Yesterday I saw a Lion kissed a Deer

It goes like this...

Winter is starting, cold breeze starting to sway tree branches, people starts to strut in the pavements with their furry boots on, their limbs being warmed by their trench coats, with their scarves clinging on their neck. Nothing’s different with Sehun. Instead of his usual white long sleeves with black suit and slacks with leather shoes, he wore grey sweater still his white long sleeves inside, his black trench coat with his fitted short length slacks and his leather shoes. Well, let’s just say aside from his over qualification as Jongin’s secretary, he’s also qualified as a model.

Strutting down the street, eyes of passersby never left him; may it be male, female, a teen, a mother, a student, an office worker. Who wouldn’t? His tall frame with his perfectly structured facial features, then again, who wouldn’t? He continued having a stoic face (well, it’s his normal expression okay?) as he entered his destination, Kyungsoo’s café.

 

“Goodmorning Kyungsoo.”

 

“Goodmorning to you too!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

As the stop light went green, Luhan stepped on the accelerator. He’s driving like a mad man because he’s already late. The word “late” has never been in his vocabulalry. Sleeping on a cold morning, it’s heaven, but the consequences aren’t.

 

“Excuse me, excuse me, I’m running late here! Off the road” He shouts inside his car. As if the other drivers can hear him.

 

It took him fifteen minutes to get to his work, unlike his usual driving that took him 1 hour to get to work. I don’t even know what kind of driving he did. He just gave thanks to the heavens for not letting him captured by the police officers for overspending.

As he stepped on the building floor where his office is, his secretary never fail to greet him a good morning. She never fail, ever, even when she had a break up with her boyfriend, she still greeted Luhan a good morning. So everything’s normal except that…

 

“Good morning sir! May you have a good day!” She said with a giggle at the end.

 

… she’s too cheery.

 

“O-okay… I will. Thankyou.” Luhan said as he gave her a forced smile. She’s getting creepy.

 

When he entered his office, he looked at every corner, searching for something different. He searched everywhere, may it be under his sofa, above his book shelves, behind the picture frames, inside the flower vase. But he found nothing.

 

“Hmmm, but I feel weird?” He said as he tilt his head on the side.

 

Everything is normal, until he focused his gaze on his working table. On his working table that is forever organized. Pile of papers on the left, ball pens and sticky notes on the right, his coffee mug beside the school supplies. He’s a little bit OC let’s say, but today, unlike yesterday and the day before yesterday, two things adorned his busy working table. Two things that lightened up his mood. It may be different from his usual paraphernalia in his table but somehow, those things are perfectly adapting, acquiring a space just for them.

 

“Again huh?” He can’t help but to smile with what he saw. “Finally…”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

2 months before…

 

 

It has been two months. Every morning, a cup of coffee and a cupcake will welcome him in his office. At first, he didn’t care from whom it is so he just eat it, but when the second, third, fourth, fifth came, he started to wonder. Well, it’s yummy. He gets free coffee and different cupcakes every day, but it perked up his curiosity, who the hell would do this for him? No one can enter his office without passing by his secretary, so she knows.

He went outside to ask his secretary while he munch on his red velvet cupcake.

 

“Younghee-ssi…”

 

The secretary looked up on his boss when she heard her name being called.

 

“Ah yes, Mr. Luhan?” She answered eyeing the cupcake Luhan was eating. She slipped a smile but Luhan failed to see.

 

“Do you know who brings coffee and cupcakes on my table every morning?”

 

“Uhm…” She put her index finger on her lips and creased her forehead looking like she’s thinking deep. And with just a second passed, she smiled and gave him a cheerful answer.

 

“No!” She said and immediately went back to her task in her computer.

 

Luhan was left dumbstruck.

 

He knows, her secretary was fully aware with who’s the person giving him treats in the morning, but she just don’t spill it.

 

This little prick. I’m your boss! You should be loyal to me! Luhan thought to himself.

Well, this person is a tough one huh?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Luhan decided that he needed an alliance. He went to Jongin’s office to spill this incident happening to him every morning. He strut on the second to the topmost floor of the building. When he arrived at the floor he wanted to, he went straight to the desk where the VP’s secretary should be, but an empty chair welcomed him. Several yellow green, blue and pink sticky notes were sticked to the walls. Piles of papers were neatly placed at a corner. Everything in the cubicle was in the shade of black, except the sticky notes. Ballpens, mousepad, swivel chair, pen holders, folders, everything was in the shade of black.

 

“Sophisticated I see…”

 

Luhan saw a picture frame. It’s the only picture frame on the table so it’s very eye catching. He knows that Jongin’s secretary deserves privacy but, sorry okay? He’s just a nosy little deer.  He held it and a picture of a family is what he saw. There are total of five persons in the photo, three children and the others were the parents. The picture was unfamiliar. He already saw Jongin’s secretary but seeing this photo…

 

“Did he change secretary?”

 

He went straight to Jongin’s office and just as he twist the knob of Jongin’s door, it opened, and no one told him that heaven is only that high. An angel welcomed him. He stared at the person who opened the door. He’s so tall, and his facial featured is just…

 

“Oh my…” Luhan managed to say. He felt small under the unknown man’s gaze. His feet were stucked and his tongue goes numb. He currently looked like a fish right now. His mouth opening and closing and his eyes were so big that his eyeballs would’ve fall on the carpeted floor.

 

“Uhmm, excuse me?” The man said, after being gawked by Luhan.

 

Luhan was awoken from his daze when the deep voice of the man rang on his ears.

 

“Oh Luhan! It’s nice to see you. Come in, come in.” Jongin said.

 

The uknown tall man opened the door to let Luhan in.

 

“What brought you here?” Jongin asked.

 

“Uhhh, I just want to tell you… things?” Luhan said unsure. He headed to the sofa in the middle of Jongin’s office, sitting uncomfortably still under the unknown man’s gaze.

 

Jongin was to reply when he saw his secretary heading to his door.

 

“Wait, Sehun! Come here.” Jongin shouted. “I will introduce you to Luhan.”

 

 Luhan internally squealed. So Sehun’s the name.

 

The man who is now named as Sehun went back and bowed.

 

“Hello sir, I’m Oh Sehun, Mr. Kim’s secretary.”

 

“S-secretary?”

 

“Oh Luhan, you stopped visiting me these past few months.” Jongin said a tingle of sadness in his voice. “He’s my new secretary. Min resigned because there’s no one to take care of her mother, and this my friend…” He said as he hooked his arm across Sehun’s shoulder giving a friendly vibe. “Is my new secretary. He’s been with me for almost three months.”

 

Luhan was left agape with how Jongin could be so casual and friendly with his secretary. He still remember how Jongin draw a line between him and his subordinates. The two continued to bicker as Sehun tries to pry Jongin’s arm from his soulders.

 

“Well, you see, we’ve been friends since college.” Jongin smirked. He removed his arms from Sehun and covered his mouth with his hands while whispering something to Luhan. “This man is brainy. Overqualified.” He said ending with a wink.

 

“Sehun, this is Luhan, the head of the Accounting Department.”

 

“It’s nice to meet you Mr. Lu.” Sehun said walking to Luhan extending his hand for a handshake. Luhan’s eyes went from his hands and when their skin met, Luhan’s sure that it’s a smirk that’s on Sehun’s face. He’s not sure if it’s a good thing that he met this person or not. He’ll bring either fortune or storm to Luhan’s life. And what he didn’t know that it’s both he’s gonna bring.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After the unexpected meeting of Luhan and Sehun, the latter went outside to give the two some privacy. Luhan was still flabbergasted with Sehun, but he set it aside because he’s really bothered with this mysterious person who’s bringing coffee and treats to his office every morning.

 

“So, spill.” Jongin said as his lips met the lid of the cup of coffee in his hands.

 

“Uh… you know, weird things happen to me lately. Actually these past few months.”

 

“Like?”

 

“I always arrive at my office every morning with a cup of coffee in my table with a cupcake. Yeah…” Luhan said while staring at the cup of coffee in front of him. His gaze went to Jongin when he heard a giggle, and he’s here slightly freaked out while Jongin is ing giggling. What a jerk. He gave him a piercing gaze until Jongin ended is giggling fits.

 

“S-sorry, sorry. It’s just… okay. So you’re freaked out?”

 

“Yeah, once is fine, twice is okay, thrice is cool, but Jongin it’s been almost two months how can’t I freak out?!” Luhan said while flailing his limbs.

 

“Just let it be. Free coffee every day is cool.”

 

“It is… but, doesn’t it makes you curious who’s doing that? Jongin you know I always go to office very early that sometimes I’m the only person on my floor because I’m always one hour advance right? The sun’s not yet peeking and I’m at my office starting to sort my task and that mysterious person never fail to bring coffee and cupcakes to my office oh my gosh. I’m touched really but I’m starting to freak out.” Luhan said while holding his face in his palms, feeling a shiver ran through his spine.

 

“I know someday he’ll reveal himself. Don’t panic, he’s not doing anything bad right?”

 

“None so far…”

 

“Well then it’s good!” Jongin beamed. “This guy must’ve want to be close to you. Having a secret admirer… isn’t sweet?” He really love teasing Luhan.

 

A pink flush painted Luhan’s cheeks as he sent his not-so-deadly-glare to Jongin. The latter just went on teasing Luhan with his secret admirer while having fun, knowing that someone’s listening outside his office.

The unlikely feeling starts to creep on his body. A light blush adorned his pale slightly chubby cheeks, then the white pearly teeth of his was now visible as he smile. A warm feeling for  a cold weather.

He walked nearing his table and picked up the only different thing adorning his wide bus table. A cup of warm coffee. The aromatic scent of the freshly brewed coffee and the warm temperature sent tingles on his skin. He took a sip of the warm coffee and… ahhh… who would’ve know that a black coffee can taste sweet even without sugar or any sweetener?

After his single sip, he then took a glance at the envelope beside the place where his mysterious coffee was placed. He picked it up and the visual is pretty simple but elegant. It has a rough embossed pattern and a red velvet color adorned with a gold ribbon. He slowly untied the ribbon and opened the envelope. A white card peeked and as he retracts it from the envelope, his heart skips a beat. As he completely saw the card, he can’t help but giggle with what he saw. The card has a deer at its center.

 

“Deer, really?” Luhan giggled.

 

His hear is racing as he touched the card. He doesn’t know if he should open it now or later. Skipping a heart beat is not healthy Luhan knows that, but a mere card makes him skip a heartbeat several times.

 

Sighing, he held the card with much force and closed his eyes.

 

“He’s gonna reveal himself right? And I want to know him, so… I’m gonna open it.” He held the card and started to open it. A neat handwriting was revealed and what he read nearly made him faint.

 

“Oh my gosh.”

 

Dear Luhan,

 

Can we meet at Myeong Dong in front of the giant Christmas tree

this 8:30PM

I know you’re curious of my identity, and I think it’s the right time

to reveal myself.

And I really want to ask you something.

For you not to have a hard time to find me, I’ll wear a black trenchcoat

and a red scarf.

I’m looking forward to see you.

 

 

He ran to Jongin’s office to tell him the news.

 

“Jongin! Jongin oh my gosh.” Luhan said while panting, gasping for air after running at the stairs for several floors because he’s gonna faint waiting for the elevator.

 

“Jongin look!”

 

Jongin stood up a he saw Luhan barged into his office, and saw him clutching a white card…. And is that a deer?

 

“What’s that?” Jongin asked.

 

Luhan walked forward to give Jongin the card. Jongin’s torn between getting the card or not to. He looked at Luhan’s face and he looks like he’s drugged. Smiling while teary eyed.  And his face is red as a tomato, I don’t know if it’s because of his too much running of because of this card.

 

“Luhan, are you high?” Jongin inquired with all seriousness.

 

 

“J-just read what’s inside!.” Luhan shouted.

 

 

“O-okay. Calm down.”

 

 

Jongin grabbed the card and opened it. He can’t believe with what’s he’s reading. Finally, he’ll reveal himself. He smirked.

 

 

“Well, congratulations to you. You’ll finally meet this mysterious man.” Jongin said smiling at his friend who’s very excited.

 

 

Luhan giggled like a mad man. His heart is warm and puppies, rainbows, candies and unicorns are spilling inside him. He’s very excited to meet his admirer. He’s on cloud nine but Jongin decided to halt his excitement.

 

 

“What is you don’t like him?” Jongin asked.

 

 

“Pardon?”

 

 

“What if he’s ugly.” Jongin smirked.

 

 

Luhan smiled. “It’s okay.”

 

Jongin was blinded with Luhan’s smile. He was shocked to see him like this. It’s been a while to see him smile like this. Luhan was happy, his smile nearly went up to his ears and his bigd doe eyes went missing because of too much smiling. His friend is glowing. He’s really happy.

 

 

“Well, I think he’s handsome you know.” Jongin teased.

 

 

“Then it’s better!” Luhan giggled.

 

 

Everytime Luhan visited Jongin’s office giggles and laughs will always be heard. And not only Jongin was happy to hear his friend’s happiness, but a certain person outside Jongin’s office eas really glad to hear those giggling fits. He rarely smiled, veryr rare, but whenever he hear that certain voice, it never fail to make him smile.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Luhan’s driving to Myeong Dong. His excitement didn’t go down the whole day. He’s looking forward to this. He looked at his watch.

 

It displayed 8:00 PM. He smiled.

 

Many persons invaded his head whenever he think of this mysterious admirer. Is it from our department? Or the other? He said he’s a he so… But what does he look like?” Lots of questions were piled inside of his pretty head.

 

When he’s nearing the said place, he parked at the entrance and fixed himself. He fixed the lapels and collar of his coat and brushed his hair. He sprayed a little bit of perfume, enough to improve his scent.

 

He unlocked his car and went outside. His shoes, stepped on the thin sheet of snow on the ground and smoke was coming out from his nose and mouth because of the low temperature.

 

He locked his car doors and started walking.

 

“Okay, this is it Luhan.” He cheered himself while walking.

 

His heart was beating so fast and despite of the cold temperature he can feel his face getting warmer and warmer as he take a step forward. When he saw a glimpse of the big Christmas tree, he stopped. His feet was planted on the ground and his eyes became like the hawks. He looked at every person’s face, forgetting that he should look at their clothes because it’s the only clue given to him.

 

When he was calmed down, just a little, he went near to the giant tree and surveyed the area. He’s starting to feel hopeless because he really can’t see anyone wearing a black trenchcoat and red scarf. Everyone’s wearing red but not black. Everyone’s walking in a couple or in a group, no one’s alone.

 

“Ugh, am I just being pranked?” Luhan asked himself looking down on his shoes, until a pair of shoes aside from himself greeted his eyes.

 

His eyes nearly fell down with what he saw. Is this it? Is it really him?!

 

He slowly lifted up his face and a black trench coat was revealed. He looked up a little bit more and alas! A red scarf is what he see.

 

“Hi.” A deep voice rang in his ears. He looked up and he was very very very much surprised and delighted with what he saw.

 

A familiar tall stature, with a very sharp features on his face. A perfectly chiseled eyebrows, set of pink soft looking lips, a tall nose, and those mysterious set of eyes. Too much feelings. There’s too much feelings running inside Luhan’s body. 

 

 

“O-oh Sehun-ssi?!” Luhan said. He stared at him for a while because he really can’t believe with what he’s seeing right now. He know he has a crush on Sehun but how did this happen? What good deeds did he do to have this blessing? He doesn’t deserve this. He only asked for a plain bread but what Santa gave his is a triple cheese hamburger with fries and drinks. Oh my gosh..

 

 

“Well, are you disappointed?” Sehun scratched his nape. He’s really nervous that Luhan won’t like him because according to him, Luhan is an angel, and he’s a mere human. Not knowing thet Luhan thought the same.

 

 

Luhan blushed and started to panic not thinking before talking. I’ll never ever be disappointed if it’s you.

 

 

“N-no I’m not. You’re handsome! I’m happy!”

 

 

Sehun was delighted with Luhan’s answer. “Really?” He’s really cute. Sehun thought to himself.

 

 

 

Luhan nodded cutely while looking down, trying to hide his blush. His heart is beating too fast that he thinks it’s gonna explode. Sehun’s making him feel many kinds of feelings and he can’t contain it anymore.

 

 

Silence enveloped both of them and after a while, Sehun decided to break the silence and gave Luhan a gift.

 

 

“Here, flowers for you.” Sehun handed him the flowers.

 

 

The bouquet was full of white and red roses and it made his heart warm. He looked up and gave Sehun a smile. Not knowing that his smile made Sehun’s heart skip a beat.

 

 

“Thankyou.” Luhan said.

 

 

“So, can I ask you now?”

 

 

“Uhm… Okay. Sure.”

 

 

“Can I ask you…”

 

With those words, Luhan’s heart gone wild. Everything became slow. And what he can only hear is Sehun’s voice. He looked up at him waiting for Sehun’s next words.

 

 

“… out.” Sehun said. Luhan saw hope in Sehun’s eyes. Those unfamiliar eyes, it’s always been blank. When he see Sehun in the office, he’s always been stoic. His expression is always blank and his eyes doesn’t have any emotion but still, mysterious.

 

 

And who is he to decline that offer right? He thought to himself. Sehun is tall, handsome, and according to Jongin, he’s really smart.  So he thinks it’s time for them to get to know each other so he answered.

 

 

 

“Yes. Ofcourse. I’m very much delighted to.” Luhan smiled.

 

 

 

Luhan was very delighted. Very very much if you ask him. He’s very happy. It’s been a while since he felt like this. All sort of positive emotions was running inside his systems. And he liked it.

 

Well, guess who will have a very mery Christmas this year?

 

 

 

 

 

 


 Merry Christmas guys!

 

Actually it's past Christmas here in our country. It's already 12:15AM HAHAHAHA but still! 

 

So yeah, sorry for being inactive for many months. I've been very busy with my studies. Our requirements were piled up! Ugh. I hope you'll enjoy this new chapter. And if my schedule complies, I think I can add another chapter before my Christmas vacation ends. 

 

 

P.S. Did you see Seventeen?! OMG THEY're SO FAB. I can;t choose my bias. TAT and HANBIN IN RUNNINGMAN IS KILLING ME CAN SOMEONE STOP HIM! IT's NOT HEALTHY FOR MY POOR HEART.