Chapter 3

Married to my Rival?!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 3;

“Are you sure you’ll be okay?” Sehun frowned, not wanting to leave his sister inside the new house. Sarang hummed in response, nodding a bit. Sehun bit his lower lip, not knowing what to do. He already asked Jongin numerous times this week if he’ll be okay living under the same roof as his sister, and all he gave her was a shrug of a shoulder.

Now he’s really getting worried.

He knows what Sarang is capable of; she isn’t the girl he knew back in first year high school. She’s grown up now, she changed. And changing… could rather be scary.

It’s a Saturday so they had the whole day to move their things inside the new house. They started early, so by lunch time, they were finish and the family decided to eat lunch in the new house.

The lunch was quiet. No one spoke unless they ask to pass the bowl of meal. Jongin and Sarang sat across each other, in their parents’ request.

Sarang was the first to finish. She stood up and placed the plate in the sink.

“Sarang-ya, you want me to cut some mangoes?” Sehun asked and the female nodded, “I’ll eat it inside my room.”

Yours and Jongin’s, idiot. Sehun wanted to say but instead, he cleared his throat and nodded, “With nutella?” She shook her head. “Glass of water.”

Sehun nodded and took one last spoonful of rice before standing up and placed his plate in the sink, getting the mangoes inside the refrigerator and started to cut.

Once Sarang was upstairs, Sehun was done cutting. He placed the plate of five slices of mangoes and the glass of water on the tray.

“Hyung,” Sehun turned and the blonde male looked up, paused half-way in his eating. He gave him a questioning look. The younger male nodded towards the tray placed on the counter. “You give it to her.”

“You’re insane.” Jongin’s noona and second oldest in the Kim’s, muttered. “She’s expecting you to come, not Jongin.”

Sehun shrugged, “You’ll thank me later for this.” Putting his hands in his pocket, he went to the living room and engulfed himself with the variety program showing on television.

 

Sarang stretched her arms, slowly growing impatient. Where’s the mangoes? She groaned and pressed the button of her iPhone. It’s been ten minutes since she went upstairs and she knows Sehun doesn’t like it when she waits for too long.

She was about to get up from her bed when the door opened, revealing Jongin with a tray in his hands. His lips pressed into a thin line, careful not to let the glass of water get out of balance.

Her eyebrows furrowed. Did Sehun get him to go up here instead? She shook her head and crossed her legs as Jongin placed the tray on her lap. “I’ll get going now.” He muttered and turned to leave. You better. She thought but instead, she hummed and started to eat the mangoes.

Oh, how she remembers the time she saw Jongin inside her house.

 

Sarang waited in the shadows, watching Kyungsoo’s every step. She spotted an unfamiliar male in the living room. Her eyes narrowed, she’s sure she saw those two new couple somewhere. But the blonde male? Who the hell is he?

“Where’s the husband?” She heard Kyungsoo ask. Sehun answered him back with a question, “Where’s Sarang?” Only to get a glare from the older male. It made Sarang chuckle. Typical of him, she thought. She noticed how her brother lowered his head, probably apologizing to Kyungsoo.

Then, Sehun put his arm around the blonde male. She still couldn’t see the newcomer’s face. But Kyungsoo already called her before she could start guessing who he is. She walked down and by then, she slowly started to see the blondie’s face.

Her gaze hardened and prevented it to be noticed by others. It was Kim Jongin. Memories of the past suddenly flashed in her mind and she wanted to run away right at that moment. But she knew she can’t, it would be disrespectful especially that both of their parents are present.

She felt her heart got heavier. What’s this feeling? She thought. Hatred. Her mind echoed and Sarang looked at the blonde male in front of her, not forgetting to motion Kyungsoo to stand beside her. “Kai?” She spoke, nodding towards him, seeing him her thoughts are correct.

Though he didn’t reply, Sarang knew it was him. He was standing there uncomfortably, most likely scared by her presence. “Hm,” She nodded and excused herself, going outside with the brunet beside her.

Kim Jongin’s back and her feelings for him are just the same as before. Hatred.

 

 

Jongin went downstairs with heavy footsteps. His family was done eating and was waiting for him at the doorstep along with the Oh’s. Her mother immediately saw the gloominess in his eyes. Her shoulders deflated and placed her hand on his shoulder making him look up.

The young male forced a smile, “I’m fine. You could go.”

The family couldn’t help but sigh and exchanged goodbyes with the Oh’s before leaving.

 

~ * ~

 

Jongin slept on the couch that night. Apparently, Sarang didn’t like sharing the same bed. So instead of arguing with her, he just went downstairs and slept on the couch. It’s comfy, he admits, but how stupid of him to not get a thick blanket before going down.

There’s no heater inside the living room, it wasn’t fully fixed yet. So Jongin had to endure the cold night on their first day at their new house.

 

The next morning, he woke up with a blanket around his body. He raised an eyebrow, rubbing his eye in process as he sat up. He was expecting to have a cold by the time he wakes up—

“Achoo!” He sneezed. Nevermind, He thought and rubbed his nose using the collar of his shirt. He stood up and folded the blanket, placing it neatly at the edge of the sofa. Now for breakfast. He went to the dining area and found Sarang cooking.

He was curious what it was, but realizing she wasn’t the Sarang he used to know, he had second thoughts. “Good… morning.” He hesitantly greeted, though his voice wasn’t that loud. Sarang managed to hear it though but didn’t greet back and placed the food she was cooking in the bowl placed on the table.

It was Egg Ramyun.

Jongin’s lips curved into a smile. He remembered how Sarang always demands him to buy her egg ramyun whenever they go to school together in the mornings.

“What are you smiling at?”

He snapped out of his thought and cleared his throat, “N-Nothing…” He stuttered, avoiding her judging gaze. He heard her release a heavy sigh and harshly put the pan and spoon in the sink, making Jongin’s eye twitch at the noise that was created.

“Make your own breakfast.” She coldly said and took the bowl of ramyun, heading upstairs. Jongin sighed and rubbed his nape. Did he really make a big impact on her?

Then he realizes one thing, there was no fork placed in her bowl.

Jongin chuckled. Another memory flashes in his head. Whenever he cooks her egg ramyun, she always rushes to the living room to eat, only to forget the fork. Jongin would always give her the fork before she could even get it herself.

Releasing a sigh, he took a fork and went upstairs.

Just as he was about to knock, the door opened. It looks like Sarang took a shower before actually eating her egg ramyun. Jongin’s lips pressed into a thin line and handed her the fork, “You forgot.”

“Hm,” She said and took the fork from him before closing the door. He sighed again. So much for being nice. He thought.

 

~ * ~

 

Jongin thought Sarang would at least have some mercy inside her. But no, Monday came and he still sleeps on the couch.

He was slowly feeling pain on his back because of the small couch. He wasn’t the type of person who sleeps still. He’s a messy sleeper, he admits and that small couch wasn’t doing any help. He wanted to sleep on the bed where it’s wider. Heck, it’s king size for damn sake!

He huffed his cheeks, knowing Sarang wouldn’t even share the bed with him. I don’t even think it crossed her mind to let me sleep with her. He thought with a sigh.

“How’s your first two day

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter