Chapter One.

Broken crayons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Uhm, Kai-oppa, can I borrow your crayons?” a five-year old Dara asked. Kai looked back at her then to his colorful crayons then looked back at her again. He sighed and picked up the blue one.

 

 

“Okay. Just make sure you’ll return it okay?” Dara smiled and nodded then rushed back to her table. She placed the crayon on her pencil case and took out her own blue crayon. She scribbled on a few lines so it will look that it is used. Then she beamed and ran back to where Kai is sitting.

 

 

“Thank you Kai-oppa!” She smiled at her then thankfully bowed.

 

 

“Whatever.”

 

 

Dara then walked away with a playful grin on her face. Now, Kai-oppa’s crayon is mine!

 

 

A fifteen year old Dara lay on a bed with her head hanging off the edge. She had her earbuds in her ears and her head bobbed to the beat of the music. Her long hair hung loosely over the bed dangling to the floor.

 

 

Kai, on the other hand, was sitting at a desk, typing something on his laptop. His fingers tapped his keyboard quickly.

 

 

Dara looked at his slender back and noticed his precise posture. She sat up abruptly and she tried to imitate his sitting position. Much to her dismay, she can’t do it. There was a silence draped over the atmosphere but it is not awkward. It is comforting. It is them.

 

 

“Kai?” Dara asked quietly, while she gets her earbuds off her ears. Kaia didn’t even flinch but he heard a low grumble from his throat signing for her to continue. Well, she assumed.

 

 

“Aren’t you slightly nervous for starting sophomore this year? I mean, there will be more drama this year? Are you not nervous or s-scared?” Dara stated. Kai just shrugged and shook his head. Dara just sighed because she knew that that’s the only answer she can get from this guy.

 

 

“Do you know how to speak?” Dara neared her face towards him. Kai turned his gaze away from his laptop and looked at her.

 

 

“I’m not worried about anything. Besides, I never get involved with drama.” He smirked at her after he captured her lips.

 

 

Dara watched detachedly as Kai walked past her with his arm around some girl’s waist. She sighed remembering the good old days and began to wonder where things went wrong. Kai and Dara. In their entire life they had been paired together. Inseparable. Now he wouldn’t even spare her a glance. Where did things go wrong? Well she knew exactly what went wro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter