Chapter 13

My History Teacher.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I totally forgot, this Friday is the Parent-Teacher conferences. Will your parents be there? I would love to meet them!" Kris completely froze, but regained his cool a few moments later.

He looked at me, searching for something to say. He finally turned back to my mom and gave her the best smile he could come up with.

"Yep, they'll be there." He said one more goodbye, and walked down the pathway to his car.

I quickly ran up to my room, thinking of a way to get us out of the sticky situation. I grabbed my phone and texted Kris

"Use your smart teacher brain and think of a plan! xx". I paced around my room, waiting for the familiar ringtone to go of. Two minutes later, I heard my phone chime.

"I'm thinking. I'll let you know when I have an idea. I promise you everything will be alright. I love you too much to let you go. xx"

I smiled. Kris always knew how to calm me down. I was just about to reply, when there was a knock at my door. I quickly put my phone in my pocket and went over to open the door, revealing my mom.

"Hi sweetie. Can I talk to you?" I nodded, curious to hear what she was about to say. We walked over to my bed and sat on the edge.

"I know that in relationships, partners get physical. I want you to be safe and have protected se-", my mom began, but I interrupted her.

"Mom… I know. You give me that talk about once a month.", I said awkwardly. She sighed, smiling a little.

"I'm sorry. I just want what's best for you. Kris seems like a really nice guy. He makes you happy?" I shook my head up and down.

"Extremely happy. He is so amazing. Mom, I love him." I saw little tears gather in my mom's eyes. "

True love is very rare, and I could see by the way you looked at each other, that you had it. Don't let anyone come between you two." I grinned, happy to have my mom's approval. She got up and began to walk out of my room but I stopped her.

"Mom?" She turned around. "Yes?" I wondered if my mom would support Kris and I if she knew he was my teacher. Maybe honesty would work this time.

"Did you hear that news story a few months back about that teacher who fell in love with his student?"

My mom thought for a moment, searching through her memory. "Yeah, I think I recall it. Why do you ask?"

"What do you think about it? If they were really in love, do you think it is okay?" She shrugged.

"Like I said, true love is uncommon. If they really were, then sure, why not.", she said before walking out of my room. That gave me a little confidence boost. Maybe, just maybe, I could tell my parents the truth. That reminds me…
How would my dad take it?

*****************************


The next day at school was a bit uncomfortable. Seo Hyeon sat next to me in every single one of my classes, so it was hard to avoid her. She tried talking to me a few times, but I ignored her, still completely mad at what she did. I think she got that we weren't friends anymore, because she eventually stopped trying. When lunch finally came around, I rushed to Kris' classroom, desperate to tell him what was going through my mind. My boyfriend was sitting at his desk, looking very scrumptious in a white t-shirt and jeans, grading some papers. I looked around the room, happy to see that we were the only ones there.

"Hi Mr.Wu.", I said a bit flirtatiously. Kris looked up from his work and the edges of his mouth tweaked upwards into a smile. 

"Hello, Ms.Eun Ji. May I help you?" I giggled at our little game, but dec

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter