"Why not?", Soo said sadly. "But I want to go there. Together with Jongdae and Minsoek."

"Soo, I really would like to drive you there but I can't."

"Why, only fancy sport cars in your garage that aren't off-road capabilities?"

Baekhyun threw the teacher a stern look. "Well, only to your information. I own a Jeep but that's not the reason why I can't drive him."

"So, where lays the problem then?"

"Yeah Mr. Byun why can't you drive him?", one of the twins asked too.

"I have an eye surgery on friday so I'm not allowed to drive for a week."

"I'm sorry for that.", Chanyeol said with a laugh. "But I don't see a problem. I can take Soo with me."

"Oh, no. You won't.", Baek snapped. "I already told you. You're not allowed to take him with you."

Chanyeol raised a brow. He threw a look at the kids and looked back up at Baekhyun. "Okay, Mr. Overprotective. How about you come with me too then?"

"What?", Baek laughed out. "Don't be silly."

"I'm serious.", Chanyeol said and something in his voice told Baekhyun that the teacher really was. "Only because you can't drive on that day shouldn't be the reason Kyungsoo can't go to the camp. I'll drive the kids and you come with me, so you can be sure that I don't bite your precious baby."

"Oh, just shut up."

"Appa.", Kyungsoo whined. "Please. Please, I really want to go there."

Baekhyun looked at his son. Kyungsoo's eyes were already watery and he knew that he was about to cry. He just couldn't say no. He growled lowly and turned to Chanyeol. "But don't you dare to drive too fast."

Chanyeol rolled his eyes but smiled. "I'll try."

"Does it mean I can go?"

Baekhyun nodded at Kyungsoo's question and yelped in surprise when the boy jumped at him. "Come Appa, come. You have to sign me in!", the boy said and tugged at his father's jacket.

"Yeah, Mr. Byun. Hurry up.", the twins squealed. They also tugged at his jacket and pulled him with them.

Chanyeol laughed at the sentence and Baekhyun stuck out his tongue. "Wipe that grin of your face.", he spat.

Chanyeol grinned even wider. "What? Doesn't it feel good to see your son happy?"

"Oh yeah.", Baekhyun thought. It really was a great feeling.