Chapter 2 - The Situation

The Voice of your Heart

"I'm sorry to say this, but it seems that she's suffering from a case of temporary amnesia," the doctor said. "She seems to still remember basic human etiquette such as the language and social behavior, but she appears to have no recollection of personal memories including the people she knew and even her own identity." The stranger sat there in shock. Amnesia? But what was he supposed to do about that? He didn't even know who she was!

"I understand, Doctor, but the thing is, I don't know who she is. We collided by accident and I just brought her here because I was responsible for her injury. I can't help her regain her memories or anything like that!" 
The doctor sighed and responded, "I'm sorry to say this but there's nothing I can do about that. All I can do is treat her injury. Fortunately, it's not a serious case. Her brain is just in shock right now, so she should regain her memories on her own in time."
"In time? How much time does she need?" 
"That I cannot say. All I can say is that after I treat her injury, you will have to her out to whatever place because there are a lot of emergency patients waiting to be treated. I'm sorry I can't help you."
 
God, oh god. How was he supposed to deal with this situation? The man paced back and forth, pondering on what he should do. Taking a deep breath, he decided to go with his gut feeling. 
He walked into your room and sat down. You looked up at him with anxiety, still shocked at what was happening. 
He shook his head and you knew that he didn't have anything good to tell you. 
"The doctor said that you have a case of temporary amnesia. You're supposed to regain your memories with time but it's uncertain when or how long it'll take for that to happen."
You sat there, speechless. You dropped your head trying to take it in. You knew it was happening, but even as you were told it didn't hit you that this was reality. 
The man looked up and offered his hand. "But everything put aside let me introduce myself. You don't even know who I am, right? Well, I'm Lee Hongbin."
You looked up and tentatively took his hand. He couldn't be a bad person. He may have caused the incident, but he took responsibility for his actions and is even taking the time to explain things to you. 
"I would introduce myself too but... Yeah I don't even know my name." You laughed humorlessly. 
He sighed. "Yeah but that can't be helped. At least that means you can choose your own name right now right?" He smiled, and for a moment it didn't even matter that you were lost as hell. How could someone turning the corners of their lips up look so beautiful?
"I suppose so..." You said. "But what kind of name suits me? I don't think I'm too good with these kind of things..."
He chuckled and thought it over a bit. "What about Jin Kyeong? You seem like a bright person."
You smiled at the name. Precious brightness. Like starlight. "I really like that. Well I guess I have my new temporary name." You smiled at each other awkwardly and laughed. Then it dawned on you. "Wait... So what happens now? I'm pretty sure I have to leave the hospital soon but... Where do I go?" 
Hongbin sighed and ran a hand through his hair. "Yeah that's what I've been thinking about. I have an idea but I'll have to run it through my manager first. Let me see what he says. I'll be back."
You nodded and laid back down. Wait a second, he has a manager? What in the world does this guy do? Well I mean, he does look like a model...
Hongbin walked outside and spotted who he was looking for. "Hyung!"
After a scolding, they discussed Hongbin's idea and went to your room. 
When you met his manager you stuttered your greeting and bowed awkwardly. 
"Okay so here's the best plan we have. Although I really don't want to go along with it, I'll just have to talk to the CEO privately. JinKyeong-sshi. When you are discharged, let's go to the police right away so we can report a found lost person. Afterwards, the only we can do is have you stay with us temporarily while we wait for you to either regain your memories or be found by your family. What do you think?" 
Your head was spinning from trying to process everything, and the ache in your head was not helping, but you nodded anyway. "Sounds good to me."
"There is only one condition to this," Manager-nim added. "You cannot reveal anything about this situation to anyone but your family, and they must also keep this secret. It would be a mess if the media found out about this."
Seeing the confused look on your face, Hongbin chuckled and said, "I'm actually an idol, part of the group called VIXX. Keep this a secret okay?" He added with a wink. 
Your brain exploded. Okay so the dude that you've been talking to is a famous celebrity and he wants you to stay with him for an indefinite amount of time. And he just winked at you. WHAAAAAT. 
"Um yeah, uh, okay. It's not like I have anyone to tell at the moment anyway," you laughed nervously. 
Manager-nim slapped his hands on his thighs and announced, "Alright well then we'll head over to the dorms after you're done with your checkups and I'll go talk to the CEO right away."
You still couldn't believe this was actually happening. You stared blankly at the wall, holding the necklace around your neck in your fingers, the only trace you had left of your original identify. You looked up and met eyes with Hongbin. He smiled at you and you just felt your heartbeat skyrocket. You're staying with this angel-looking artwork until you gain your memories? You groaned and buried your face in your hands. How in the world were you going to survive from now on?