2224

back and forth

present day, 2015

 

“Jimin! Where's my phone??” Jia keep looking through every cabinet in the living room, “Come on, I’m almost late—“ 

 

“You left this on the bathroom” He leans on the door, silently watching  the  girl and her struggles , “Please, Be more careful”

 

She stops looking, and straightly went to the guy, “Thanks, eomma”. Snatching back her phone and put it on her bag, “Jin, where's my lunch?” she moved on to the next issue

 

“Huft, I know that if it's you then I have to hand it to you myself, here” and so He gave her the lunch box. “what would you like for dinner?”

 

“Anything, I’m okay with anything. You should ask your brother and Jimin, not me” She put the lunch box in her bag, and go trough the door, “See you later jin!”

 

 

He can only sighed on this morning routine, “I’m three years older than you, you should put oppa in behind” .

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“What took you so long!!!” Jimin poses in front of the car, “I had a test, remember??”

 

“I know! I know, I’m sorry” Jia opens the front door and get in, “Morning, Taehyung!” She greeted the guy who already sits next to her.

 

“Morning!” In return, he smiles back at her, “Jimin, got in!” then calls for the guy who still leans on the trunk. “You don't want to get scolded by Dumbledore again, don't you?!”

 

“That Dumbledore guy have no chills,” Jimin got into the car before Taehyung even got to finish his sentence. “Drive fast but not furious, okay?” He pats on the driver’s back.

 

“Okay!!” And so Taehyung put his seatbelt on, and steps on the pedal.

 


 

Ten years ago, 2005

 

“Who are you?” Jia scans at the boy who is way taller than her.

 

“Hi! My Name is Kim Seokjin, and this is my brother, Kim Taehyung!” He grabs the shoulder of a little boy who stands next to him, “Nice to meet you!”

 

“Jimin,” she whispers in her brother’s ear, “Do you know them?”

 

Jimin shook his head, “I don't know them, but I know them”

 

Jia frowns at him, “huh?”

 

Jimin pulled her sister for another secret, “I mean, I don't know them, but I know—“

 

“Actually, one of your house keeper happened to be our mother!” The eldest exclaimed, cutting of the other party, “You’re going to meet us often since we’re going to live here! Let's be friend!” He bowed.

 

Jia and Jimin can only look at him in a slight confusion.

 

“You too, Taehyung! Bow at them!” Jin force his brother to lowered his head.

 

“Hyung! I don't have to bow at them just because they’re rich!” The youngest refuses.

 

Jin put his hand on his back, and put more force on making it bend into 90 degrees.

 

“Eh, no! No! You don't have to” Jia butts in, stopping the two brothers. “Ehm, my name is Park Jia, nice to meet you” She offers them a handshake, “And this is my twin bro—“

 

“Jimin, Park jimin!” Surprisingly, Jimin is very excited. Without even thinking, he places himself in the middle of the two brothers and tangled his hands on each of their shoulders, “You look older than me, so I guess I should call you Jin Hyung?” He grins at the boy with the glasses. “And how about Taehyung? How old are you??” He turns his face on the boy who still keep his face frowning all this time.

 

He gets rid of the hands from his shoulder, and slides a bit. “We’re on the same age”.

 

“Really?! Yey!! Finally! Jia! look! I finally have a boy friend!” Jimin jumps around, “We should play after this, okay? What would you guys like to play? Nintendo? Play station?!”

 

Jin and Taehyung both can only put a question mark on their heads, “What are those? we never heard of it…”

 

“Really?”  And so now its Jimin and Jia’s turns, “Well then… we’ll just have to show it to you guys!”.

 

“Okay, that sounds like fun!” Jin tilts his head, “But can we do it after four? Please??”

 

“Why?” Jimin pouts, he doesn't like to wait for another hour to play.

 

“Cause Hyung needs to help moms first, you guys have a big enough kitchen to make our mom exhaust

 

Jin puts on his brightest smile, “Taehyung how about you play with them first, and then I’ll join you later??” before he stepped on his brother’s feet.

 

“Ouch!!” Taehyung fell down, and immediately looked back at Jin, “Fine”.

 

“Okay!! Then let's go to my room!!” there's no hesitation for fun and time, and so jimin just drag his new friend along with him, “Let's go! Let's go!”

 

 

 

In the end, The two older siblings got left alone by their brothers. “Sorry, Taehyung is a bit… childish…” Jin  scratches on the back of his neck, “But he usually gets along better after some time”

 

“Of course he’s childish, he’s only ten!” Jia laughed a bit.

 


 

present day, 2015

 

 

The three of them get out of the car and individually run for their lives. Jimin is almost late for his exam meanwhile Jia doesn't want to be late for her first class. How about Taehyung? Well, Taehyung just run because he wants to.

 

“Ya! At what time should I pick you guys up?!” Taehyung yells at Jia and Jimin who both running in a different direction.

 

“Heh? I’ll just go home by bus!” Jia wave her hand a ‘no’ while keep on running.

 

“Me too, Just rest your Taehyung!” Jimin turns around, gave him a thumb and run backwards to his class.

 

 

“Rest my ?” Taehyung looked around, and found people already staring at him. “What's wrong with my ?” He looked for something on his back pocket, “eh?” He found something that doesn't belong to him, a hair tie. “Ah, that clumsy girl—“ Taehyung realizes something, “Ah! That clumsy girl!” and so he runs his best to the owner of the hair tie.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“You—“ Taehyung tries to control his breath, “You— you forgot to tie your hair!” He goes to Jia’s seat.

 

“No, I did not, I just don't want to tie my hair” Jia shrugs in.

 

Taehyung move his hand around her neck, carefully picks on the girl’s long hair and tie it up, “But you have to tie your hair on your first lesson of the morning!” He insisted, “There you go!”

 

Jia realizes that they become the center of attention, “Taehyung, I told you that it's only a dream, and it has nothing to do with me” She can only hides her face behind her book at everyone start to make a fuss of the scene.

 

“But in my dream, you—“ Taehyung stops talking once he realizes that people are no longer staring at them, and instead, they start to take a picture of them. “Eh, sorry, I’m sorry” He bowed at every direction, at everyone in the class. 

 

Jia realize just how embarrassed her friend is, “Taehyung, if you really like to come to my class then you should go to college” 

 

“Maybe next time,” Taehyung fix on the girl’s hair again for one last time, “See you later!” before he left the room.

 

 


 

 

four years ago, 2011.

 

 

“Taehyung, have you done—“ Jia tries to understand what her eyes just seen, “the math homework…” And so there's Taehyung being surrounded by bubbles and toys.

 

“Ya!! What are you doing here!?” He reacts on the sudden barge in, “Get out!!”

 

But then she chooses to the opposite, “What are you doing?” She carefully moves closer to Taehyung, not wanting to hit any fragile bubbles that floats around in the air.

 

“It's none of your business! Get out!” Like a hungry lion, Taehyung just glares at her from the corner of the room.

 

“Is it for the English project?” Jia notices that there's three cameras in the room, “The video art project, right?” 

 

“Yeah,” Taehyung unwillingly answer the question, “Now get out”.

 

Again, Jia chooses to do the opposite as she starts to look closer at her surroundings, “What's your concept? Fantasy?”

 

“You’re wrong, its utopian world” He moved on each camera, and checked on it. “Stay”

 

Jia, who has been walking around the room suddenly freeze herself, “Eh?”

 

Taehyung stick his eyes on one of the camera’s viewfinder, “Stay, you look like an evil giant who wants to wreck the city” 

 

“Okay,” Jia keep her self stoic, “But can at least—“

 

“Done” Taehyung took out the camera from the tripod, and start to clean up. “Now I’m going to edit the video so you better go”

 

“Can I stay here?” Jia sits on the bed, “I want to see how pretty the giant is” 

 

“Ewkh, and No, you can’t, this is my room and its already wrong for a girl to go into this place!” Taehyung turn on the computer and then copy all the data.

 

“did you just say ‘girl’ ?” Jia quotes with her hand, “Oh my god, you did!!” She then jumps at the boy and shakes on his shoulder. “Oh my! Oh my! Finally! Finally! Kim taehyung realizes that I’m a girl! ahahahahahaahah!” after a couple of second, she let go of her hand and walk out of the room, “Ahahahaha, I should tell this to Jin!!” 

 

 

 

 

“Stupid, of course I realize that you’re a girl” Taehyung watches his friend leaves the room and fade in the corner, “From the first time we met, I realize that you’re going to be one troublesome - crazy - annoying and unfortunately pretty girl”

 


 

present day, 2015.

 

 

Jia throws her bag on the sofa as she starts to look for some good channel to watch.

 

“You’re back already?” and with his favorite pink apron, he came out from the kitchen while still holding on a knife, “But Taehyung still on his way to the supermarket”

 

“I went home by bus” after some searching, Jia can finally settle herself for some music shows, “Ah look! Its bigbang—“

 

Her excitement got cut when someone presses on the power button, “Young lady I told you to not go home by yourself!” Crossing his arm, Jin plays his usual roles.

 

“Come on! I’m not a kid!” Jia throws some pillow at him, “move away, old hag!”

 

Jin coughed, “what did you just say!? old— old hag?!”.

 

“Yes, an old hag who disguises as a 23 years pathetically single and over protective guy” She gets up from the couch, grab her bag and goes upstairs, “You know what, I’ll just go to the convenience store and eat some ramen for dinner”

 

“Ya! But instant ramen is not good for your health!!” Jin raises his voice, hoping that it could hear up to the second floor. “Aish! That girl!!”

 

 


 

five years ago, 2010.

 

“ahjumma, you should rest, I can wash the dishes myself” Jia insisted on staying in the kitchen after dinner.

 

“No, no, no, don't you have some homework to do?” But the old lady refuses, “I may look old, but I’m perfectly healthy, see??” and try to prove it to her by moving her hips around and dances a little.

 

Jia laughs a little, “Now I’m sure of it, Jin is indeed a duplicate of you”.

 

“Is that a good thing or not?” She ended up her work for the night with a warm smile.

 

“A very-very good thing” Jia grab a glass of water and give it to her, “please do rest yourself” 

 

“If it's you who asked then I can't complain,” She took a sip of it, then excuse herself, “You too, don't sleep too late. Good night”

 

“Night!”

 

Jia feels happy that there's still a glass left to be clean. As if she found a candy, she cherishes that glass with water and foam, and carefully wash the glass. It's almost ten and she’s all alone. But then she can hear a footsteps, “Who— who is that?” which giving her a goosebumps and unleash her imagination.

 

“It's me,” A guy come in, “Jin” and open the fridges, take out a box of milk and pour it in a glass. “Why are you still here?”

 

Jia scans at her friend who still on his school uniform, “did you have extra lessons?” 

 

“Yeah, being a third year is tiring,” He gave her the glass, “You should sleep, is already late”

 

“No thanks,” Jia refuses to drink the milk, “oh, Jin, if you’re not busy can you help us with my history homework?”

 

“Us?” Jin leans on the fridge, “So Taehyung is included?” and drink the milk himself.

 

“Yes, and JImin too, of course. Why? Did you and Taehyung fight again?”

 

“Not really,” He shrugged. “Okay, I have a free time for tomorrow morning, wake up early”

 

“Not really? Then what did you guys fight about?”

 

Jin finish his milk, wash the glass, put it on a rack then excuse him self. “Nothing that you need to know about”

 

earlier that day;

 

“Taehyung,”

 

“Hyung,”

 

And with The two brothers said it on the same time, a laugh comes to fills in. 

 

“Okay, you first”

 

“Okay, you first”

 

Apparently the two brother are on synched, 

 

“Okay but don't laugh at it”

 

“Okay but don't laugh at it”

 

and so on a count of three,

 

one,

 

two,

 

three,

 

“I think I like Park Jia”

 

“I think I like Park Jia”