The Worst Guys

Five Songs to Sunday

They’re in bed when the morning light peeps through the curtains. Neither Rome nor Kangjun know it’s10 in the morning. And neither could they care. For Rome, it’s the boy next to him. If it weren’t for the bed sheet, said boy would be lying on his mattress. But he isn’t concerned about doing anything naughty – they had quite enough fun last night.

It's another lazy summer morning.

Rome wraps a hand around Kangjun’s waist, and grazes his thigh over the other's. He rubs his brow against Kangjun’s back, feeling every firm edge and soft valley with the bridge of his nose. There’s a slight friction that gently tugs at brow, as if fighting to extend the duration of contact. He concentrates on the sound of snoring. It’s light. It’s unapologetic. It’s Kangjun, and it's all he wants in that moment of waking.

Kangjun himself wakes and turns to the warm breath that’s brushing the nape of his neck. A hand greets him, combing softly through his hair, helping him to alertness.

“Good morning, handsome.”

“Hey Kangjunnie.”

Kangjun presses a hand against the other boy’s face, thumb gently massaging the skin pulled over his cheekbones.  

“What are you thinking about?”

Rome steals a moment to enjoy the steady motion of circles being rubbed into his cheeks.

“I think we should go somewhere today.”

Kangjun smiles brightly, but then plants his face into the pillow as if resorting to sleep once again.

“Or,” he replies, voice muffled, “we can stay hungover in bed for a bit and then go out to eat.”

“I mean it Kangjunnie, all we do is go to restaurants or bars or to the mall.”

“Correction, Hyung—“ Kangjun lifts his face up from the pillow. “You eat out, and go to the mall with me.”

Kangjun emphasizes the last two words pursing his lips with playful pride. Rome’s eyes are bright, but never pleading – they twinkle with an enthusiasm that's warming and piercing.

“So then can I take you somewhere else for a change?”

Kangjun scrunches his nose, and Rome knows that the other boy is going to give in.

“Where did you have in mind?”

“I’ll figure something out.”

Kangjun turns around, pulling all the blanket with him dramatically.

“Just give me five more minutes in bed.”

A broad chest -- and someone's not-so-subtle morning wood -- presses against Kangjun's back. Rome’s arm slides between the other boy's head and the pillow, fitting snugly in the space between Kangjun’s neck and the mattress. In turn, Kangjun pulls the attached hand towards his shoulder, fully wrapping the broad arm around his chest. Rome’s other hand stretches the skin along the back of Kangjun’s neck. As his fingers trail, his lips follow with gentle kisses.

Kangjun can’t help it if Rome knows how to makes him feel like a million dollars.

“Let’s make that ten minutes.”