Jungkook Baratheon

Seven Sons

To tell the story of Robert Baratheon is to tell the story of brute force laying terrible men low. Like so many children of his house before him, Jungkook hears the legend young and takes it to heart, and as we are wont to do when young, decides that the people most terrible are the ones he doesn’t like.

The challenge in raising Baratheons, or so his grandmother says, is to squash the glory out of them before they’re old enough to make trouble. Jungkook thinks that glory was put in people to blind, rather than leave them blinded, and conviniently forgets that it was glory the Targaryen’s drunk to drive them mad.

At fifteen years old, Jungkook is tall enough for a broadsword. He hacks scarecrows and hay bails to pieces in the courtyard and asks his friends if they dare challenge him - he’s only half joking.

The throne was never meant for him, but then again the throne was never meant for Robert Baratheon. Jungkook finds glory in a battlefield half a world away and when the fight comes home he follows it, shrieking at the skies to take him in a blaze of glory or not take him at all.

His brother rules better than he ever could, and Jungkook fills the halls of Dragonstone with tales of blood and battle. He is blinding because of it, he is blinded.