Sweets And A Promise

Brother Dearest || ABANDONED
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Sungjong, I told you to be careful! How many times did you just trip over this thing?!"

Sunggyu looks at the younger pathetically as he raises up an thick dictionary. These past few weeks, Sunggyu listed one trait to describe Sungjong. And the trait is clumsy. The young lad kept bumping and tripping on objects whenever he goes. Even if there's nothing around Sungjong, he still manages to lose his balance and this made Sunggyu dead worry. 

"Uhm. Less than 10 times?" Sungjong scratches the back of his head childishly.

"Idiot. It's like 30 times." Sunggyu scoffs and throws the dictionary behind him, carelessly and hearing a loud noise of it landing on one of his documents. The 19 year old lets out a groan and sits on his swivel chair, taking off his reading glasses then pinching the bridge of his nose. Sungjong can only stare at the older blankly and took a seat on a chair.

"Hyung."

"Yes, Sungjong?"

"Do you have a candy?"

"Oh wait, I think I do." Sunggyu puts his glasses on top of his desk then lifts his slightly to fish out 2 pieces of candy from his pants. Looking at its flavor and checking if it's Sungjong's favourite, Sunggyu picks up an piece and handles it to the 8-year old. Sungjong's eyes sparkled as if he dug up some treasure and his lips automatically curled upwards, smiling brightly as he grabs the candy and tore its wrapper then consuming the ball of sweetness. Making an satisfied sound, Sungjong feels at paradise when his tongue tastes something sugary yet slightly sour. 

Sunggyu chuckles at the sight of the younger. An happy Sungjong makes him release a laugh or even smile slightly. The melodious tone coming from his litte brother somewhat colors his surroundings into a lively scene. Sort of bringing a wave of calmness into his system, killing all his bad vibes from doing paperwork. "Is it that good?" He asks, smiling.

"Yes!" Sungjong nods his head actively, looking at Sunggyu cheerfully. Lemon candies were Sungjong's number one sweets. The reasons include one, the candies were in a small packet or a wrapper so it's portable. Two, it fits Sungjong's personality, Sunggyu says. Sweet yet sometimes sour. Perfect combination? Sungjong didn't think so.

"Well, indulge yourself. I'll just fetch myself a coffee." 

Sunggyu stands up from his chair and approaches the door then twists the knob, pulling it open and walks out of his office, casually. 'Sungjong can take care of himself well...' Sunggyu thought, shoving his hand in his pocket as he takes steps towards the canteen area. Slowly halting his steps, his mind starts imagining all sorts of things that'll po

Please log in to read the full chapter