Chapter 1

The secret life of Kai.

So I heard that you and Taemin are good friend- The guy with the microphone approach Kai the lead dancer of the new band EXO.

 

-Yes, we met since we were trainees. We’re good friends- Kai replay with a smile back at the interviewer.

 

Taemin was a member of another band name SHINee, they been popular for quite some time now, Taemin was the younger of the members and also the lead dancer of his group.

 

After the interview all the members of EXO were exited to have their first big break in national television after their recent debut. Kai immediately call Taemin on the phone to tell him everything about the interview. Taemin was already used to be on the spot light, but everything was new to Kai, and like back then when Taemin use to be exited, he share everything with his un-famous friend Kai. When everyone else were calling their parents Kai didn’t have any, he was rase by a single woman that adopt him after finding Kai lost in the danger Demilitarized Zone at the North Korea boarder. Kai didn’t remember anything before that day he met the lady, it was like he had post traumatic stress. So Kai always assume he was a refuge from North Korea. Maybe his parents are still there or maybe they die trying to scape. That he will never know. The lady was kind and sweet and Kai became her lovable son. So that was the story of Kai’s past and the only one who know about it was Taemin, no one else knew.

 

The day of her adoptive mother funeral he just received the news for his preparation to his debut as EXO member. He finally made it and his mother wasn’t there to see him succeed. Taemin became his second family. Although their busy schedule of both boys was crazy, they always find time to call or text every single day.

 

-Guess what Kai? I’m going to be in an episode of “We got marry” - Taemin told his friend Kai after Taemin’s manager inform the young singer.

 

-Really! that’s awesome. Who’s your partner?- Kai asked with curiosity. 

 

-I don’t know, they won’t tell me until the first episode- That show was very popular, it’s when they pair two celebrities, make them have dates and perform a fake wedding. Lot’s of celebrities have been in that show, some of them end up dating for real, but the chances of that it’s not likely. 

 

The day before filming the first episode of the show, Kai and Taemin went out like they usually do once in a while. That particular night both boys decided to pretend to have a fake bachelor party the two of them. They had dinner and drank some Suju, later then went to a karaoke and have some more Suju. At the karaoke Taemin began to sing EXO songs and Kai sang Shinee songs both of them exaggerating the notes and making fun of the other. 

 

Kai began to dance the new steps of his song, but with all the Suju on him, the dance look like a disaster. Taemin laugh at him and when Kai try to make the jump he felt on his making Taemin laugh even harder. After a few minutes of laughing the mood began to change into more serious. Taemin looked at his friend getting up of the floor.

 

-Thank you for this night Kai- Taemin say feeling grateful and happy to have Kai in his life. He never felt so comfortable to anyone, but with Kai was different. Even though he debuted first, Kai never felt any jealousy or envy toward Taemin, he always support him. 

 

-I hope you have fun in the show.- Kai reply sitting next to him looking at his best friends eyes. Taemin hold Kai’s hand. It wasn’t something weird to hold hands with your male friend. That’s the culture of Korea.

 

-Oh, I think I’m going to be sick- Taemin say closing his eye when a rush of nausea invade his head. His instinct was to lay down on the old coach of the Karaoke room resting his head on Kai’s lap. 

 

-We drank to much. I think you’re going to have a hangover tomorrow in the show-

 

-Kai, stop spinning the room. You’re getting me dizzy-

 

Kai grab a few napkins and soak them with the bottle of water putting the wet napkins on Taemin’s forehead. The freshness of the water in his head make him feel al title relief.

 

-Here, drink the rest of the water, I’ll go to the desk and by some more.- Kai told him getting him up from his lap and when outside the room. Few minutes later he came back to find Taemin sleeping. It was already midnight and thankfully the karaoke was opened 24 hours. Kai set an alarm on his phone and lay on the uncomfortable and sticky floor of the room letting Taemin rest in the sofa. 

 

One hour later a strange sound woke up Kai. Taemin was feeling sick. Immediately Kai grab the plastic bag from the Suju and gave it to Taemin to trow up in. Finally when Taemin was relieve he washed his mouth with water to clean the after taste.

 

-Feeling better?- Kai asked with concern.

 

-What time is it?- Taemin asks still feeling uneasy.

 

-around 1am- 

 

-We should go. I need to be at the studio at 7 am.-

 

-I know. I set the alarm at 6:00 am. It’s to late to go back to your dorm. Just rest the rest of the night here you can shower at the studio tomorrow.- Kai took his jacket off and put it on top of Taemin. He look at his friend realizing where he was sleeping.

 

-Come here, we can both fit in the sofa.- Kai got up and lay next to him, it wasn’t enough space for both, making Taemin almost sleep on top of Kai. But the room was cold been so close to each other kept the boys warm.

 

They lay together, trying to get some sleep. Taemin resting on Kai’s shoulder he began to smell something on Kai, a nice scent. “Was that a new  cologne. It smell really nice” Taemin thought. Without noticing he follow the scent, it was all over his body, like if Kai’s skin was made of that scent. It was soothing to him, relaxing. Even his nauseas fade away thanks to that smell.

-are you wearing a new cologne?- Taemin asked him with a soft voice just in case Kai were sleeping already.

 

-What?- that’s a weird question, Kai thought. -No, I’m not wearing any today.

 

-Oh- that’s all Taemin say before finally falling asleep with that soothing smell on him.