Three

The Road To Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I greet my colleagues, exchanging support and promises to keep in contacts. Today, finally I’m discharge from army. Two years I’ve spent without my family, without Joohyun, I can’t believe I can go through this and finally coming back.

My parents picked me up, along with Joohyun’s parents. I searched for her, but there’s no traces of her. I sigh in dissapointed...

“Joohyun is in Jeju, going on vacation with Jonghyun...” My mom said, like she know that I searched for her...

“Ah...” I responded.

So, she’s still with Jonghyun. 

Through my two years in the camp, Joohyun just sent me one letter. The letter that said she missed me and she find the days was boring when she realized that I’m not there to play with her. That one letter, till now will always be the dearest to me. I treasure my parents’ letter, but Joohyun’s will be the one and only I read everynights, to kept me strong in my trainings.

“Look who’s coming...” My mom snapped me from my thought..

I look confusedly at her and followed her eyes’ direction..

Yuna?

She smile shyly as she approached me...

“Oppa... How do you do?” She ask with low tone.

I was stunned for a moment before smile at her... “I’m great..”

Wanting to leave the two of us alone, the elders told me that they will wait in the car...

“You lost so much weight...” Yuna said...

I chuckled... “It’s so difficult to lived here...”

She just smile..

I stare at her. It’s really been a long time. I lost contacted with her, no... I was the one who kept avoided her. Untill the time I was about to enter the camp, I didn’t met her at all. I don’t know why but I feel scared of seeing her..

“It’s been a long time since I see you...” I said..

She glare at me... “You were the one who didn’t want to see me!”

I swallowed hard...

She then burst into laughter... “Why are you so panic? I’m just joking..”

“Wooohh... Yonghwa!!!”

I heard the loud cheers behind me, so I look back and see Jinwoon, my roomate approached...

“Your girlfriend?” Jinwoon asked...

I shook my head...

“Ex-girlfriend..” Yuna is the one who answered...

“Oh... Are you the one who sent him that one and only letter?” Jinwoon asked again...

I widened my eyes...

“De?”

“Yonghwa always treasured that letter more than anything. So, you were the sender?”

I can see Yuna blinks confusedly...

“Yah yah... Junsu is calling for you!” I said and shoo him away...

“Y-you.. Have someone else, oppa?” Yuna ask carefuly..

I look at her calmly and shook my head... “No”

“But you have someone you like?”

I had someone I like since kid, even when I was in relationship with you...

She clearly shows her dissapointment seeing I’m not answering... 

She inhale deeply... “Let’s go, we already cook so many things for you.” She said as she grab my hand. I just let her and following her...

The cheers from my friends become louder seeing I walk while holding hand with Yuna

“Will wait for your wedding invitation!” Jinwoon screamed.

I just laughed it off and waved at them....

..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

I passed the test in one of the biggest firm as a lawyer. My parents were so happy and proud. Joohyun hug me excitedly and promised me she would gave me a nice gift.

Nice gift? Going on vacation with her, Jonghyun and Yuna to Jeju island? It’s really a nice gift, but why she had to do this? She know I was so awkward with Yuna. And I don’t want to witness anything relate to her and Jonghyun ever again.

Jonghyun make me join their family’s lawyer team as his gift for me, his parents agreed immediatelly. I was so thankful, so when he beg me to come, I didn’t have any choice.

 

I stared at the dark beach infront of me. Sitting at one of the gazebo, alone at the dark night. I suddenly missing my camp. I chuckled, it was so difficult for me, I kept hoping I would discharge quickly and two years felt like wo hundrends years. But now, I missed that time when I didn’t have any worries except for the hard trainings. I take my phone, intend to call Jinwoon when suddenly someone tapped my back. I turned and saw Yuna smiling at me...

“What are you doing here?” She ask as she sit beside me.

I put back my phone and smile at her... “Just thinking.”

“What are you thinking?”

“Stuffs...”

“Can’t sleep?”

I shook my head... “Don’t want to sleep.”

She sigh heavily and look up at the stars... “Oppa, you would be a great lawyer someday.”

I stare at her and smile... “I hope too..”

“Your future wife surely will be the happiest girl alive.” Her tone sound desperate... “I’ve tried to move on from you. I went to blind dates and met guys my friend introduced to me. But still... Maybe I’m just a fool. I should hate you, you break up with me without clear reason. I really should hate you. But... iIm a fool. Really stupid.”

I swallowed hard...

“Who is she? The girl you wish to be your wife? The girl that always live inside your heart?”

I widened my eyes. My heart beating fast. She know? Yuna knows about my feelings towards Joohyun? What if she tell Joohyun about it? So many thought run on my mind...

“Who is she, oppa?”

I gulped and try to calm my heart before shooking my head weakly...  “None. I don’t think that far yet..” I lied while avoding her eyes...

“Can it be me?”

I widened my eyes...

“For you, maybe I’m just a silly girl who has no shame. It’s okay. I’m a thick skin and shameless. I... I’ve really tried to forget you, and I don’t know who should I blame when I failed completely. I’m screwed. I want only you.”

“Y-yuna yah... I reall-“

She cuts me by pressing her lips on mine

 

..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

 

“Don’t go~”

I grin at her as she busy tying my tie..

“I will miss you so much~” Again, she showed her aegyo..

“God, Yuna.. I’m just going to work. I will be free started from tomorrow.”

She kiss my neck.. “Can it just started from today? I don’t want you to leave me..”

“I have my final court this morning. And then I will take my absent.”

“But I will really miss you. Really really miss you..”

I cup her face, I can see how she mean every words she says. It’s so rare seeing her this clingy, she’s never been like this. Maybe, it’s just her hormones. She’s already in her last stage of pregnancy.. Our baby will born this month.

I give her a kiss and she is the one who didn’t want to broke the kiss. I giggled when she tried to pushed me and ing my shirt. I stopped her hands and keep giving her kisses until I find it enough and I almost late for work..

I peck her forehead and tidying my shirt by myself.. “I will come home as fast as I could, and please give me this wild Yuna once I get home later..” I tease as I wink at her...

She pout and ignore me. She walk and sit towards her study and continue what’s she’s doing with her pen..

Her reaction distracted me much, she’s not like herself today. 

“What are you doing?” 

“Enough. Just go, you will be late..” She said flatly

I chuckled and walk towards her. I see her writing a letter on the pink sheets.. “For who?” I ask as I wrapped my arms around her..

“For my baby”

“Pink? So, a daughter?”

She stiffened. Oh, I guess I’m right. Yuna knows what’s our baby’s gender and she persistent to not telling me so it can be a surprise for me.

She hit my arm.. “Just pretend to not know will you?!”

I laugh out loud.. “Arraseo. Who’s care? Boy or girl, I will love them anyway.”

“Oppa, don’t leave me~”

I kiss her cheek.. “I wont ever leave you, Yuna. I promise. But today, I have a work to finished. I will come home as fast as I can, really..”

She sigh heavily. It makes me worried. Doctor said, she will gave birth at the end of this month. I guess, she just being sensitive. I shouldn’t worried much..

“I also don’t want to leave you..” She mumbled..

I smile.. “We wont leave each others. We will live together until we die. Arraseo..”

She pout and slowly nod.. “I will really live with you until I die..”  She sigh heavily... “Arraseo. Now go, before I lock the door to prevent you from leaving!”

“Seriously.. You love me that much?”

She nod confidently..

I chuckled as I peck her temple.. “I love you too..”

“Liar..” She mumbled again..

I blinks... “Ah, do you want me to buy something for you?”

She nod.. “Can I call Joohyun to accompany me at home? You can buy some Gogumas when you get home, for Joohyun.”

I stiffened at the mention of Joohyun but I used to quickly composed myself.. “Do as you want. Or, you can call ommoni to accompanying you if Joohyun can’t. I will buy Gogumas later, for you..”

She nod.. “De. Be careful, oppa..”

I peck her head but before I steps, she grab my arms and stand infront of me. Her hands then caressed my cheek and trailing my face. She often did this on bed, memorizing my face with her fingertips. I giggled, enjoying her fingers touching my skin..

“Take care.” She said and kiss my cheek..

“I’m going. Be careful at home..” 

She nod and I quickly leave the house for works.

..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

 

I finished my final court for today with a good result. Now, I can go home with no burden about my clients. I get my childcare leave for two month. I think it’s enough to help Yuna and focus to take care of our baby...

I tidied my room before I prepare to leave. It’s lunch time and I plan to eat my lunch at office canteen, with my employees. Suddenly I heard someone knocked on my door..

“Yes..” I signaling

“Do you have time?” 

The familiar voice make me look up right away. I widened my eyes, seeing Seo Joohyun standing at the doorway, waiting for my answer..

“You want to go somewhere?” She ask again..

Need a minute for me to find my voice again, it’s been a while since I see her. The last time was when she came to our house and I end up hurting her... 

“W-why are you here?”

“Oh.. I need your help. You are my lawyer after all..”

“Help? Did something happened?”

She close the door and steps closer to my table... “You’re not busy, right?”

I nod...

“If you want to get your lunch first, it’s okay. I can wait..”

“You had your lunch already?”

She shook her head..

“Let’s go. Let’s talk while having lunch..”

I bring her to the canteen. She look so quiet and keep looking down as if she’s thinking about something heavy. We ate in silence, sometimes I notice how she just staring blankly at her food...

“What happened?” I ask...

She sigh deeply and smile at me... “Nothing. I just want you to come with me and help me studying a contract..”

I frown.. “What contract?”

“I want join this fashion business owned by my friend. I have to bring you to studying the contract I need to signed.”

“You want to do a business?”

“I was a business student..” She said in a matter of fact..

I know it. And I also know what’s her main reason to majored in business. Of course, it’s because she wanted to be closer to her boyfriend, now husband.

I sigh and continue to eat my food... “Did Jonghyun know? And he agreed?”

“O-of course..”

I look up and frown at her awkward tone..

“You will come with me, right?”

I nod... “Of course I have to come. Jonghyun pay me as his family’s lawyer every year..”

She smile in relieve.

There’s still awkward atmosphere fly in the air between us. She seems cautious to talk to me and often looking blanky. I’m dying to know so I asked her, but she only answered it short and simple and I can’t even get the answer I want. Sometimes I stare at her and notice how pale she looks despite the make up she wears. Now, I even notice she wear make up a bit much compared to how she usually did. 

We get on separated cars on our way. She drove her own car and refused to just leaving her car at my office. Well, it’s for  better. I entertained myself... 

“Did Yuna called you earlier?” I ask when we meet at the mall’s parking lot

“De. She asked me to come over. But, I had an appointment already...”

I nod. Yuna probably already call hers or my mother. I was worried with her unusual behaviour this moning. It’s strange how these two women acted so differently today..

..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

 

We met her friend at one of the cafe in this mall. Since they’re friends, they don’t want a formal meeting. 

I read the contract her friend gave to me. Her friend is a familiar American-Korean girl who already has steady business in New York and LA with her fashion brand, still not that big though. She decided to opened the branch in Korea to expanded her brand in Asia and Joohyun offered to join in. I just need

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter