Chapter Four

Figment of You and Me
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter Four

 

It has been a month since Yoona euunie move in to my house. I couldn't exactly tell if it is a good thing or not because there are days that I want Yoona eunnie out and be stuck at the hospital and there are times that I want to thank her for moving in with us.

"Eunnie!" I shouted across the laundry area. It is Saturday and it is Yoona euunie's schedule to laundry our dirty clothes. "Your shoes really smells bad!"

"Mianhae!" Yoona eunnie entered the laundry area as I just finished separating the white from the colored ones. Thank God that her scrub suits are stuck at the hospital. It would be really stink bad to have clothes with blood or what not in the house right now.

"Don't blame me, okay?" She said. "The woman had massive bleeding when I opened her up and the blood just spit out on me."

"Arasso. Arasso." I said placing my hand on my nose. "I am going to the attic. Please don't disturb me."

 

For the first two weeks since eunnie moved to my place, there's always the sad vibe whenever I entered the master’s bedroom. I would always remember my parents smiling at me and their memory will fade the second I close the door. I know that it has been eight years since they died and I should have moved on.

I shouldn’t be sad at all. I should be glad that after eight years, I have managed to stand up and live as normal as possible. I should be happy that my grandmother is proud of me because I have a job that can help me and Yeri to survive.

 

For two weeks, I even had a hard time falling asleep. I don’t understand why or maybe because this room had always been for my parents and my grandmother. I would always be staring up at the ceiling thinking that this is their special room and that’s the time that I have decided to move my things to the attic. I transferred the things from the attic to my parent's room and I even moved our old piano at the living room where it is used to be place. I even bought a bed two weeks ago and Yoona eunnie felt bad about it.

Good thing, I managed to settle things immediately. Yoona eunnie insisted on paying her stay but I just told her to help on paying bills which she happily agree.

One of the things that I didn't move from the attic my grandmother's mirror. The attic is not big when it was cleaned. My bed is placed beside the window. I even bought a small couch at fill up the space at the other side of the room and I even used the small table that was stored in the attic ages ago.

There's a vacant cabinet in the attic and it is now used to as my closet. In short, I made the attic as my bedroom.

With my two weeks of stay in the attic, I am not bothered by my grandmother's mirror at all. I feel better than the two weeks of stay in my parent's room.

My grandmother’s mirror is like a normal mirror for the past weeks. It don't do ripple effects or let me show any reflection other than mine. I am starting to believe that during the time I saw something weird from the mirror, I am just tired and stress.

As I turn on my laptop, my phone beeped and I received a text from Yeri.

Eunnie! Why are you with the guy I bumped on the bridge ages ago?!

"Bwoh?" I lean away from the headboard and I read Yeri's message twice. "What is this girl talking about?"

"What are you saying? I am at our house." I dictated softly the message before sending to Yeri. Not a minute later, I received a picture with supposedly my back and the guy Yeri was talking about.

This is the evidence. You better have some explanation for this.

I looked back at the picture once again as I try to picture the two persons in the picture.

First, I don't have that kind of clothes. You absolutely know that. I send the message to Yeri and I stare once again at the picture. The girl was wearing black jeans and simple white shirt. She has a white backpack and that's all. I know that I don't have that kind of pants. The guy beside her, is wearing black jeans and jean-colored polo.

You could have bought that clothes today, eunnie. Don't bother to

Please log in to read the full chapter