Vulnerable

Broken crayons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Kai, will you play with meeeee?” Dara asked, walking to the stoic boy. The boy didn’t reply.

 

 

“Swings!” Dara happily skipped towards the swing and sat down. Kai casually walked until he was standing behind her.

 

 

“Kai! Are you not going to swiiiinnnnngggg~” Dara asked. Kai just smirked and give her back a gentle push causing Dara to exaggerate the word “swing.” Dara smiled to herself at Kai’s kind gesture. His warm hands send tingles to Dara’s back.

 

 

Today was a perfect day. Dara is happy because she hadn’t seen Kai for a few days because he was sick.

 

 

“Are you feeling better now Kai?” she asked with concern. Kai gave her a small nod as she turned her back to face him. “Good! I’m glad because I missed you.” She smiled brightly. Kai will never admit it of course but he really loves her smile. More than anything really.

 

 

“Your hair grew.” He commented. Dara just smiled again.

 

 

“Omma said that long hair makes a girl pretty and so..soph..sophisticated.” the seven year-old Dara pronounced carefully.  She proudly smiled because she is able to accomplish such a difficult  feat. “Do I look pretty?” she asked.

 

 

“Hn.” Sasuke nodded with a little blush on his cheeks but her back was facing him so she did not see the little nod of the boy.

 

 

“Thank you.” Dara replied. Kai’s head snapped up. Sakura turned back again and look at his eyes.

 

 

“But—“

 

 

“Kai~ I’ve been dealing with your silent responses for like our whole life. Well, almost. Five out of our whole seven years! So I think I know when you’re saying yes or when you’re saying no. Besides, nest friend should know each other inside and out right?” Dara said frankly. Kai’s eyes softened. Best Friends..

 

 

“Yes, you’re right. I suppose.” He decided. Dara always wonder how her best friend learned how to pronounce big words easily. He is smart, she knew. And he knew a lot of big things.

 

 

“Well then, if be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter