Chapter Six

Figment of You and Me
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Chapter Six

 

“Why should we hire you?” the interviewer asked on my job interview. Why did you choose the hospital? I wondered as I have stated my practiced answer for the said question. I have always wondered why, of all places to work for, I choose the hospital.

When you first thought of the hospital, the first thing that you will feel was to feel sad and gloomy.

Two years ago, I asked myself why and I realize that the hospital made me observe about life and humans. It made me love myself once again.

Eight years ago, my parents announced their death as DOA when they arrived at the hospital. I was devastated about the news. I have never felt so alone when I reached the hospital with their bodies cold and unrecognizable from the accident that welcomed me. I wanted to blame the hospital for being too far from where my parents had an accident. I wanted to hate the driver that crashed my parents but was healed in the same hospital. When I saw them at the NICU, I can’t help but to feel glad that a baby survived and feel sorry that I blamed them for killing my parents. As much as I want to revenge, I can’t bring myself to by just watching the baby. I can’t blame those persons for the cause of my parents or the child to be welcome to this world. 

It was really an accident that none of us can stop.

Two weeks of absence from work made me realize two things, moving forward is a need and life is short to think of having revenge. I can’t help but to be proud of myself that I didn’t kill myself during my dark days nor push the thought of getting revengre. I also can’t helped but to be thankful to Yeri. We both save each other from what the fate had throw to us. I may sometimes hate her naughty attitude but I would always thankful to have her.

“It’s nice to see you, Seohyun-ah!” Ryeowook beamed at me as I entered the office; stopping myself from thinking about things. I had two weeks of thinking how I managed to live and enjoy life once again. I had two weeks to manage to answer why I choose this hospital.

“I thought that you would never be coming back.” He sound like he was about to cry but I remembered that he keep sending me messages on how Mr. Nam almost killed him at work.

“Never in my right mind thought that you missed me.” I showed a sour face but I end up laughing as Ryeowook placed two white shredded bond paper below his eyes.

I was about to get an eraser to throw at him but my eyes landed on a pink post it note on my planner.

Heal well~ hope to see you soon, Seohyun-shi. P.S.take care of yourself! -Jong

I smiled at the post it, as I made a note that I need to say owed him for helping me last time. I picked up the note and place it my thin notebook. I was shock for a moment to see a note and I remember why I have a note like that.

Heal well.

The anonymous note said. I placed Jong’s note beside the note that I have found in my grandmother’s mirror the day I got injured. I have almost forgot about this but when I stare at the note I have noticed that it has the similar handwriting to Jong.

I have almost thought that maybe Jong give me this but what is weird is that the note was placed on the mirror when I first find it. I asked Yeri and Yoona eunnie and they don’t have any idea about a note. I agree with them because we went home together.

I can’t help but to remember that it has been more than four months since some peculia

Please log in to read the full chapter