Chapter 4

Married to my Rival?!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 4;

Sarang abruptly looked up, slightly jumping on her seat as the door slammed open. “Kenji-kun?” He looked at her in disgust, scoffing. “You know what he did to you!” Sarang gulped and muttered, “I’ll call you later.” She ended the call and stood up, sighing.

“That was the past.”

“He almost killed you.” He gritted his teeth in anger. “What if he didn’t pull you back on time?”

Sarang avoided his gaze and bit her lower lip, “Probably in the hospital.”

“Or worse, dead. The car’s speed is fast and it could create a large impact on you. And oh, let me remind you when you went home from school with him. He’s a ing gangster, Sarang. I don’t even know why you—“

“I loved him, okay?!” Sarang shouted and her hand turned into a fist, “He was the one who helped me forget all the problems I had here. He comforted me and fought anyone who made me miserable. He made sure I’m happy at school, oppa. Anytime, anywhere, he ing makes sure I’m happy.”

An intense silence was formed between them. Sarang was breathing heavily and soon tears started to flow out her eyes, “It’s been a long time since I last talked to him. I miss him. Maybe I don’t love him anymore but…” She sighed and rubbed her nape.

“You called me oppa.” Sehun suddenly said and Sarang looked at him, recalling what she said earlier before answer, “Yes, I did.”

Before she knew it, Sehun pulled her into a hug. He buried his head on the crook of her neck, muttering, “I’m sorry. I wasn’t thinking and released all my anger towards him to you. I should have been a better oppa.”

Sarang slightly chuckled and hugged back. “You’re doing great as a brother. Don’t push yourself.”

They broke the hug and Sehun ruffled her hair, changing the subject, “Don’t you think you should let Kai at least… stay in here? He’s freezing every night down there.”

“So?” She raised an eyebrow.

Sehun groaned. So much for convincing her. He thought and clasped his hands together, going for another try. “But Sarang—“

“No.” She said sternly.

Knock Knock

The siblings turned to look at the door. The door slowly opened and Jongin peeked inside, “Dinner’s ready.”

Sehun snorted, “Since when did you learn how to cook?” Jongin rolled his eyes, “I knew from the start. Kyungsoo hyung taught me how.”

“Ohh,” Sehun clapped to , “Are you sure? We might get diarrhea because of you.”

Jongin snorted and laughed, “Just get downstairs, Sehun.” He closed the door and Sehun glanced at his sister, holding her hand. He smiled at her, “Let’s go.”

 

“Daebak,” Sehun took another spoonful in his mouth and Jongin couldn’t help but laugh, “That’s your second plate. Don’t go for the third!”

“Stop telling me what to do!” He said while his mouth was full. Sarang glanced at his brother and flicked his arm, causing him to flinch. “Ow! That hurts!”

“It’s supposed to hurt.” Sarang uttered under her breath and took one last bite before standing up. She placed her plate in the sink and washed her own plate. The two males started to converse with each other and once Sarang was done, she headed upstairs.

It’s not like she could relate to them anyway.

The bell rang.  

The two raised an eyebrow, looking at each other, both having the same thought. Who would visit at this hour? It was dinner time, nearly eight o’clock. Sehun got up and answered the door. He smiled and let the visitor in, “Dyo hyung!”

“Good evening, Sehun-ah. Jongin.” He greeted the two. “Who’s that for?” Jongin asked, noticing he’s holding a paper bag and a cup of carton. “Ah,” Kyungsoo’s smile widened, looking at the things he brought, “It’s for Sarang. Did she eat any dessert?”

The two shook their head.

“Well, I decided to drop by and give her some. Is she upstairs?” He turned to Sehun who sighed, “As usual.”

“Thanks. Sorry for disturbing you at this hour.”

Sehun and Jongin smiled and shook their heads. “It’s nothing, hyung. You’re more than welcomed to visit.”

 

A soft knock was heard in Sarang’s room. She looked up from her phone, staring at the door. She shrugged when no one opened it.

“Sarang~” A soft voice sang on the other side, “My lovely Sarang~”

The female snickered and stood up, opening the door. She smiled and the things Kyungsoo were holding a while ago were shown on her face. She gladly took it and welcomed him inside.

“I thought you work until ten o’clock?” She asked and placed the food on top of her desk, Kyungsoo comfortably sitting on her bed. “I asked my manager if I could leave earlier than usual. He allowed me, fortunately.”

“That’s kind of you to bring me home some food.” She sat beside him and rests her arm on his lap. Turning to him, she asked, “How’s Minseok?”

“He kept on complaining before I left,” He chuckled, “He said it wasn’t fair that I got to leave earlier than the rest of us.”

“Does he usually work at night?”

Kyungsoo hummed, nodding in response. “Same goes to me.”

“I know that.” She chuckled and leaned to her side, resting her head on his shoulder. Kyungsoo smiled at her action, but it soon faded when he realizes something.

“You probably heard this already but…” He hesitated. Sarang looked up to him, waiting for what he will say next, “Don’t you think you should just forget what happened in the past and let him sleep beside you? I mean, I know you’re uncomfortable with it and all especially of what happened but, he’s freezing every night, Sarang.”

The girl released a heavy sigh. “I don’t want to. Never. Let him suffer. I experienced worse. He’s still the same during freshmen.”

Kyungsoo also sighed. Stubborn as always. “It’s different now. It’s been three years, Sarang. I feel awful for him and he doesn’t have a blanket with him.”

Sarang stood up, releasing another sigh. Probably annoyed. Kyungsoo thought. She opened the cabinet and pulled out a thick white blanket. Kyungsoo followed her when she exited the room.

Sehun was talking with Jongin near the doorstep. “Tell Sarang I love he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter