X SHIM ENTERTAINMENT'S ROSTER

3O% // 삼십 퍼센트 — trainee survival — apply open.
 
3O%  | SHIM ENTERTAINMENT

Shim Entertainment was established 2009 in the Hongdae district of Seoul, South Korea. It is home to the girl group Florid, rapper Luka and boy group Paragon.
Florid
members - 4
debut - 2011


Main Rapper, Lead Dancer, Leader - Jasphis Kang Jookyung, 1991-liner - snarky, straightforward, domineering
Main Dancer - Sun Xia, 1990-liner - cheerful, lively, funny
Lead Vocalist, Visual - Park Hara, 1993-liner - innocent, shy, youthful
Maknae, Main Vocalist - Laeri Lee Haeri, 1995-liner - smart, headstrong, irritable

 

 

 






 

Florid is a group with a y and feminine concept. They debuted in 2011 with 'Only You' and followed up with 'Love is Move' and 'Magic'. However, the group didn't got much attention until their break-through song 'Bad Girl, Good Girl' in 2013 which helped them to their first trophy on a music broadcast channel. Their next single 'Shy Boy' did even better and cemented them as one of Korea's top 10 girl groups. Leader Jasphis released a solo with 'Irreversible' and proved that she could also pull off a darker concept.

The maknae line are the most popular members who gained a lot of attention for their pretty looks and impressive vocals. Hara has the most male fans, while Sun Xia has the biggest international fanbase. Jasphis is, despite her solo, the least popular.




 

 
 

 Jiryeong
        
            
  Soloist/Rapper
  debuted 2013
  Kwak Jiryeong, 1994-liner
  bold, melodramatic, witty

Jiryeong is more of a rapper than an idol. She writes her songs and lyrics on her own and gets more creative freedom than the other artists under her company. However, she's also Shim Entertainment's least successful act and hasn't reached the breaking even point yet.
Most music critics and senior rappers praise her lyrics and flow but her talent isn't reflected in her album sales.



 









 


 





 
Paragon
members - 5
debut - 2014


Leader, Main Dancer, Vocalist - Thanh Hai Nguyen, 1992-liner - friendly, outgoing, charitable
Vocalist, Main Rapper - Heo Namhyuk, 1994-liner- quiet, calm, caring

Lead Vocalist, Composer - Kwon Hyeonsu, 1994-liner - sassy, quirky, conceited
Triple Threat - Heo Namseok, 1996-liner - bubbly, funny, affectionate
Maknae, Main Vocalist, Songwriter - Giulio Kim, 1997-liner - easygoing, unruly, stubborn

 

Paragon is a vocal-centered group. The members were mostly chosen based on vocal talent, visuals and talent in music composition, all five of them can sing well and everyone but Namseok is able to write and compose own songs. The downside is that over half of the group is an awkward mess of limbs at dancing and Namhyuk's rapping is on par with SHINee Minho's.

However, Paragon still managed to gain a lot of attention with their debut 'Love Like This'. The company used it to film a variety show and Paragon gained a lot of fans for their hilarious antics. Their comebacks 'Love Ya' and 'Because I'm Stupid' did well, the latter even earned them a triple crown. Thanh Hai is the most-liked member by the general public since he has a very upright image. Hyeonsu gets divided opinions because of his sharp tongue, Namseok has the most dedicated fans while maknae Giulio is the noona killer with the overall largest fandom and Namhyuk simply gets forgotten.


 

Kaleidoscope (upcoming)

Kaleidoscope is Shim's upcoming girl group, panned to debut in the first quarter of 2016. The name means that each of the debuting girls will have their own distinct colour but when they come together on stage they'll harmonize well and compliment each other. As individuals, they are interesting but as Kaleidoscope, they will truly shine.

Even though the line up of the group isn't determined yet as the trainees still have to go through a survival show, the company has decided already on it since they see potential in each one of the sixteen trainees and know that the five remaining contestants will all have special something about them.

100 X 100
AUTHOR'S NOTE:

These are the other artists of Shim Entertainment. They won't really play a huge role in the story, I'm probably not even going to mention everyone but some of them will appear as judges and you can use them as love interests or friends if you want. In 2012, the company had plans to debut another girl group, but in the end everything was cancelled and they debuted only one of the girls, Luka, as a soloist instead. If your character was already training back then, you could make her part of that line up. You could have also been part of the original Florid line-up.
Oh, and Namseok and Namhyuk are siblings,
Xia is Chinese and Thanh Hai Vietnamese.

 

UPDATES +
 
053115 I know their name is cheesy and unpronounceable but so are a lot of other kpop group names. I dunno, I wanted them to have some kind of meaning in their name and isn't the colours bit kind of sweet?
According to Google translator Shim is actually supposed to mean Trial in Korea, so isn't that kind of fitting as well?