Verse III

Theoús

"Jesus, you scared me." Krystal held onto her chest, a sudden impulse from Taemin, her guy bestfriend, scaring the hell out of her. She was too focused on her notes that she didn't realize that the empty chair in front of her had been occupied for almost three minutes now, not till her friend reached out for her hand; she momentarily forgot that she's in the library hence the lack of voice control but was then reminded by the librarian who shushed her immediately. Embarrassed, she leaned over and whispered, "I swear to God Lee Taemin, you have to stop doing that." She picked up the nearest book from her and acted as if she was going to hit her friend with it.

"Okay, Sorry." Her friend ducked her head and held up her hand in defense. "What are you doing anyway, you seemed too focused."

"That's because I am." She replied matter-of-factly and went back to writing down some notes.

"Character evaluation?"

She nodded. "It's due tomorrow, so if you please, leave me alone for now so I can finish this and we'll talk about whatever you want later after class okay?" 

Taemin had been her friend since her elementary days and despite being in different courses, they still find time to spend time with each other. When they both have freee time, like right now, Taemin would come find her and they'd hang out; but since she's too busy with her due assignment, she's shooing him away which the latter understands.

"Alright. I'll let you be. But you'll be there tonight, right?"

She raised her head to look at her bestfriend, brows creased, obviously confused. "Tonight? Where"

Taemin looked at her like what she asked was the stupidest question he ever head. "Don't tell me you forgot already. Minho's birthday party, its tonight."

Right, she forgot. She might've or might've not agreed with Sulli to come to the party with her. She doesn't usually do parties during school days and would rather spend her night binge watching her favorite tv show called Lucifer, but she doesnt want to disappoint her girl best friend either, so she just confirmed her attendance to the said party. "Yeah, I'll be there." Sulli did promise to come with her to the amusement park on the weekends in return, so all is fair.

Taemin was long gone and she's back to writing down notes again. Noticing that she's missing a book from the file in front of her, Krystal stood up and went to the bookshelf where she knew she'd find the book she needed.

"Looking for this?" 

Krystal looked around for the owner of the voice but no one was around.

"Up here." 

She looked up and was surprised to see the guy from the cafeteria, sitting at the top of the rolling library ladder, with the book she need in his hands.

"So, Hades huh?" 

Closing the book, the guy with the jet black hair and dark eyes made his way down the ladder in a slow motion way that Krystal finds disturbing. How can someone look y while going down a ladder?

She cleared . "Ahmm, Myth 101. We're currently in Greek Mythology." She informed.

"I see."

Krystal noticed that when the guy's feet touched the floor, there weren't much of a distance between them. She also noticed that he wasn't that tall compared to her. And she definitely noticed how his crimson lips seemed to be calling out for her which is weird because the last time she checked she's gay. Yet there she was, shamelessly fantasizing over the stranger in front of her.

Her thoughts was soon cut off when the guy handed her the book and left but not without a mysterious goodbye message written on a post-it stuck on the hard cover of the book saying "See you around Krystal."

When she tried to run after the guy, he's already gone and Krystal was left wondering how on earth does he know her?