I Think I Kind of Like You

I Should Have Known

There's like 2 curse words in here but I censored them for you guys just in case^.^


It was just the right amount of warm and you sighed in contentment before nuzzling your head even further into Jiho’s neck. Taking a deep breath, you opened your eyes, caught sight of the alarm clock and contemplated getting up. Nah. You could afford to spend a few minutes enjoying the peace and quiet. These were some of your favorite moments after all. Just lying in bed with the love of your life, the man of your dreams. Not that you told him that often, his ego was big enough as it is. Languidly, you traced the tip of your middle finger over your boyfriend’s tattoos. You were sure you’d never get tired of the art on his body, no matter how many times and for how long you’d look at it. Smiling softly to yourself, you carefully hoisted yourself on one arm before gently pecking Jiho’s forehead. With one last sigh and a call for will, you pushed the covers off yourself and stood up. Wow, you really wanted to be back in bed right now. Turning to face Jiho once again, you rested one knee on the mattress. This was a fight. And you were losing. Leaning forward and resting your hands on either side of the sleeping boy, you could feel your eyes beginning to close again. No, no, no. You had to get ready for school and you would really appreciate not looking like a bum today. But sleep was so tempting. It almost felt like sleep itself was gently wrapping their firm arms around your waist and pulling you forward into a warm embrace. It almost felt like they were rubbing your back in soothing circles and whispering sweet nothings in your ear. Sleep really sounded like your boyfriend. Wow. Your boyfriend. Your boyfriend!

Your eyes shot open and sure enough you were met with an eyeful of Jiho. The minute he noticed you were fully awake once again, his arms tightened around you, smooshing your face against him.

“Woo Jiho let go of me this instant.”

“Why? You don’t love me anymore?”

“I have school in like an hour. I have to get ready, I’m starving, and I’d like not having to run to my class.”

“Excuses. Just tell me you don’t love me anymore and that you’ve found somebody else. Go ahead. Do it. I can take it.”

“Kay. I’ve found somebody else” you said, relenting to his game. Instead of letting you go, however, he only squished you harder and started rolling from side to side with you still in his arms.

“No, no! Baby! Why!”

You were getting nowhere with this.

“Does he have a big- did you just me?” Jiho yelled, the amusement and slight bewilderment evident in his voice.

“Yup,” you said simply, using his distraction to slip from his grip and stand. He was fast though, latching onto your waist, dangling half off the bed.

“Jiho. It’s not me, it’s you. You’re just too clingy.” You pried his hands off your waist and headed towards your closet. You heard a muffled moan from where he had fallen off the bed, but he quickly got back on, mumbling something about the floor being cold and having a bully for a girlfriend.

“Hey babe!” You yelled out, grabbing a loose v neck and a pair of dark wash jeans. You peeked out from the walk in closet waiting for his answer.

“Yes, center of my universe?” He replied cheekily, looking up from his phone.

You made gagging noises as you walked towards him and laid your clothes by his feet. “Never mind, you’re disgusting. Speaking of which, you’ve been extra cheesy and corny lately, which I know is your attempt at romance, but please, spare all of us the pain.” You ruffled his straw like bleached hair before rummaging through your underwear drawer.

“I’m not romantic, you ask me to be romantic. I’m romantic, you ask me to stop. I can never win.” He sighed and sprawled out on the bed looking like a giant sulking toddler. “Just tell me what I have to do to get some loving around here, please. I’m nothing but a man who needs some love.”

You snorted before opening the bathroom door and leaned against the doorframe. “Maybe if you were Kim Woo Bin or Johnny Depp.” You barely had enough time to dodge the throw pillow launched at you and you burst into giggles at his hopeless expression. “Miss me, miss me, now you gotta kiss me!” you half chanted, half wheezed.

He crossed his arms with a huff, looking even more like a petulant child before turning his head away from you. “Yeah right, like you’re getting any kisses from me after that!”

You laughed one last time and shut the door just as he kicked your clothes off the bed. Rolling your eyes and beginning to undress, you yelled out through the door; “seriously, Jiho? How old are you? Five?”

“Seven!”

You jumped in surprise, realizing he was just outside the door.

“Hey! Hey! I forgive you, now let me in, I have to pee!” The door jiggled as he pulled on the doorknob without actually trying to open it, respecting your privacy. You heaved one last sigh before getting into the warm shower.

“I’m !” you yelled back. There was a short silence.

“So is that a yes?”

“No you ugly ert! Go away!”

***

You came out of the shower to an empty room and your clothes back on the bed in a jumble that said he attempted to fold them but failed. “At least he tried,” you thought to yourself with a small smile. It took a total of 17 minutes for you to get dressed, put your hair up in a messy bun, and put on some light makeup. With a last check in the mirror, you skipped down the stairs and followed the smell of waffles into the kitchen. Just before you stepped off the last step, however, you stopped in your tracks. Jiho was facing away from you. He was talking on the phone, almost whispering, except the anger in his voice made him a bit louder than he probably hoped. His free hand was balled into a fist and he was almost shaking, he seemed so upset at whoever he was conversing with.

“I’m serious. You have no idea who you’re messing with, b*tch. You try one more ing stunt or get anywhere near her and I will-“

You just had to sneeze before the juicy part.

Jiho hung up and spun around to face you before you could even straighten up from your sneeze.

“Hey babe, you scared me. I made you some waffles and prepared your tea. It’s still a little hot, so be careful.”

“Thanks, Ugly. You’re the best. I think I kind of like you.” You gave him your biggest smile as you walked up to him and wrapped your arms around his neck. Before you could even get up on your tippy toes to reach him, he had wrapped an arm around your waist and used his other to cradle your cheek.

“If I pack you some snacks, you think you could love me?” He was joking, but the intensity in his eyes made it hard for you to think properly.

“If those snacks include a chocolate bar and those gummies I like, I’ll think about it,” you whispered, not really knowing why, you just didn’t want to disturb what was going on.

“Consider it done, then.”

You wanted to thank him for real, for being the best boyfriend anyone could ask for because even though it was his first day off in weeks and he was more than tired and could very well be sleeping, he had made breakfast and was making sure you were prepared for the day. It was things like this that made your heart grow so you could love him even more. Before you could get the word out though, he was taking them from you. The kiss was steady and strong, like he was trying to tell you something without having to speak. You only tore apart when his phone began to vibrate violently. Whoever was calling him was not going to give up until he answered. Jiho closed his eyes in irritation and leaned his forehead against yours.

“Grab your stuff and I’ll drop you off today as soon as you finish eating, kay?”

“Yeah, thank you. But who’s that? Everything ok? You seemed pretty upset earlier.”

He shook his head and flicked your forehead before letting you go from his embrace to silence his phone. “Just work. It’s been a little stressful lately, but I’m taking care of it, don’t worry.” He smiled at you, but there was no real insurance in it. Deciding to let it go, however, you only nodded and sat down at the breakfast bar. As much as you wanted to know exactly what was going on, you knew he’d tell you when he was ready.

As soon as you finished, you grabbed your backpack and Jiho came down from your bedroom, hair still wet from his quick shower.

“You ready, Ugly?”

“Why is it that I can call you princess, babe, love of my life, flower-petal-lollipop-glitter, or literally anything nice, and in return all I get is ugly?” He opened the fridge and took out a small Ziploc bag with some tangerines, a chocolate bar, and your favorite gummies. “I don’t think you deserve this that I prepared for you with my love.”

“Fine,” you said in your most dramatic tone, “I guess I’ll just go to school and starve because my boyfriend doesn’t lo-“ before you could finish your teasing, Jiho’s phone was ringing again.

“The life of Zico sure is busy,” you told him, walking towards the door.

He only nodded, silenced his phone and grabbed his keys. “Sorry,” he whispered to you as he walked past you.

The car ride to your university was quiet. Usually on days when he was able to drop you off, you’d both sing at the top of your lungs to whatever song was on the radio, or you’d rap to his latest song. But today, the radio was on low and you were silent. You had a feeling that you could be screaming right now though, and he wouldn’t notice. His eyes were on the road but you had no idea where his mind was. Whatever was bothering him at work must be serious, you thought.

When you finally reached the school, he parked as close to the entrance as he could and turned to look at you with the most seriousness you had seen him with in a very long time.

“Call me when you’re done. I’ll come pick you up, or one of the guys can come. Do not walk home, you hear me?” You nodded, not knowing why he was being so overprotective for, but choosing not to question him. “And please, stick close to your friends. Eat with them in the dining hall, don’t eat in the studios by yourself. Ok?”

“Yeah, but why are you so worried, babe?”

“No reason, I just love you and want to make sure you’re safe. Oh and hey, you called me babe for oce in your life!”

“Oh shut up,” you laughed, getting out of his fancy shmancy car.

“Hey, no kiss?” He asked you in his dumb cute voice that you hated to love.

Leaning back into the car, you were expecting a quick peck, but were surprised when he cradled you’re your face in both hands. The kiss was different than the one from the morning. This one was desperate and needy. He pulled back and gave you a small smile.

“I love you.”

“I love you more,” you replied softly, closing the door and walking away.

You waved and entered the lobby, taking note of how he waited for you to do so until driving away. Something big was up. 


I know I took forever to update and this is y, but my brain is soup bc I live in Hell. USA. Please comment and tell me what you guys think! Criticism is always welcome! I didn't proof read so if you guys ever find some type of mistake, please let me know!