The Real Truth

Wrong Confession To the Devil Twin

After a while, you realised that Insoo did not brought you to your house, instead, he brought you to a roadside stall that looked like what Kwangmin has brought you to for the first time. "W-Why are we here?" 

Insoo did not give you an answer, instead, he set you down on a seat. "Ahjumma, 3 plates of dokbokki and 5 bottles of soju." He ordered.

Your eyes rounded at the amount he ordered. "W-We're eating this much?"

"Not us only." He said with a smug look. Just then, 3 other guys entered the roadside stall. "Hey hyung!" The red hair guy came over and sat beside Insoo. The 2 other guys behind him, followed and sat at the table. A while later, their leader Gunwoo came in, he saw you and automatically frowned. "Why is she here, Insoo? Is this the reason why you wouldn't join us when we went to their turf?"

Insoo shrugged casually, not giving a direct reply to Gunwoo's question. The red hair guy (Seyong) studied you, making you feeling nervous all of a sudden. He blew a raspberry. "I wondered why Kwangmin likes her. She seemed to be not our kind." He commented.

 

"I'm curious too. As to why Kwangmin picked her." A guy with chubby cheeks (JunQ) smirked.

Insoo grinned a bit at his comment. "Not to say, she was his first."

"Whoa... Kwangmin is daebak." The 3 younger ones gasped. "Too bad we did not manage to see how much he changed over these years." Seyong cracked his knuckles. "I missed sparing with him."

 

You felt your heart drop. "D-Did Kwangmin get hurt?!" 

Gunwoo gave you a look. He smirked. "Don't worry. We just went to deliver a message from Boss. Although those kid looked like they wanted to fight. Man... They've grown so much."

 

You gave him a wary look, not believing a single word he said. Gunwoo saw your expression and he chuckled. "I mean it. As much as Boyfriend hated it,  we were once friends. We won't fight with Boyfriend unless we were forced to."

"B-But aren't you enemies with each other?" You asked softly.

"Enemies?" Seyong raised an eyebrow. "Is that what Kwangmin told you? Ouch, that hurts." He faked a pained look. "We used to be so close that we lived together under one roof."

Your eyes rounded. "Huh? Jinjja?" 

 

"Yup." Seyong grinned. "Especially Insoo hyung and Kwangmin. They were almost like brothers. Right, Insoo?"

You turned to Insoo to see him smiling slightly. Now you were getting more confused. *How are they related?*

Just then, the ahjumma came with the food and soju. Instead of eating the food first, Insoo took the soju bottle and gulped a mouthful of the alcohol down. His memory flew back to the good old days.

 

//Flashback begins//

5 years ago, Myname did not know Boyfriend at all. Myname has always been the kingkas in school while Boyfriend was just an unknown group. One day, Insoo and Gunwoo were walking on the streets together when they saw a group of college guys surrounding 2 boys. One of the younger boys had bruises on his cheeks. Insoo frowned in disgust. *These guys are bullying these 2 kids?*

As he wasn't a busybody, Insoo turned away. However, a voice stopped him.

"Do you want to die?" A kiddy voices spoke. Insoo turned around with interest to see the boy glaring at an older guy. What attracted Insoo's attention was that that boy, despite being young, did not looked afraid at all. 

A corner of his lips tugged. It kind of reminded him of himself. Young and fearless. After seeing his uniform, Insoo realised that they were from the same school. *He must be one of our hoobaes.* 

The leader of the bullies raised an eyebrow and stepped towards him. "What did you just say, kid?" He patted Kwangmin's head. "Aigoo, you wanna go find mommy. Oh, where is mommy? Boohoohoo." He faked a cry. The rest of his followers sniggered.

The boy gritted his teeth, his fists tightened beside him. And before anyone could expect it, he punched the leader right at his left jaw. The leader gaped at him, unable to believe that this little boy had the guts to attack him. He rubbed his aching jaw and his eyes darkened. "Y-You are so going to regret this, kid. Get him!" 

Slowly, his followers went up to him, attacking this boy shamelessly as if he was the same age as them. As the boy was still young, his strength was not in par with those guys and he fell on the floor after a kick in the stomach. The guys seized the opportunity and started kicking him.

*That's it.* Insoo clutched his fists, unable to watch any furthur. He bolted towards their direction. "YAH!" He yelled at the guys who were only a few years older than him. "Leave that boy alone."

The leader turned around. He studied Insoo and let out a snort. "And who are you trying to be a hero?" He looked down at Insoo's uniform. "Ah, he's your hoobae is it?" 

Insoo's face darkened. "You don't really need to know my name. Because I'll make you forget it soon enough." He cracked his knuckles and sent a flying punch at the same area where that boy hit. 

"OW!" That leader yelped in pain after receiving a 2nd attack on the same spot. Insoo smirked. "How do you like that?" 

The leader pointed his shaking finger at him. "You!" He wanted to return a punch at Insoo's face but missed it by inches because Insoo was too fast. 

At the same time, Gunwoo joined in to help the 2 boys. With ease, he tackled a few guys around them and sent them groaning in pain on the ground. The other guys looked at them with their mouth agape. They slowly backed away as Insoo and Gunwoo stepped closer. Just then, they heard someone shouted 'run' and the rest of them automatically scurried off at all directions.

Insoo looked at the boy who was observing him with an arrogant look. Insoo smiled. "What's your name?"

The boy stared into his eyes. After a while, he finally spoke. "Kwangmin."

 

And ever since then, Boyfriend became Myname's brothers. They were no longer attacked by other groups who feared Myname and Kwangmin's fighting skills improved under the training of Insoo. 

 

//Flashback ends//

 

Insoo took another gulp of soju. Gunwoo looked at him and sighed. He knew exactly how Insoo felt. It was not their choice to betray Boyfriend back then. Hwanhee was a sly man who loved to manipulate others and one by one, all the members were controlled by him. Each member had their own weak spots and Hwanhee knew that well. For Gunwoo, his ultimate weakness was his ill mother who got ill taking care of him without a father. Gunwoo let out another sigh.

*Can't believe now, we became his weapon to take in Boyfriend.* He flashed a bitter smile. Although he hated the fact that he had to pull his dongsaengs into the black society, it seem to be the only way to stop Hwanhee from hurting them.

 

You stared at the 2 oldest guys turning silent. After thinking a while, you decided to ask the question in your mind. "H-How come you and Kwangmin... became like this now?"

Insoo took a glance at your face. "~~~~~. You are seriously too weak."

"Huh?" You frowned, not getting his point.

 

"If you wanted Kwangmin to stay safe, you need to learn to protect yourself. All these while, I've been watching you. You never learn to stand up for yourself. Well..." His lips curled into a smirk when he recalled something. "Other than the slap you've given me." He added.

Your face went red. "I-I.."

Seyong's eyes widened. "Bwoh? Insoo hyung, she slapped you? Wow, I didn't see that coming. What did you do to her, hyung?" His eyes twinkled in interest. 

Gunwoo sighed, knowing that Insoo was just concerned about Kwangmin. "Insoo...."

You blinked at the guys. "S-So it was just a prank?" *All the things he did to me... was just to test me?*

 

The rest giggled at your statement. Insoo smiled smugly. "Or... you felt something for me? Is it?" He teased.

"Anniya." You denied immediately. Just then, your phone rang and you saw the caller ID. 

 

Kwangmin calling...

 

You gaped at Myname and looked back at your phone. *How can I answer his phone now?! Kwangmin will get angry with me if he knows I'm with Myname now!* You panicked.

Insoo saw your expression and noticed your phone in your hand. It kept ringing yet you seemed to look troubled. "Wae? Is it Kwangmin?" He guessed.

You bit your lips and nodded lightly.

 

"Give me your phone." He held out his palm. "I'll speak to him."

Your eyes widened. "N-no..." You rejected without thinking.

Insoo rolled his eyes. "Chaejin, pass me her phone." He ordered the guy who sat beside you. Chaejin snatched your phone away before you reacted and handed it to his hyung. 

"A-Andwae!" You wanted to stop Insoo but he pressed the 'answer' button instead. "Yeoboseyo. This is Insoo. ~~~~~ is with us at XXXX roadside stall at XXX street now." And he ended the phonecall cooly, as if nothing has just happened.

You gulped, knowing that Kwangmin will rushed here very soon. 

 

As expected, Kwangmin arrived a few minutes later and he rushed into the tent. As there were not a lot of people in the tent, he spotted you in no time.

 

"~~~~!" He came towards you, eyes filled with concern. "Why are you with them? Did they hurt you?"

You lowered your head, not knowing what to say. 

 

Kwangmin shot a death glare at Insoo. "Didn't I warn you to leave her alone? If you wanna come at me, then come at me alone!"

Insoo stood up from his seat and raised an eyebrow. "Who says I want to come at you? Can't I make friends with ~~~~?" He challenged.

 

"You...." Kwangmin stared at the hyung whom he once respected so much. Unable to contain his anger and disappointment, he punched Insoo on the face. Insoo got taken aback from the force of Kwangmin's fist and tripped over the chair behind him. He fell onto the ground, smirking slightly at the pain. Myname members quickly went to him and helped him up.

You gasped and held Kwangmin back from punching Insoo again. "Kwangmin! It's not like that!" You cried.

However, Kwangmin did not care. He stared at Insoo with hatred in his eyes. "How I wished you were not the Insoo hyung I once knew." And he grabbed your hand and pulled you out. Before he exited the tent, he stopped again. "Don't let me see you again. If not, it won't be a punch only." He said coldly without turning back.

 

Once Kwangmin and you disappeared from the entrance, Gunwoo threw a glance at Insoo who looked relaxed. He rolled his eyes. "You did it in purpose, right?"

Insoo wiped the drop of blood off the corner of his cracked lips and grinned. "Only you know me best." 

Gunwoo shook his head in disapproval. "Why must you do all these just to let him hate you?"

"Because..." Insoo gave a last look at the direction Kwangmin went. "I owed him."

 

****

 

"K-Kwangmin..." You called as he dragged you away from the tent. Your sprain in your ankle hurt a lot and you were trying your best to hold your yelp in. However, Kwangmin did not notice your pain. Instead, he continued walking fast. You bit down on your jaw and inhaled deeply.

After walking for a while, Kwangmin finally released his grip on you and your sprained leg went weak. "~~~~!" He caught you before you fell to the ground. Finally, he realised something was wrong. Your leg and the jacket you wore. His eyes furrowed in concern. "What happened?"

You felt your eyes teared up at his question. "I-I almost got just now... And Insoo saved me..." You said with a quivering voice.

"Bwoh?!" Kwangmin gritted his teeth. "Who is that bastard who did that to you?! I'll find him and kill him." 

"Don't." You shook your head, unwilling to recall what happened today. "Insoo already beat him up. Insoo did not hurt me, Kwangmin. He saved me..."

 

"So?" Kwangmin looked away, not wanting to admit his mistake for punching Insoo earlier. *He betrayed me. I should not trust him.* He thought stubbornly.

"Kwangmin..." You sighed and hugged him. His body warmed you up in no time. You could not imagine if Insoo did not come and save you in time, what would have happened to you.

 

Kwangmin automatically wrapped his arms around you. "Mianhae... I'm always getting you into trouble."

You shook your head. "Anniya. I should be the one who's apologising for always making you worried. Mianhae, Kwangmin."

 

Kwangmin smiled softly. "I'm happy to worry about you, ~~~~~. Saranghae."

Your cheeks heated up at his confession. You buried your face deeper into his chest. "Me too. Saranghae." 

 

*********************************************************************************************************************************************

I know many of you must have been wondering why there were so many Insoo and fewer Kwangmin in these few chapters. 

LOL

 

I just wanted to use Insoo to tell everyone about Kwangmin's past.

Yes, Insoo taught him fighting and was his hyung until Insoo got forced to join HS gang.

 

Because Kwangmin felt betrayed by his closest hyung, he automatically hated him the most.

But Insoo still feel obliged as Kwangmin's hyung.

 

Anyway...

Sad to announce, Myname won't be appearing anymore for the coming few chapters. (I'll miss you, Insoo)

 

Because after this chapter, new character will be introduced and Youngmin will be appearing more often. (Hurray to all bestfriends ><)

Also new problems surface.

 

Will you be able to keep your secret from Kwangmin?