One

Talk To Me


The door slammed behind him, but Jisoo was past the point of caring. He had had enough.

He made his way through the dance room, ignoring the suprised looks of the performance unit who were in the middle of practicing, as well as Hansol's muffled shout of, "Jisoo-hyung!" that could be heard from inside the room he just left. Instead, he ran after the long-haired boy that was currrently doing his best to get away from him. 

He didn't even know what just happened.

He had been practicing with Hansol as usual, and Hansol cracked one of his jokes that really shouldn't have been funny (something along the lines of, "Joshie-oppar!" and, "are you a banana? 'cuz I find you a-peel-ing") but made Jisoo laugh like an idiot anyway.

The younger then proceeded throw his arms around the American, continuing his onslaught of confessions in a high pitched voice. Jisoo returned the hug, chuckling, glad for the distraction from his thoughts of a certain long-haired boy who had been refusing to acknowledge his presence as of late.

It was then that the door to the practice room swung open and said boy - speak of the devil, he thought - walked in. Junghan's eyes were on his phone as he entered the room, hair tied back in a familiar pony tail, though his gaze met Jisoo's as soon as he looked up.

Something flashed in his eyes for a split second - and what that a blush Jisoo saw? - before they took in the scene before him and darkened considerably. Jisoo heard Junghan scoff and mutter something that sounded like, "of course it'd be you two," as he turned and started walking away.

Hansol lifted his head up from where it was resting in the crook of Jisoo's neck, letting out a confused noise. "Was that Junghan-hyung?"

Jisoo nodded, a frown settling on his face.

Hansol hummed in response, removing himself from . "Okay. Why'd he leave?"

This made Jisoo's frown deepen, because god dammit it's not like he even knew why himself, but Junghan's been ignoring him for too long and like hell is Jisoo just gonna sit around and do nothing about it any longer.

Junghan had been acting off this whole week and Jisoo couldn't for the life of him, figure out why. Unless, of course, he had somehow found out about the American's tiny crush on him. But Jisoo was sure he had been hiding it well. He hadn't told anyone - except maybe for Hansol - so that couldn't be it. Right? 

Still, he considered Junghan his best friend, and he wasn't about to go and lose their friendship over something like a stupid crush. Jisoo ignored the little voice in the back of his head telling him he definitely would mind if Junghan found out and continued his pursuit.

He followed Junghan out of the dance room, and when the older showed no signs of slowing down, ran up to him and grabbed his wrist, pulling him to a stop. All that was running through Jisoo's head was the frustration he'd been feeling the entire week, pushing him to act a little more brashly than what he was used to. It wasn't what Junghan was used to either, apparently, as surprise was evident on his features when he turned around.

Jisoo faintly registered that Junghan was trembling slightly in his hold, but that wasn't important at that moment.

"Jis-"
The glare on Jisoo's face was enough to shut the other up.

"I know I'm kind of slow sometimes, Junghan, but I don't even know what I've done to make you upset with me! If it's for accidentally spilling grape juice on your favourite boxers then I'm sorry, but you at least have to talk to me dammit!"

Jisoo was all sorts of worked up by then, and it took him a while to notice Junghan glancing warily around. "Jisoo..." Junghan muttered, looking pleadingly at Jisoo.

He flushed suddenly as he realised the scene he was making and looked behind him to find Mingyu, Seokmin, as well as a couple of staff staring at them with wide eyes - then promptly looking away once they met Jisoo's gaze.

He bowed to them, a blush on his cheeks, because kind, gentle Jisoo shouting angrily at a member was definitely not what anyone was used to, before turning back to Junghan to find the boy looking down at where Jisoo was still holding onto his wrist with his lips pressed together tightly. He looked almost pained.

Jisoo started to panic then, because, God, what if Junghan actually did find out about my crush on him, and he's just been avoiding me because he's disgusted? Crap, what do I do? This was never supposed to happen! He turned even redder at the thought, and quickly let go of Junghan's wrist.

Their eyes met, and there were a couple of seconds of awkward staring, only to be broken by Junghan sighing and looking down.

"Look, I'm sorry."

Jisoo tried not to lose his cool at this, even though he visibly perked up at the first words the older of the two had properly spoken to him in a week.

Junghan looked behind Jisoo and bit his lip, then huffed, "We can talk somewhere else."

The American boy nodded, and followed Junghan into an empty practice room. He took a seat on one of the chairs, eyes following Junghan as he shut the door softly behind the two of them and leaned against it.

They sat in silence for a while, both avoiding each other's gazes. Jisoo let out an inaudible sigh - he just wanted to make things alright between the two of them again.

"Plea-"

"Do-"

Both of their gazes met, and Junghan let out a small, surprised laugh. Jisoo's breath caught in his throat, because Junghan always looked so good when he smiled, but forced himself to look away, reminding himself that he was supposed to be mad.

Junghan gestured for him to go first, and Jisoo heaved out a breath before speaking.

"Please tell me what I did wrong."

A frown immediately formed on Junghan's face and he shook his head softly.

"There was nothing-- I mean, it's not-." Junghan groaned. "You did nothing wrong."

This only served to anger Jisoo, however, as the younger stood up from his seat and suddenly found himself on the verge of shouting as he said, "Then why have you been ignoring me!? I've barely seen you this past week, and that's saying something, considering we live in the same house!"

Junghan felt a lump form in his throat.

"Seriously Junghan, how am I supposed to make things right when you won't even tell me what's wrong?" Jisoo groaned frustratedly, as he took a step closer to Junghan. He was usually the most gentle of the boys, but the way his supposed 'best friend' had been acting the past few days had put him on edge.

Junghan clenched his fist and forced himself to look away from the other boy's burning gaze.

"You wouldn't understand."

Jisoo glowered. "Then make me understand dammit!"

A hand was placed on Jisoo's shoulder in an attempt to calm him down, but the boy swatted it away.

"How the hell am I supposed to believe whatever this-" he gestured between the two of them, "- is, has nothing to do with me, when you act perfectly fine around the other members but make this huge effort to get out of the room as soon as I'm in it!?"

Jisoo's eyes widened. "Except you've been treating Hansol like crap recently too! Oh god, Hansol! Is this about my whole having a crush on you thing? Because I don't know what Hansol told you, but if it makes you this uncomfortable, then just pretend it never happened!"

He waved his hands around frantically, a permanent blush on his face, not noticing Junghan go rigid in front of him.

"Wait. Wh-what did you just say?" Junghan asked with wide eyes.

A silence settled between them, before Jisoo blinked, realising the situation.

"Was it... was it not about my crush on you then?"

Junghan, still in shock, could only hold his breath and nod.

"Oh. Oh. Well. So you didn't know, then." Jisoo let out an awkward laugh. This was not how things were supposed to go.

"You like me?" Junghan breathed.

Jisoo flushed and looked away, but it was never like him to lie, so he gave a shy nod to the boy in front of him.

"Yeah."

The long haired boy blinked several times, as if having trouble registering Jisoo's confession.

"Oh god."

It was then Jisoo's turn to be taken aback, because that was definitely not the reaction he was hoping for.



 

This will most probably be a two shot~
I don't really know if I should continue it though haha. If this gets any readers, could you guys please tell me what you think? I don't really know if it's any good, but I'm quite happy with it myself.


Thank you for reading~ 〜( ̄▽ ̄〜)