Chapter 5

Married to my Rival?!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 5;

“Newbie-ya~” Jongin shouted as he kept on poking her arm as he leaned his side on the lockers, “Yah, newbie!” Jongin shouted, standing straight abruptly with a visible frown plastered on his face. Sarang rolled her eyes and looked at him, “Shut up.”

But Jongin doesn’t know when to stop as he started to whine.

“Annoying.” Hakyeon appeared, clasping his hand around Jongin’s mouth. “You’re just giving her trouble. Now be a good boy and leave her alone.” He pushed him away and Jongin groaned, “Can’t I be friends with her?”

“No.” Hakyeon bluntly said. “Besides, she already has me and Taemin. You’re not welcomed.” He put his arm around the female’s shoulder and looked at her with a smile on his face, “Right, Sarang?” She just hummed in response.

Jongin inwardly rolled his eyes and left.

 

“Can you refresh my mind and remind me why my sister is so mad at you?” Sehun sighed, rubbing his nape as they sat down under a tree in the school garden. “I don’t even want to think about it.” Jongin said only to get Sehun glaring at him, “Say it, idiot, or I can’t help you with this.”

Jongin sighed in defeat. “It went like this…”

 

It was the annual sports fest. Loud roaring and cheering of each batches was heard, competing to have the loudest cheer. It was the championships for basketball and last up was the seniors versus freshmen. “It’s nerve wrecking.” The players would answer if you ask them what they’re feeling.

Jongin was one of the players. He drank his water, looking around the crowd. He was looking for someone and once spotted, a smile crept on his cheeks. His team captain called him, breaking his gaze from her and they talked about their strategies for today’s game. They have a few minutes left before the game officially starts.

He could hear some people screaming, “Go, Kai!” and he feels pumped up. But the cheers soon died down and were replaced by a series of mutters and whispers. His teammate nudged him, “Is that Sarang? I didn’t know she has a thing for you.” Confused, Jongin turned around and scoffed in disbelief upon seeing what’s in front of him.

“ me, Kai!” was seen on the ½ illustration board she was holding. He started to glare at her and Sarang eventually realized everyone was looking at her. She looked at her sign board and she gulped before running out the gym.

“Calm down,” his team captain patted his back but he shouted a “HEY!” when Jongin started to sprint out of the gym. “GO EASY ON HER! DON’T KILL HER!” Another teammate shouted before Jongin fully exited the gym. Being a fast runner he is, he caught Sarang right on time.

“What were you thinking?!” He shouted once he forcefully turned her around, “You think you embarrassed yourself? Think again, I’m the one who’s being embarrassed here. You could have kept it to yourself, Sarang!” The female knew he wanted to say more but instead, Jongin frustratingly ruffled his hair and looked at the illustration board she was holding. He slapped it downwards, stepping it until dirt from his shoes was all over it.

“Forget it, we’re no longer friends.” He said before turning around to leave her.

Knowing Jongin was far enough, Sarang went onto her knees, crying.

“I swear this wasn’t what I wrote…” She sobbed and stood up, folding the board twice and threw it in the trash bin. She went to the payphone and called her parents. Her mom to be exact. “I want to move.” She firmly said once her mom picked up the phone. She had to lie. She didn’t want them to think Jongin is a mean person. Their family is quite close to his and she didn’t want to break their friendship just because Jongin and her fought.

Explaining with a lie, she said, “I’m being bullied. I just want to leave. Right here, right now.”

 

“Hyung. Sorry.” Sehun came running inside the gym, clearly unpleased with what’s happening. Jongin’s eyebrows furrowed. The game just ended and the seniors were celebrating their victory. “I have to leave. Well, my flight is a bit later than my family’s—“

“What flight?” Jongin cut him off, not believing what he just heard. “We’re migrating to Japan. It’s so sudden, I don’t know why but our flight been booked. Mine’s a bit later than my family’s but yeah, I’m leaving.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter