Chapter 3

The secret life of Kai.

CHAPTER 3

 

 

Two months later.

 

-Have anyone seen Kai?- Suho asked the other EXO members, they were about to perform live their new single and Suho was holding a piece of wardrobe belonging to Kai, which tells him that Kai wasn’t ready yet.

 

-I saw him in the restroom- D.O reply. Suho walked there to find Kai sick in front of the toilet.

 

-Are you ok?- Suho ask

 

-I think the food from last night didn’t agree with me- 

 

-You don’t look so good Kai. Are you ok to performed?- 

 

-Yes, I’ll be alright- he say walking toward the sink to wash his mouth. 

 

-Here, put this on.- he gave him the pice of wardrobe.  -If you don’t feel fine, you shouldn’t perform Kai-

 

-I’m fine!- Kai answers with some annoyance. 

 

-Ok, got it!- Suho say using the same tone.

 

Kai looked at himself in the mirror. The true was that lately he hasn’t been feeling fine, he can’t hold his food for to long and nothing he took from over the counter was working for him. Then he remember about having his doctor’s personal phone number on his mobile. He grab his phone and dial the number.

 

-Hello- the female voice on the other end answers.

 

-Hello doctor, this is Kai ..- But before he could say more, the woman immediately recognize him .

-Kai! hi, how you doing? are you feeling alright? it’s everything ok?- the voice of the woman sound a little worry.

 

-Hi doctor, sorry to call you, I didn’t want to bother you..-

 

-No, not at all, I’m happy to help. Tell me what’s wrong-

 

-lately I haven’t been able to hold my food. I’ve been trowing up almost after every meal. And I’m getting a little worry.-

 

-Where are you right now?- 

 

-I’m at the studio, I’m about to performed in 10 minutes-

 

-I would recommend no to performed right now. I’ll go to the studio and have you checked. Please wait for me, I’ll be there in 10 minutes.- 

 

Despite the doctor suggestion Kai performed with the rest of the members. Once the show was over and the rest of the members were heading to their dressing room, Kai faint on the hallway. Chanyeol cough him before he hit the hard ground. To everyone surprise, the doctor was already waiting in the dressing room and asked Chanyeol to carry Kai to her car to take him to the hospital. Once again Kai was in the hospital, and once again clueless of the situation between Taemin and Kai, Suho called Taemin again to informed him about Kai.

 

-Kai have you ever been diagnose with something, before?- The doctor asks Kai. He shake his head, he never been in a hospital before, he informed the woman.

 

-So, I assumed you’re not aware of an extra organ in your body.-

 

-Extra organ? What, what is it? it’s that dangerous?-

 

-I didn’t think it was. I notice it on your first visit. I didn’t know exactly the function of the organ. i did some test and it doesn’t appear to be anything known by the human anatomy but it wasn’t causing any problems until now.-

 

-Do I need a surgery?- 

 

-Well, that depends on you?- the doctor say. Kai seem to be clueless. -Kai, in that strange organ it’s something growing.-

 

-What? is it a tumor?- Kai was beginning to get scare. It was getting serious, something was wrong, really wrong.

 

-No Kai, it’s not a tumor. What ever it’s growing  inside seem to have a heartbeat. But the ultrasound can penetrate it, I can’t see exactly what it is.

 

-Heartbeat?- 

 

-it sounds like a fetus heartbeat. It’s seems like you’re pregnant.- The word pregnant was all Taemin heard the moment he enter the room. He stop right that moment. Nor Kai or the doctor notice Taemin’s presence.

 

-What? that’s crazy. Men don’t get pregnant.- Kai say mocking the doctor. 

 

-I know that Kai, but also Men don’t have that organ you have. It’s not a womb like women’s but it seems to act the same way. I took a biopsy before and it have all the nutrient to conceive a human being. A fetus. A baby.-

 

-That’s impossible doctor, you’re talking nonsense. How did I get pregnant. Did I in-pregnant my self?- Kai say with a mocking tone.

 

-That I don’t know. It seem unlikely for that to happened, your reproductive organs are separate from your extra organ. I don’t see a way for your own traveling inside your body. But maybe…- She stop in mid sentence not wanting to say  something inappropriate.

 

-What? What is it?- Kai demand.

 

-Have you been in contact with another male?- The woman asked not really believing the answers could be yes. But behind them was Taemin hearing everything. Kai was silent for a moment. The silent told the doctor that there might have been a possibility.

 

-Who?- The doctor asked almost not wanting to believe that there could be an answers to that question.

 

-It’s that important?- Kai asked

 

-Maybe not. But it’s up to you Kai. I can removed the organ all together and you can get back to your life, or you could keep it. Wait to see what happen. I’ll monitor you to make sure that you’re healthy, nobody needs to know about this.- 

 

-No, I’m not waiting. just get rid of it. It’s not natural. I don’t know what kind of thing it’s inside me. Just get rid of it now!-

 

-NO!- Taemin yell from behind them. He heard enough to know that what ever it is, it’s also part of Taemin too. -Kai, I won’t let you do that-

 

-Taemin, what are you doing here?- 

 

-Kai, I heard everything. You can’t end it-

 

-This has nothing to do with you. Get out!!!- Kai was screaming. 

 

-It has a heart beat, it has life! how dare you end it?-

 

-Taemin you have no idea what you’re talking about- 

 

That moment the doctor realize that there was something between the boys, maybe the famous Taemin was the male he was in contacted with. So slowly she walk out of the room leaving the boys talk it out. The true was that also the doctor didn’t want to finish with that life, but it was Kai’s decision.

 

-Why did you ran away from me Kai? you never answers any of my text. What did I did so wrong to you?- Taemin was now sad. Seeing his friend after a few months, feeling rejected and thinking that he lost his best friend was weighing on him.    

       

-I don’t want to talk about it- Kai turn his face away from his friend. 

 

-Do you want me to say I’m sorry for that night?. I never felt sorry about it, not even once, but now I’m beginning to feel sorry. Because of that I loose my friend and now seem like I’m going to lose what ever part of me is growing inside of you.- 

 

-Stop. Don’t say that. It make me uncomfortable- 

 

-I’m sorry Kai. I guess from this moment we become strangers now. I hope you make the right decision.- Taemin walk away from the room leaving Kai mad and anxious. On his way out he didn’t stop to meet the other members, they all saw him walk out with tears in his eyes but no one dare to asked.

 

Taemin kept his promise, he never call or text Kai again, he tried to avoid any news from EXO. He kept busy working hard, and it was perfect timing for him when SHINee were send to Japan to promote their album for a few months.