Verse IV

Theoús

Krystal had finished writing her essay and had managed to pass it to her professor on time. She had stayed all night writing and she's quite contented with it. She's not expecting for a high grade but she'd at least be happy in getting a B+, or at least, she knows her work deserves that much.

Her morning started so slow and she would occasionally check her phone, waiting for her sister's message knowing that she'll be arriving today for her three-day holiday. Being away for work, her sister barely has time to spend with her even when Krystal goes to her for a visit; being a manager of a big company doesn't give her sister much free time to be carefree.

Her phone vibrated. Two messages flashed on her screen. One from Sulli and another from her sister. "Almost by the house, anything you want downtown?" Krystal immediately replied that they should just go out for dinner later and that their parents had been fancying the steak from their favorite restaurant. 

The bell rung as she put her phone back to her pocket, but it vibrated again. 

"Im pretty sure you'd ace that Hades essay."

She looked around, knowing quite well that the message wasn't from someone she knows considering the number wasn't saved on her phone. She contemplated whether she'll reply or she'll block the number, not being one for creepiness, she opted for the latter.

It was already lunch break and she was at the bleacher waiting for her friend, Sulli, who had asked her to have lunch with earlier. It was quarter past twelve and she's really getting hungry. She knew her friend can be bothered by time sometimes, but she just wishes that her long legged friend would walk faster, because she's really hungry and impatient.

A packet of pocky was then shoved to her face, "Here." 

She blinked once, twice and it took another second for her to realize what the box was and that the stranger offering her the snack is not really a stranger after all; it was the same guy she saw outside her math class a few days ago, and if she can say so, probably the same guy he met yesterday at the library.

"I can hear your stomach grumbling. Here, take it." 

Krystal's eyebrow quirked upwards. His face might look the same yesterday but not the voice, the eye color and the hair color, it's all different. And as much as she was enthralled yesterday, looking at the guy right now, she felt more safe, at peace. It's different.

She unconsciously took the packet and stared at it for a moment before looking up again and to her surprise, she's yet again alone in the bleacher; he was gone, just like yesterday. "Okay... that's creepy." She looked around but there were no sign of the guy being there at all.

Yesterday, it was the guy who had raven hair and black eyes and today, it's the guy with the brown hair and blue eyes. She wont be surprised if she'll see the guy with the blond hair and brown eyes later or one of these days. She actually have a feeling that she might see him again soon.

"Hey, you okay?" It was Sulli approaching her.

"Will it sound crazy if I tell you I keep seeing the--" Krystal paused, momentarily asking herself if it's wise to tell her friend that she think she's probably seeing three different people who looks exactly the same or they might be just the same person and he's only changing his appearance.. It does sound crazy, so she brushed it off. "Never mind. Come on, I'm hungry." She said as she motioned her friend to leave for the canteen.

"We are still going to Minho's party, right?" 

"I thought you hated him for stalking you?"

"He's not bad when you get to know him. He's okay. And besides, he's friend with Taemin, what could go wrong right?"

Krystal and Sulli was almost finished with their meal when the said friend joined them, plopping himself on the chair across them.

"Don't bring any dates on the party, okay?" He told Krystal as soon as he's settled on the chair with his own food tray.

"Why?" Sulli asked as she fished one of the boy's fish fingers and stuffed it in . "Minho's setting her up with someone." Taemin informed them as he tried to save his lunch from the tall girl.

"Does he know I like girls?" Krystal inquires. Although she's proudly out of her gender preference, not everyone understands and well, people, mostly her family, still thinks they can convince her to date a guy.

"Yeah, he does. He's setting you up with a girl, don't worry." Taemin tried to convince her, adding that Minho had always been a good match maker and that his friend he had set up on a date mostly ended up together. "Don't worry Krys. We got you."

And somehow, at the back of her mind, Krystal knows there's still something she has to worry about; what, she's quite not sure yet.

 

 



 

Wow, it's already been a year since I last updated this fic. Ohh well, at least a year after I managed to update it, so don't be mad, I guess?

I'm trying to finish and update all my fics while I'm still on covid19 vacation. I'm not sick guys but I'm stuck at home, being careful not to go out that much. I have my mom with me so I'm trying not to get sick. 

Anyway, stay safe, stay health and stay at home.

Please wear a mask whenever you're outside. It's not just for your protection, but also for others who are at risk of getting the virus. Always remember that prevention is better than cure.

Please be mindful of others and also Black Lives Matter.

Happy Pride Month guys.