Emerald Eyes 04

Emerald Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Done with your spacing out?" Hoya bumps against his shoulder and casually grins at Sunggyu, showing his canines.

 

Sunggyu closes his locker door, "Yah, I wasn't spacing out." He pouts at him, putting the books he has just taken out of his locker into his bag.

 

"I know, I was just messing with you," Hoya laughs, then quietens. He shoves his hands in his pockets and shrugs his shoulders. "So all okay?" Sunggyu sees genuine concern and he nods at his friend. He doesn't want to worry him more.

 

"All good," he grins, and catches Hoya in a headlock before heading to the class they share that morning.

 

When class starts and their teacher comes in, Sunggyu's face changes without his control. He is still upset with him treating Woohyun like that. Is Woohyun his own son? Sunggyu frowns into his book as he hides behind it. Before the teacher starts with his lessons though, Sunggyu perks up when he hears that the teacher has an announcement to make regarding their extra classes.

 

"I think I've covered most of the topics I've missed when I was away, so this week's lesson is the last one," he says, and Sunggyu's eyes visibly widen. His mouth gapes. No, if it's the last lesson then Sunggyu only has one last time to see Woohyun! 

 

Still in his panic, he raises his hand and suggests, "Sir, if we have a review next week, is that okay?" Sunggyu's voice falters as he's unsure of what he's saying, and there are some audible disagreements from his classmates, while others have only kept quiet.

 

"Oh, okay, it's good to hear that someone is interested in my lessons," the teacher clasps his hands together, then continues, "well so we'll go with the original plan then! Next week's the last lesson you'll have with me."

 

Sunggyu sighs in relief; but still the limited time he has to see Woohyun is bothering him. The only way he can continue seeing Woohyun is for the boy to learn to control his powers to make Sunggyu invisible from a further distance. Then again, is two weeks enough?

 

Sunggyu has to try one way or another to help Woohyun.

 

-

 

When he nears his teacher's house that Saturday, he stops behind the gates in the backyard and observes the compound. He remembers the scene he's looked at from the window in the bathroom hallway and confirms it's where he's standing now. Lifting his gaze up and shielding his eyes from the bright sun, he searches for a window, an attic window that might be Woohyun's room. His eyes land upon one, just hidden under the roof.

 

"Woohyun," he tries to call the boy through his mind. He

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter