Emerald Eyes 03

Emerald Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Luck is on his side when the maid excuses herself and Sunggyu has the hallway to himself now. He slides his classroom door open, to make it sound like he's going in and grabbing the thing he has said he's forgotten, when actually he passes the room and goes straight to slip behind the wall. He lets out a long breath after confirming that he's out of sight, when suddenly his heart does somersaults at the idea of actually going up the stairs and seeing the green eyed boy again.

 

He holds a hand over his chest, and tries to convince himself. He's already made it there so he isn't going to back out. Making a move, he walks up the stairs painfully slowly, blood now pumping in his ears. When he's finally on top of the stairs, he takes the courage to look up.

 

The boy is sleeping.

 

Should he have not come up after all?

 

He finally lets out a long exhale, heartbeat slowly going back to its normal pace as he watches the calm look on the boy's face. When his eyes are closed and his body is hidden under the blanket, he looks like a normal boy; just sleeping like a normal person should. However, when his eyes land on the chain that disappears under the blanket, it becomes a reminder that this peacefully sleeping boy isn't treated as a normal person.

 

Is the boy normal? A wave of emotion hits Sunggyu and he shakes his thought away. The boy is okay, and that's all Sunggyu is worried about. So he should go now.

 

Just as he's about to turn and leave, a voice suddenly stops him.

 

"E-Excuse me, don't go," Sunggyu turns around in panic, eyes immediately meeting sharply into the boy's green ones. Sunggyu shivers. The voice he's heard hasn't been said verbally, but spoken into Sunggyu's mind.

 

"W-what is this," Sunggyu stutters, wanting to run but his feet are keeping him still.

 

"I'm speaking to you in your head," the boy states the obvious."Don't be scared."

 

"I know! That's why I'm asking- H-how is this possible!" Sunggyu trembles and he is almost shouting.

 

"Please don't be scared. Please don't shout. They might hear you. I can't hide you if they hear you."

 

"What do you mean hide me?"

 

"Shh."

 

In a flash the boy is on the other side of the room, looking outside, the chain rattling against the headboard at the pulling force. Sunggyu tilts his head, confused at the sudden action.

 

Suddenly, there are footsteps coming from the stairs. The boy meets his eyes again, "don't make any sound."

 

Sunggyu stays as still as possible, watching, eyes widening and breath catching in his throat as his teacher comes in sight, bringing a tray of food and water.

 

"Eat your dinner and go to sleep," his teacher instructs coldly, leaving the tray on the bedside table.

 

Sunggyu's hands are pressing hard against his mouth as he watches the situation. He is standing between the boy and his teacher, but his teacher doesn't see him when he spoke to the boy. It's as if he's invisible. Is that what the boy has meant by hiding him? Sunggyu doesn't look in his teacher's directi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter