Walking Home Together

Heading my Way to Your Heart: A Seotae Story

ARGGH! I’m so tired… Today is seriously a very tiring day. My entire body feels so painful and sore. Ah~ From dancing, to singing, to acting; I learned them all, thanks to Yoona unnie who is helping me, and also to Taeyeon unnie who always guide me, and…

Seohyun giggles while talking to herself.

…and who caught me when I tripped over and almost fell.

“Seohyun-ah, are you coming with us or not?” That was Yoona asking Seohyun. They’re packing their things and fixing all the stuffs they used.

“Huh? Coming to where, unnie?” Seohyun answered Yoona with the same tone of asking. Because of being too occupied of her thoughts earlier, Seohyun is oblivious of what others are talking about. Yoona then shook her head and faced the youngest.

“Aigo! This innocent young lady who only knows how to listen to crickets… Aish. We are planning to go to a noraebang. Are you going with us or not?” Yoona said while putting the trashes to the garbage bin. It’s always like that. Being one of the youngest, Yoona is always the one getting asked to do this and that. Unnies are really... Aish.

Seohyun smiled shyly to them and shifted her gaze to Yoona. She then began talking. “I am sorry unnie. I am not listening to your conversation earlier. And I think I cannot join you this time coz… coz my body really feels so painful. I even think my bones were broken because of the warm ups. I just want to lie down on a soft bed right now. Hm~ I am sorry, unnie. All of you go ahead. I will make it up to you next time.”

“We understand, Seohyun-ah.” Yoona answered and smiled. She knew exactly how Seohyun feels because months ago when they were new trainee too, they all experienced that situation where they can’t even move a leg.

“I will walk Seohyun home.” Seohyun shifted and saw Taeyeon standing beside her.  The older one is smiling cutely at the other one, making Seohyun smile back.

“Yah! Taetae, how can we enjoy the moment without you? You know that only you angelic voice can make me feel wa----- I mean, only your voice can make US feel warm.” Tiffany said while biting her bottom lip. She can feel hotness on her cheeks, telling her that she is already blushing. Pabo Tiffany. She thought.

“I will just walk her home to assure her safety. Then after that, I’ll follow you all to noraebang. Is that okay, Fany-ah?” Taeyeon smiled and answered.

“But, Taetae… Seohyun can take a cab. Beside, her home isn’t that far from he-----“

“Fany-ah, I already said I’ll go directly to noraebang after I send Seohyun home. I think I said it clear.”

“Okay then, but can I go with you in sending her home?” Tiffany is feeling a bit of unease now. She doesn’t know why Taeyeon suddenly became so interested in sending someone home. Something is telling her that something isn’t right. But she can’t do anything if Taeyeon decides. She doesn’t have the right to stop her. But she wants to try.

“Just go with the others. I’ll be there soon. I will join you, but just a bit late.” Taeyeon answered. Somehow, she felt guilty for turning Tiffany down but she needs to. I’m so sorry, Fany-ah. I just want to spend a little time with my angel. Mianhae.

From the moment she saw Seohyun, Taeyeon already felt that she is the one she was looking for. Love. She knew that was the feeling that arouse earlier. As her eyes met Seohyun’s own the moment she gave her the welcoming hug, the wants of knowing her more overruled Taeyeon’s mind.

“I am fine, Taeyeon unnie.” Seohyun’s voice broke Taeyeon’s thoughts. “I can go back home by myself. Just go with them, unnie. I will be -----“

“No, Seohyun-ah. You have my word. I am not the kind of person who takes back my words so whether you like it or not, I will accompany and send you home.” Taeyeon said, cutting the younger’s words. They then bid their goodbyes to the others and started their way outside the building.




“Unnie…”

Taeyeon looked at Seohyun who caught her attention.

“Unnie, I don’t want you to argue with your friends like earlier. It made me uncomfortable. It’s just okay if you can’t accompany me going home because it’s already my habit going home alone.”

Taeyeon bowed down her head and smiled at what Seohyun said. She just loved how this innocent angel beside her thinks. She then gazed back at Seohyun and flashed her captivating smile. She stared at Seohyun for seconds and after that Taeyeon’s lips moves as she talks.

“Before this, maybe it is your habit walking home alone. But for your information, now, it is my habit to accompany you walks to your home. Just like what I said earlier, I won’t take back any of my words. So I don’t care if you like it or not. I am just doing what I said.” Another smile and Taeyeon did a very good job there! She sounds so sweet in that line. (A/N: Well, for me, but idk how our Seohyun feels …)



“Okay, unnie. Thank you.” Seohyun said shyly.

They continued walking for more minutes. But as soon as they’re halfway, Taeyeon suddenly pulled Seohyun by the hand, making the younger one’s body rest on the older one’s own. They currently look like a couple having a sweet slow dance. Carefully pushing Seohyun’s body apart from her, Taeyeon checked on her companion. She then sighed satisfyingly when she found out that Seohyun is just okay.

“Yah! Are you using your eyes or not?! You can’t even see that big hole? You almost fell down! Luckily, I pulled you or else… Aish. I can’t imagine what will happen next.” Taeyeon said in worries.

“I am sorry, unnie. I am not aware. Hm~” Seohyun apologized. Taeyeon comforted her by holding her hand as they continued walking. After 15 more minutes of walking, they arrived at Seohyun’s house.

“Unnie, do you want to come in and have a tea or water?” Seohyun asked, earning a shook of head from the older one.

“It’s okay. We have lots of time to do that but not now. I know you’re tired today and I just want you to rest. Go inside now, clean your body with warm water and take a rest. I will pick you up tomorrow morning, okay? And can you give me your phone number?”

Seohyun was kind of shocked upon hearing Taeyeon’s statement. Actually, no one had fetched her yet since before, except for Yoona when they’re in elementary days. But as soon as she collects herself, Seohyun gave her number to Taeyeon and watched her leave. She stayed frozen as she waits for Taeyeon’s figure disappear in her sight.