Chapter Two

Figment of You and Me
Please log in to read the full chapter

A/N: Sorry for the delayed update! It took time to write the next update because of my school. I was supposed to update during weekdays last week but it got delayed because the supposedly chapter three seemed out of place so I rewrite the whole thing.Β 

Thank you for reading! Here's chapter two πŸ˜„

-----

Chapter Two

Β 

I blinked my eyes trying to adjust with the darkness surrounding me. I am standing inside a room or I presume. I can't describe the place because it is dark and I have no single idea where the lights are. I just know that I stand a couple of feet away from the wall.

I looked at my left and I saw a window. I wanted to get close to the window but I can't. My feet won't move even an inch, it was as if it was glued on the spot.

"Till we see each other..." I heard a croaked whisper that made me looked away from the window. "I'll leave nothing left except for dust."

"Hello?" I asked. My voice echoed around the room. I looked everywhere but I can't see anything. The light coming from the window barely showed anything of what is inside this room.

Run. That's what my body says but I just can't manage to move a single inch. I heard a laugh. It was a creepy like a witch' laugh. I suddenly feel that my hair in my skin stood up from it.

Run! My mind shouted at me. I tried pulling my foot by my hand but it felt like it weigh a ton. The croaked voice laughed creepily still I can't find the owner of the voice.

"Who are you?" I shouted as my feet dig itself down to the ground. There's no possible way to escape. My body shrinks down to the ground. I tried calling for a help but it was late.

The ground take me whole leaving only dust to the surface.

Β 

I wake up with a bunch of sweat on my face. I was breathing deeply as if the Earth take my breath away. The dream was still vivid on my mind and I thought for a second that it was real. I wiped it off with my hands and I pulled away from the bed. It’s almost three in the morning. I still have a two hours of sleep before preparing breakfast.

I take a couple of deep breaths before going to the kitchen to drink. As I pulled myself away from the bed, I was shocked to feel that my knees are trembling. It took a couple of minutes before I have managed to calm myself down.

Thank God, it was a only a dream.

I turned my laptop on after I have drunk cold water from the fridge. My body had managed to calm down and sleeping right now is the next impossible thing. As my laptop had finished loading, I found out that I had pending files due next week.

Since I can't take another sleep, I have decided to work on this report. I take a sip from my hot chocolate I made after taking cold water.

Fifteen minutes hadn't passed and I suddenly feel sleepy. I take a sip again from my hot chocolate to warm my body, as my hand flew back to the keyboard and the playlist I have been waiting to load started to play.

It is one of Beethoven's piece, one of my favorites, I closed my eyes for a second giving my mind a rest.

It has been almost eight years since I played piano, I thought inside my mind as my hand unconsciously tapped on the table following the music. I don't know if I can still play one since I never had the opportunity ever since my parents die and the old piano was hidden at the attic, which I guess is not even in tune anymore.

When was sixteen, it used to be my escape from reality of trainee days. I thought that being a trainee is the worst and hardest thing I had experienced. I was wrong.

If time travel exist, I wanted to go back to that time, where my parents are still alive and my biggest problem is if I am going to passed the last screening of audition or not. I would love to repeat the whole thing and not let my parents go out of the house on that particular day.

Please log in to read the full chapter