Maturity is My Middle Name

Who I Am (Because of You)

1. You constantly congratulate yourself on being so mature.

"BAM!" Luhan narrated with an exuberant onomatopoeia as he slammed his debit card down on the table. The tablecloth that came hand in hand with eating at a fancy restaurant muffled the sound a bit, but the crow of Luhan's call caught the other patrons' attention just as well.

Sehun's blushed, looking a little embarrassed, but he didn't try to shush his boyfriend because he knew how important this was to Luhan.

"Sorry," Luhan apologized to Sehun, but to the rest of the people dining around them, he declared "Ladies and Gentlemen, I'm taking my boyfriend on a real date because I got a job yesterday and I can." His gaze flitted expectantly around the room, searching for applause—and receiving it.

Luhan's boyfriend groaned then, and hid his face in his hands. "Sometimes you're too much, Lu," he complained, but his tone was loving and his words light.

"What?" Luhan challenged. "Can't I be proud of the fact that I not only have a job and a bank account with actual money in it, but I also have a great relationship with a wonderful boyfriend? You and I," he gestured animatedly to Sehun as he said this, "we're freaking great together, okay? I think we deserve one hell of a pat on the pack for being such adults; well done, us!"

This whole explanation for Luhan's bragging and subsequent actions was proceeded by Luhan giving himself a literal pat on the back. Sehun looked on in embarrassment until Luhan glared and threatened to withhold kisses unless Sehun patted his own back too. So he did.