Chapter 5

Because It's You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s been a month since the third anniversary’s small celebration at the hospital, and Jackson haven’t get any better, his condition remain the same as before. But as usual, Youngji and Minho never absent for taking care of him.

That night, Youngji in the hospital all by herself because Minho have an important group assignment to be done by tomorrow. Actually, she’s not alone, although the body hasn’t move an inch, but Jackson’s spirit never stop wandering that room and do all of things to make Youngji aware that he’s still there. But, it never worked anyway. At the end, all the Jackson’s spirit can do just be there, watching Youngji talks to his soulless body.

Why do you look so thin Youngji-ya?It’s not right you worried about me this much and forget about taking care of yourself. It made my heart hurts. The girl that I really love looks this miserable. Mianhae, this is all my fault. I should be the one who taking care of you. Babo, Wang Jackson.

“Wang Jackson, my Jackson, when it’s the time you finally wake up, let’s do all of the things that you wrote on our bucket list. We’ve done mine these two years and you put aside yours. So it’s the time for me to accompany you doing all of your crazy dreams in your bucket list.”

Youngji scanning their so called bucket list note with their picture all smiley at the front. She opens it silently. The first page filled with their pictures at the amusement park. Actually they bought the note there, and had an idea to made it as their journey note since then. Kind of cheesy, but that’s so them.

Right when my soul back to my body, I’ll bring you there again. I promise, Youngji-ya.

Jackson peeking from the back of Youngji’s shoulder. He wish he could say that promise out loud.

Youngji’s hand turn the note to the page 2. There’s a big title on the top of the note, ‘Youngji’s Bucket List’ with some mushroom doodles around it. All her handwriting, exactly her 10 wishes, had the check marks beside. They’ve done it all in about two years. A small smile formed on Youngji’s face. She wouldn’t have done it all if it was without Jackson by her side. Then her eyes move to the next page. There’s those messy handwriting with weird doodles all around it that says ‘Jackson’s Wild and y Bucket List’.

“Why should you always say yourself wild and y wherever and whenever, Jackson-ah?”

She smile for a bit.

Because I am. Why would you ask about the obvious thing, Youngji-ya? The spirit move away to the front. He’s now facing her lovely girlfriend, too bad she can look back right at him. The spirit turn his focus to his own handwriting, scanning his own bucket list whit no check marks at all.

Let’s all do mine this year,Youngji-ya. I have fabulous wishes, right? The spirit looks lovingly at the girl in front of him.

“You have some incredible wishes, aren’t you? I really looking forward to do it soon, Jackson-ah!”

Her index finger moving from one point to another, pointing Jackson

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter