Recalling The Past

Brother Dearest || ABANDONED
Please log in to read the full chapter

[ One heck of a long chapter, I guess? e.e ] + [ Italized for PAST and Original to PRESENT - Author ] 

" Umma!!! Appa!!!" 

5 year old Sunggyu screams at the burning building in front of him, his tears cascading down his chubby cheeks. A fire has just started not long after, slowly burning his once-perfect home. His dream of living with his parents until he had gotten a good future to take care of them were long gone. His parents' bodies were probably burning into ashes in the large fire. ' Why did Umma and Appa have to die? ' Sunggyu thought while staring at the hot yellow-ish orange aura then getting dragged away by one of the firefighters. Sunggyu's cries were ignored then left him sitting on the ground, watching the fire flare as it hits the colorless liquid called water. Sunggyu throws an tantrum, kicking his feet on the ground while crying his heart's content. It was too much pain for him to handle. 

" Now, little boy... Calm down. " An soft voice calls out for the younger boy then bends his knees to lift the younger up and carry him, shushing him.

" U-Umma... A-Appa d-died!!" Sunggyu shamefully mourns and continues his pitiful cry, throwing his arms around the person's neck, hugging the person tightly.

" I know... A loved one of mine also died in that fire too..." The older male nods his head slowly and pats Sunggyu's back, comforting him. " They'll always watch you grow even if you can't see, hear and smell them... You can always feel their presence in every moment of your life. " The older says in a reassuring tone, rocking his arms up and down a bit. Sunggyu sniffles and loosens his hug on the other male to look at him, his small, puffy and teary eyes staring at the older.

" R-Really, A-Ahjusshi? " Sunggyu sniffles again, snot dripping down his nose then disappearing on his jacket, making a small patch of wet sticky green stuff on that certain area. 

" I'm sure of it. " The person flashes a bright smile and ruffles Sunggyu's hair messily, making the younger chuckle weakly.

"What is ahjusshi's name...." Sunggyu unknowingly said his thought out loud, blinking stupidly as he continues to stare at the older, who was currently smiling brightly. Curiosity hit Sunggyu hard. Of course, the younger wants to know and maybe ask a few questions about the older male that resembles an huge dinosaur in his visual image of him. 'Strange.' Sunggyu blinks.

" Ahjusshi's name is Jang Dongwoo. " Dongwoo pinches Sunggyu's cheek and pretended to be an dinosaur. " And Dong Dino is going to eat hamster. Rawr. " Dongwoo impersonates the fictional animal by moving his jaw, opening his mouth then closing it as if he's eating. Sunggyu scrunches up his face then protectively out-stretch his arms, resting his little baby-like hands on Dongwoo's cheeks.

" Nooo. " The hamster-like kid childishly says, shaking his head from side-to-side then repeatedly pokes Dongwoo's cheeks.

The 19 year old shifts his weight to his opposite side on the mattress, trembling slightly at the dream he is having. He though he'll be getting those undisturbed peaceful sleep he longs for a long time after overworking himself. Sunggyu grips on his pillow and unconsciously whimpers in his slumber. Then an new scene resumes in his visual dream.

" Saengil Chukka Hamnida, Gyugyu!"

Dongwoo claps his hands together then happily laughs with the other younger kids as he watches the now 10 year old Sunggyu beams in glee while leaning forward to the birthday cake in front of him, resting his hands on the table then closes his eyes, saying his wish in his mind before blowing the candles, earning cheers from the kids in the orphanage;

= Flashback=

Recently in his 6 years old, Dongwoo s

Please log in to read the full chapter