Chapter 5

Red Silk

 

So...  I’m back.... hee hee. Sorry for being away for so long, author-nim is bad, huh? But truthfully, a lot has happened. The concert in Japan was a big success, but a week after I got back, people who I thought were my friends me and started spreading rumors that weren’t true and really hurt me. That, along with it being so close to my exams made it impossible for me to work on my story. And then I went on vacation for two weeks with my family and I never really got back into writing. But now I’m back, so no worries~!  I really feel bad towards my subbies and people who read this story, so I’ll try my best to make sure that when I update, it’ll be good!

“HyunSoo, you’re not human.”

I stared incredulously at Mrs. Thomas and Hasina. They seemed to be waiting for me to speak, so I told them exactly what was on my mind. “Excuse me?! I’m not human?! Then just what the hell am I, a fish?”

Both Hasina and Mrs. Thomas’s expressions faded into twin looks of worry. Hasina was the only one to speak. “Look HyunSoo, I know this sounds really strange, but-“

“A little strange?! Try bloody crazy!” I cut her off. “Just what the hell are you two on, huh?! I hope you both get thrown into and insane asylum!”

I stormed across the band room to the door. Like hell I’ll stay in the same room alone with those crazy broads! I heard in the background Mrs. Thomas saying, “Well Hasina, looks like all we can do now is wait,” and Hasina sigh. I paid it no mind though as I walked through the band room’s doors to look for a place to go spend my time until the next class. Spotting the library, I entered it and tried to calm down. Finding an empty table, I sat down for a moment and put my head in my hands.

Why was I stuck with weirdoes in this school? The next few years will be hell if everyone turns out as strange as those two crazy chicks.

I passed through the rest of the day without incident, though. The teachers weren’t too bad, and no one really spoke to each other, so it was a bit boring. I was counting my blessings that that Hasina girl wasn’t in any of my classes so I didn’t have to deal with her. Unfortunately though, HyoYeonie had a free period for the last period of school for the entire semester. She wanted to head home first, so I knew that I’d be bored for the rest of the day. And because she had piano lessons today, I wouldn’t be able to talk to her.

When the last bell of the day rang, I tried to rush to my locker. The keyword being tried. The hallways had congested so rapidly with other students that I was being pushed around against the larger bodies. By the time I managed to get down the stairs and open my locker door, most of the hallway was almost completely void of students. My eyes felt tired as I shoved my books in my locker and lazily closed it for the night. As I walked back to the staircase and adjusted my purse over my shoulder, I froze. The sensation in my gut from before had returned full force. And this time, it didn’t go away.

Without my permission, my feet started moving on their own. I ran out the door and rushed to the back of the school. I reached the side that held the field and some lilac bushes. I stood stock still, not quite sure why I was standing there. Suddenly, I felt some sort of pressure taking over the almost nervous feeling in my stomach. My head whipped to the left and there stood the scariest creature I’d ever seen. It was ridiculously tall, even though it was hunched over, and had to be at least seven feet tall. Its thin, lanky arms and legs had long claw-like fingers and toes that looked as though they could cut straight through any human. Its skin was pitch black but glowed, as though made of energy. It had long, almost bunny-like ears and its eyes were large, pitch black, unmoving ovals on its face. The creature turned to face me completely and opened its large mouth. Its teeth were the same solid black as its eyes, but they were jagged and had almost an eerie shine.

It started to approach my, taking small steps and moving one leg at a time. After taking two strides, it paused, opening its wide mouth opened again and released a low pitch growling noise. My feet were frozen in terror and I couldn’t move. Petrified, I watched as it jumped quickly into the air. It was rapidly dropping down towards me and, and that’s when I let out a loud scream. Suddenly, something tackled me and sent the two of us rolling to the ground. About two feet away from where we rolled, the creature crashed down. A voice yelled out, “HyunSeong! Get HyunSoo away from here! I’ll take care of this!”

I let myself get picked up and dragged away quickly, my eyes glued to the monster and the owner of the voice, Hasina. I was still frozen as I watched her face the dark monster. She growled under her breath wearing a dark look on her face. In her hands, a bright greenish energy gathered and shaped into twin handles. Long blade-like shapes formed attached to them. Once the swords formed, the green energy burst off, leaving behind twin swords. The handles were a dark brown, and the blades themselves were a shining silver with a blue vine carved into both of them, extending from the hilt to the tip.

Hasina raised her swords and got into a fighting stance. In the blink of an eye she ran at the monster. She had moved so fast that it didn’t even seem like there was any time between when she was where I was standing before and when she was right in front of the monster. She leapt into the air and sliced down the middle of the creature from head to toe with both of her swords. I watched as it fell to the ground and disappeared without a trace.

Hasina turned back to face me as her swords vanished and formed a small circular pendant around her neck. She smiled softly at me as she came closer. After what I’d just seen her do, I knew I should have been scared of her, but somehow I wasn’t. Though I was still shaken from what I’d seen, I was completely calm. She took my hand and pulled me away, leading towards the front of the school. The handsome guy, HyunSeong as Hasina had called him, followed us.

Hasina turned to me and said, “You need to come with me.” Seeing the look of hesitance on my face, she added, “Unless you want to wait for more of those things to show up.”

“But where are we going? And just what was that... that thing?” I asked, some of my sense returning after my initial shock started to fade.

“Don’t worry, just come with me and I’ll explain everything.” Hasina then took a strange, stone-like object out of her pocket and threw it on the ground. It shattered and suddenly a circular hole appeared in front of us. Hasina comfortingly squeezed my hand. HyunSeong walked behind me and gave my shoulder a light squeeze, sending butterflies to my stomach. He softly whispered to me, “Just trust me” as I was pulled through the hole, the white light blinding me.

Well, I hope that wasn’t so bad, considering how long I haven’t written. I’m not going to say that I’ll try and write faster, because I never seem to when I say that. And with the way that my schedule for this school year turned out, I don’t have any free time.... le sigh. Is it bad that I based the image of the monster slightly on the bunny mascot of B.A.P? I love those guys, seriously....

On another note, I want to get an account of my own on this site, so I can stop bugging my friend to upload this story... And if I make the account... Idk what I should do... should I just have it on my account, or just make as a co-author on my friend’s account??? What to do... T.T’’’ Comment and tell me what you think on both the story and if you know what I should do! Remember, comments are love~!