Chapter 8

My History Teacher.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"So where were you?", SeoHyeon asked me with her arms crossed over her chest.

I looked at my watch, hoping that school started soon so I had an excuse to end the conversation. Unfortunately for me, there was still ten minutes before the first bell rung.

"Nowhere… it was just a big misunderstanding.", I said while avoiding eye contact with her.

"Eun Ji, you are my best friend, I know when you are lying. Why won't you tell me?" I silently questioned myself why I didn't tell her, she has kept all of my secrets my whole life. I finally sighed, giving in.

"Fine, I'll tell you, but swear to me that you won't tell a soul." SeoHyeon nodded. "I swear!" I leaned in a little closer to her, making sure no one heard.

"I was at Mr.Wu's house." Her eyebrows scrunched together.

"He was tutoring you all weekend…?"

"No… he is sorta my boyfriend.", I said, embarrassed that I didn't tell her sooner. I was waiting for her to make her usual erted comment, but it never came.

"Are you sure he isn't just using you?" I was so appalled that my best friend would say something so rude. I felt the need to stick up for Kris.

"I am positive. He is so sweet and when-", I stopped myself right before I told her about how he wanted me to wait before sleeping with him.

In my head, I continued the conversation, mentioning how kind, and caring he is, how unbelievably y and cute he is, how great a personality he has.

At that moment, I realized what I had been missing all along. I am in love with Kris. Completely, and utterly in love with him. I decided that today would be the perfect day to tell him, a way of thanking him for the previous weekend. I didn't tell SeoHyeon everything that was going through my mind, but I wanted to tell her one little detail.

"I love him." Before she could say anything, the bell rung, signaling school had begun.

All throughout the day, my mind drifted to planning what I would say to my boyfriend, how I would confess the feelings I had for him. SeoHyeon and I didn't speak more about the subject, we both seemed to be in our own little worlds, both of us completely consumed into what was going through our minds. I was so anxious to see Kris, and when the period before lunch ended, I rushed to my history teacher's room. There he was, sitting at his desk, clad in a navy sweater and jeans. When I walked over to him, he looked up from his computer to me. I saw a huge grin wash over his mouth.

"I missed you.", Kris said ever so quietly, so the few other students eating in his class couldn't hear him.

"I missed you more." I was about tell him the feelings for him that I was holding in, but I chose to wait until later, when we were alone in his apartment.

For twenty more minutes, Kris and I quietly talked among ourselves, until the phone on his desk started to ring. My teacher reluctantly left my gaze to pick up the phone.

"Hello, Mr.Wu's room… yup… okay, I will be there in a minute." H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter