Chapter 1 - The Meeting

The Voice of your Heart

You took a deep breath and inhaled the fresh air of a foreign country. You turned to your boyfriend next to you and smiled, seeing him do exactly what you were doing. 

"Oppa, can we get jjajangmyeon for lunch?" You asked, giving him your best puppy dog eyes. 
He sighed and gave you a smile. "Of course you would want to get jjajangmyeon once we arrived. Alright alright, but first let's head home to put all our luggage down." You nodded in agreement. You wanted to get this heavy baggage off your hands as soon as possible.
Whoosh!
Suddenly, before you even realized what was happening, a man ran past you and snatched your belongings. "What the--? Oh my god, a thief!" Your boyfriend immediately ran after the thief and you were left standing there, shocked and out of breath. You didn't realize it, but Seoul was indeed a scary place. 
You sighed, trying to calm yourself. "It's okay, he'll catch the thief and everything will be fine. We'll go home and everything will be just as we planned." You sighed again, wishing such an unfortunate turn of events hadn't happened. Why you? Why today? Today of all days...
Today was kind of a big deal for you. You and your boyfriend had traveled to Korea this summer to meet his family for the first time. You two had met in high school and had just celebrated your fifth anniversary together. It was about time to meet the whole family and discuss marriage. 
You were excited. Well, of course you were, you were going to meet your boyfriend's family in real life instead of chatting over Skype. But in addition to that, you were in Korea. KOREA of all countries! Korea, where VIXX, your favorite boys of all time, were. It was crazy knowing that you were breathing in the same air as them, walking on the same ground as them. 
But on this special day, something like this just had to happen... You shook your head and looked around you. Here you were in Seoul like you had always dreamed to be... And you were immediately made a target of a thief. How great. 
You sighed, closing your eyes as you touched the necklace you received as an anniversary gift to calm yourself before heading over to a nearby bench to wait. 
"Sorry, sorry, please move aside, SORRY!"
Before you could even register the words, you turned around only to be met with a crazy fast man running straight at you. 
Oh crap. Not again. 
BAM!
The collision knocked the breath out of you and as you were falling, you internally kicked yourself. Great. After the thief comes a crazy dude running into me. Could my day get any worse? And suddenly everything went black. 
 
", , !" The man who bumped into you cursed as he looked back at his pursuers. They were catching up fast, and he needed to get away. But then he looked down at you and widened his eyes. 
Blood. There was blood on the ground where your head was. When he knocked into you, he sent you flying to the ground headfirst, and you were out cold. 
"Does anyone here know who this is? Does anyone know if she was with anyone?!" He looked around and called out to the public in panic, but everyone just walked along, ignoring his desperate pleas. 
He needed to do something. Taking you with him was incredibly risky, but he couldn't just leave you here...
Cursing under his breath, he picked you up and dialed a phone number as he began to run again. "Hyung, can you come pick me up at the corner of the tapioca shop you took me to? I need to go to the hospital asap!"
 
Meanwhile, your boyfriend finally made it back to the area where you were waiting after you left for the hospital. He approached the spot where you were standing and dropped the luggage in shock. You were nowhere in sight, and in your place was a pool of blood that gave him a very, very bad feeling. 
 
Your eyes fluttered open to a bright white light. You looked around, finding yourself in an unfamiliar room with a killer headache. You tried to sit up, holding your hand to your head as you groaned with pain. You turned to your right and met eyes with a stranger you'd never seen before. 
"Are you okay? How are you feeling?" He looked into your eyes tentatively, his husky voice melting in your ears. Your breath stopped, taking in his beauty. You couldn't recognize this stranger, but he was beautiful, like an artwork. His face was perfectly sculpted, and his voice was rich like honey. 
Realizing that he was staring at you, waiting for an answer, you quickly stuttered, "Uh-um, I guess I'm okay. My head hurts though. It really hurts actually." You winced as you touched a sensitive spot on your scalp. 
You looked up at him and paused. "Um... May I ask who you are?" 
Upon your question, he grimaced a bit and bowed his head. "I'm really, really sorry. A while ago, there were some people chasing me, and while running away I accidentally bumped into you. I know a sorry won't heal your wound, but I still wanted to apologize." 
Hmm. Strange. Why didn't you remember this turn of events? Wait a second...
The stranger looked up at you. "Do you... Not recognize who I am?"
At this you shook your head. You felt a sense of panic beginning to swell up inside of you. "Sorry, but I don't recognize you... And this might sound crazy but... I don't think I even recognize myself. Who am I?"
You looked at each other wide eyes as you both realized the situation. Oh . We're ed.