Share (Our) Stories

Brother Dearest || ABANDONED
Please log in to read the full chapter

Sunggyu's mother instincts starts kicking in his system as Sunggyu immediately rushes towards the weeping child and squats down, taking a peek of the child's face. The 19-year old was very surprised by the young child's appearance. Such flawless skin and beautiful brown eyes, a well-formed nose and pink plump lips. Though the child's hair is somehow short, like an average boy's hair length.

Sunggyu's now confused with the young one's uality.

But that doesn't mind. He has to make the child's cries go away.

"Uhm, hello there... Please stop crying." Sunggyu cooes gently and holds the younger's small hand. The boy lifts his chin to look at Sunggyu's face with his glistening eyes that were full of tears. Sunggyu shushes the child softly and pulls him into a loose hug. "Cry all you want... Make all those pain you're experiencing fade away..."

With that, the younger releases his heart's content, clinging toward Sunggyu's shirt while sobbing shamelessly. Sunggyu, being in the awkward position of holding a crying boy, he slowly rubs the boy's back, making little circles. The 19 year old remembers what he did to a orphan at a time like this—

"Please don't cry, Riri-ah. Gyugyu oppa is here!" 8-year old Sunggyu reassures while hugging the small girl loosely. "G-Gyugyu oppa.. She stole my doll!" Riri whimpers and sniffles, making a little hissy fit in Sunggyu's embrace. 

"Hmm... Do you want Gyugyu oppa to hum a little melody? Hmm?"

Finally catching Riri's attention, the little girl's cries began to quiet down, staring at the older's small eyes with her large ones. "Gyugyu oppa knows music...?" Riri asks, curiously while wiping away her tears. "Of course! I'm the amazing, shining Gyugyu oppa!" Sunggyu proudly lifts his chin up and carries the little girl, supporting her weight in his arms. Riri lets out a little giggle and pokes Sunggyu's cheek. "Hamster Gyugyu oppa, can you hum the melody?"

Sunggyu, being the nice one, begins to hum, his vocal cords vibrating as he did so. Producing a joyful melody by his voice, he manage to make Riri smile and clap her tiny hands. "Waah! It's amazing~" Riri smiles brightly, her cries long gone. Sunggyu pats Riri's head lightly and chuckles. "I have the magic to make people's cries disappear?" "Yes! Gyugyu oppa is amazing!"

"Uhm... Do you want me to cheer you up?"

"H-How?" The boy stutters weakly, his tears freely dropping from his eyes.

"I'll sing you a song. Only if you stop crying for a little while." Sunggyu curves his lips into a small smile then fishes out his handkerchief from his pocket then giving it to the younger. The boy hesitates, staring at the cloth on Sunggyu's hands. "It doesn't have chloroform and do I look harmful to you?" Sunggyu pulls back from the hug then points to himself, his lips pursed into a pout.

The boy swiftly grabs the handkerchief and wipes his tears then blows his nose a bit, in a childish way and glances up to the older.

"You look like a hamster. And look, I'm not crying. Sing now, ahjusshi."

"Why you little—"

"Truth hurts." The boy lets out a soft chuckle and nods slowly. "What's your name and age, ahjusshi?" The younger gets up, staggering a bit then picks up the shoebox and gathers its contents scattered on the pathway. Sunggyu dismisses the nickname and grabs an small transparent ball with an little pink and white house inside of it. "My name is Kim Sunggyu... I'm 19 years old.." Sunggyu murmurs as he stares at the ball silently.

"Let's live in a house together!" Woohyun smiles widely as he hugs the older close, pointing to a house that has the shade of pastel pink and with a white roof over it.

"Lee Sungjong. 8 years old." Sungjong hums softly and picks up an little doll then stuffs it inside the shoebox he's carrying. Sunggyu nods slowly then handles Sungjong the little ball. "Why are you here alone? Don't you know what will happen to you at these hours?" Sunggyu said, glancing down at his watch then looking at the boy. Sungjong releases an heavy sigh and grabs the ball.

"I ran away." Sungjong nods and gestures to his backpack and his stroller bag.

Sunggyu was stunned. An 8-year old, running away from home alone? That was unbelievable for Sunggyu! He stares at the younger in disbelief, who was putting the ball inside the rectangular box properly then covering the shoebox with its lid. Sungjong takes a glance over at Sunggyu then looks away, timidly.

"May I ask why?"

"My parents are crazy. Literally and mentally crazy. They abused me 24/7 of my 8 years of living." 

Sungjong answers meekly, pulling down his long sleeves to cover his bruises and grips on the stroller's handle. Sunggyu frowns beyond hearing the younger's reply. Does a child that young deserved to be treated like that? Is he even loved? Who took care of him? Sunggyu mentally asks himself when his eyes travelled Sungjong's body. 

Sungjong was wearing an red-white long sleeved sweater with an polo shirt underneath, an long, 3-inches below the knee skirt, maroon ankle length socks and white shoes. Sunggyu was baffled at Sungjong's attire. He was a boy, he knew but why is he wearing such feminine clothes?

"Do you want

Please log in to read the full chapter