The Lion and the Deer

It goes like this...

 

 

Another work day of Luhan's life. It's summer. The sun is blazing under the sky where people are rushing to find shade under the trees or bus stops, some rushing to the establishments with working ac just to cool down. While Luhan is on the way to Park Industries to serve the company, to check the accounting records of the sales, to see if the profit and the expenses are balance. Well, he's the Head of the Accounting Department. He studied at Seoul National University. His parents are very proud of him because he graduated with flying honors. The Parks, are very close to Luhan’s family that’s why they hired Luhan, a fresh graduate to be an Assistant of the Head of the Accounting department. They hired him not because of their family’s bond, but because Luhan is really deserving in such position/ But after only one and a half year, the head resigned and of course who would inherit the throne, no other than Luhan himself. So at the early age of 24 he started to head the Accounting department.

 

After parking his car, he rushed to the building to cool down not expecting another set of heat waves to slam on his face.

"Oh great." He said flatly. You can see sarcasm oozing out of him. The seventh floor of the building is under maintenance so the AC is turned off. When he got off the elevator, he saw everyone fanning themselves with scratch papers and cardboards.

"How can they schedule maintenance on Summer?!~" He whined while stomping his feet like a child who lost his candy, on the tiled floor of the hallway. Believe me, he’s the head of the Accounting Department. Really.

 

He walked towards his assistant who is currently drenching in sweat in the early morning.

 

"How long does the maintaince will take?" He asked.

 

 "Uhmm, about three to five hours sir."

 

Oh god.

 

 He guess he can take five hours without ac. So he went to his office and shook of his suit to lessen his body heat. He can right?

 

30 mins passed

 

He can now feel the sweat dripping along his side burns. It's distracting him from reading the papers that's very important and nearing it's due. He's somehow waiting the little droplet of sweat to slide through his neck.

 

"Focus Luhan."

 

 He then resumed reading the papers. After two and a half sentence, his focus went back to the droplets of sweat on his face. His patience was gone along with his pen they is now lying helplessly on his carpeted office floor.

 

"Oh my ing gosh. I can't believe droplets of sweat are distracting me from doing my work! They're just droplets of sweat!"

 

The heat of the environment was now adding the heat of his head. He really needs to finish these papers so he decided to just sweep it off by the back of his hand.

 

1 hour passed

 

He thought his sanity was evaporating when he started to kneel down beside his table, hand clasped and eyes tightly shut reciting some mantra.

 

"Mother Nature, please send some cool wind. Please please pweaaase."  He chanted.

 

His dignity was definitely be crushed when someone heard him or saw him doing this but he doesn't care, heat is seeping down through his skull and he can't think straight.

 

"Mother Nature, send some wind please please. Some cool wind."

 

 And when he thought he still needed to call to Mother Nature for cool wind, something irked him to open his eyes and Oh my Mother Nature, it felt like Mother Nature was continuously slamming him with cool waves of wind as he saw someone tall, with black mops of hair, milky skin and stoic expression striding in front of his office. He stared at him and all of the heat in his body was replaced with ice cold feeling when this man turned his head on him. Their gazes locked and his body shivers. It felt like the temperature turned 180 and now he felt too cold.

 He woke up from his trance when the said guy continued to walk and was now gone from his vision. He was left there awe stricken. His kneeling position is now gone and he's now sitting on the floor like a hobo. When he brought his fingers on his cheeks, he didn't know if it's his imagination but he heard a sizzle.

 

"W-who is that? Who's that?! I just asked for a cool wind and Mother Nature gave me an ice cold wind. And he's so tall, so white, so handsome, asdfghjkl so hot and yet so cold. Omygosh he saw me at my idiotic state omygosh." He said while massaging his face so hard that it won't be a surprise if his facial features got mashed up.

 

 "It's soooooo embarassiiiiiiiing~"

He can't do anything but to talk to himself while sitting on the floor his red face on his hands. Well, did I mention his red face?

 

 

 

Jongin asked Sehun to get some papers in the Accounting Department, so he is now on the way to the Seventh floor. When he's in the elevator, two ladies went in on the ninth floor. Well, being Oh Sehun is a little bit hard because everyone is fussing about him. The higher ups, the lower ones, the females and even the males, except for the VP and CEO because they got someone else. The two ladies kept on murmuring beside him saying "he's so handsome" "I know right. Omygosh and his so hot."

 And being Oh Sehun, he didn't mind those and focused on his own task, becausae he find those irritating. He’s being cold yet this irked more admirers.  He never spare a glance on anyone. And when he spared you a glance, well you have something special.

 

*ding*

 

When the elevator stopped on the seventh floor, he went out leaving the two ladies still fussing over him. He went straight to the Accounting Department and asked the head's assistant for the copy of their monthly report.

 

 "Excuse me."

Even the assistant got red when Sehun talked to her. "Y-yes?!"

 

 "The Vice President wants the monthly report of the Accounting department, can I get a copy?" Sehun asked flatly.  His face doesn’t show any emotion.

 

"A-ah, y-yes of c-course..."  Replied the assistant as she rummaged through the pile of papers in her desk.

 

Everyone's awestruck when Sehun talked to the assistant. His vibe somehow gives a cooling effect to everyone. Sometimes guys gets mad at him because the female population in the office was hooked by him.

 After getting the papers, he's on the way to the elevator when something caught his attention. A deer kneeling on the floor looking dumbfounded with his doe like eyes that looks like it's gonna pop out. He is also sweaty due to the maintenance, he thought. Their gaze locked and when he thought the other's eyes might get dry because he doesn't blink, he resumed his walking and went to the elevator to bring the papers to his boss.

He can't remove the face of the guy earlier. It's somehow stocked on his brain. "Who's that deer?" So when he went back to his boss's office, after giving him the papers, his curiosity still itching him so he asked the name of the man.

 

"Mr. Kim, can I ask you something?" Jongin smirked and lifted up his head from the papers to Sehun.

 

"Well, you're asking me right now." He smiled.

 

 It's rare for his assistant to ask questions to him. He only reports to him his schedule and by now he thinks it's not job related. It's fascinating for him to see his assistant slash best friend like this.

 

"What is it my dear Sehunnie?"

 

"Who's the guy that owns the farthest office in the seventh floor? And please, don't call me that, I can feel my stomach churning if you do that." Sehun said, still poker faced.

 

"Ohhhh, Luhan! He's the accounting department's head." Jongin said. Jongin planned on going back to the papers but something irked him and he looked at Sehun's contemplating expression.

 

Well, someone's interested with the deer. Jongin smiled.

 

 

 

"So that's how you met?!" Baekhyun was shocked with how they knew each other.

 

"Well, we didn't technically met, we just saw each other." Sehun explained

 

 "But Lu, that's not a good first impression though." Baekhyun said.

 

 "I know right. I actually wished the earth to eat me right there. Who would've wanted to look like a hobo when someone hot walks by. Ughhhh, even now I can still feel the embarrassment!" Luhan's fingers were curled due to his embarrassment, and Sehun finds it cute.

 

 

 


 I know this chapter is ty and short im sorry. The other chapters are already written but it's the middle part so I'm now workring on the second chapter. So babyeeeeeeeeeeee.